Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,347
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Wo Wo Wo She's a Lady



    Watched the silliness of the sogobujutsu guy vis a vis warrior arts and modern military, and found the Lady.

    As a purely grappling type of guy, I don't think I'm qualified to say anything serious about weapons work.

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRQ...Y-3_9LjJLnFhpw
    Last edited by BKR; 9/05/2014 11:02am at . Reason: Adding stuff
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  2. #2
    Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,202
    Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh look, gun disarms.

    Edit to add some actual content: Her single stick work is weird, its like she's doing the right things, just really slowly and not cleanly.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    450
    Style
    Kali
    -3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Baby got back!

  4. #4
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,347
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    Baby got back!
    Let's try to keep the degrading sexist comments out, please, and focus on the technical aspects.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  5. #5
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,347
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Oh look, gun disarms.

    Edit to add some actual content: Her single stick work is weird, its like she's doing the right things, just really slowly and not cleanly.
    Looks self taught, or more beginner level ? Or both?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  6. #6
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,347
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe this is helpful...from youtube cover page


    LadySenseiNewYork posted 6 days ago

    "Lady Sensei New York" is a panoramic look at a baby boomer who began training in martial arts at 44 years of age. The clips presented here, are the silent third eye of the camera. She and her Ninjutsu instructor, Professor Ronald Duncan, O'Sensei worked and practiced much over the years. Through the beauty of film, you will watch her grow and develop as a practitioner, learning weaponry of all sorts. We thank you for watching, and we thank you for supporting women in the martial arts. Osu.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  7. #7
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,900
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *facepalm*

    "o'sensei"?? really?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

  8. #8
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,347
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    *facepalm*

    "o'sensei"?? really?
    Plenty of references to Irish sensei in that neck of the uTube world...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  9. #9
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,900
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Plenty of references to Irish sensei in that neck of the uTube world...
    the sad thing is that these ass clowns are local to me :(

    it never ceases to amaze me that with *so many* amazing places to train in NYC and yet people still give these pretenders their money.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

  10. #10
    Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,202
    Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Looks self taught, or more beginner level ? Or both?
    My guess, and bear in mind this is just me speculating here, is that she was taught by someone (maybe her ninjutsu teacher?) who included some FMA in their regular material after a short course. It definitely looks like uninformed imitation to me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO