218358 Bullies, 5367 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 73
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. donoraen is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    490

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:13pm


     Style: Limalama

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gotta wonder what his neighbors are thinking.
  2. ojgsxr6 is offline

    Dorkus Malorkus

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,008

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:24pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, I think it's supposed to be a comedy type video. when I say think I really mean hope
  3. Suprore is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    423

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:29pm


     Style: Bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out his other videos. If this is a joke, it's directly in opposition of the things he shills.
  4. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,368

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 7:53pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few thoughts:

    -Test cutting isn't really something you want to **** around with, kinda like shooting a gun. If you have solid shooting skills, you might practice shooting on the move, but if you're a gun noob, you should have your fundamentals down first. The quality of his motion doesn't convince me that he should be running and swinging a big sharp object. I hope he doesn't cut any fingers off his left hand. The icy conditions might also be a problem if he slips and impales himself.

    -I didn't like how he turned around. There's a few ways you can turn around quickly from a charge but he didn't do them.

    -IMHO you're probably going to be better off working a thrusting technique from a charge like that.

    -Weird followups (jumping two handed downward cut?)

    -I've done a few stickfighting partner drills that specialize on the charge. Personally, I prefer to use a high cover position followed by a low strike. There's several reasons for this:
    -if you swing at their head, you are open underneath that arm, and they'll hit you. If they use the tip, they'll get to you first.
    -exchanging blows with weapons isn't really acceptable with momentum like that. Delivering a killing blow a split second before or after one hits you is no bueno.
    -the "caveman chamber" position, where the weapon is cocked over the right shoulder, leaves the weapon behind you. This is backwards- your opponent should always have to get past your blade to get to you. Hence the high cover I like. Don't take my word for it though- check out old cavalry saber manuals about how to hold your arm before hitting them on the drive by with a big blade.
    -the head can be ducked to avoid the strike and a lower counter made at that moment. The legs, however, are very difficult to move out of the way, since people don't really jump over low strikes like in the movies.
    -if we're in fantasy land where we're out there charging our enemies with big edged weapons, we might as well consider armor, and alternative targets to avoid helmets and stuff.
  5. newbie1 is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 8:23pm


     Style: Fighting without fighting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    A few thoughts:

    -Test cutting isn't really something you want to **** around with, kinda like shooting a gun. If you have solid shooting skills, you might practice shooting on the move, but if you're a gun noob, you should have your fundamentals down first. The quality of his motion doesn't convince me that he should be running and swinging a big sharp object. I hope he doesn't cut any fingers off his left hand. The icy conditions might also be a problem if he slips and impales himself.

    -I didn't like how he turned around. There's a few ways you can turn around quickly from a charge but he didn't do them.

    -IMHO you're probably going to be better off working a thrusting technique from a charge like that.

    -Weird followups (jumping two handed downward cut?)

    -I've done a few stickfighting partner drills that specialize on the charge. Personally, I prefer to use a high cover position followed by a low strike. There's several reasons for this:
    -if you swing at their head, you are open underneath that arm, and they'll hit you. If they use the tip, they'll get to you first.
    -exchanging blows with weapons isn't really acceptable with momentum like that. Delivering a killing blow a split second before or after one hits you is no bueno.
    -the "caveman chamber" position, where the weapon is cocked over the right shoulder, leaves the weapon behind you. This is backwards- your opponent should always have to get past your blade to get to you. Hence the high cover I like. Don't take my word for it though- check out old cavalry saber manuals about how to hold your arm before hitting them on the drive by with a big blade.
    -the head can be ducked to avoid the strike and a lower counter made at that moment. The legs, however, are very difficult to move out of the way, since people don't really jump over low strikes like in the movies.
    -if we're in fantasy land where we're out there charging our enemies with big edged weapons, we might as well consider armor, and alternative targets to avoid helmets and stuff.
    pretty hilarious how serious you are taking this lol (no offense)
  6. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,156

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 8:49pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am still trying to figure out what the hell he's trying to prove in the cutting videos.

    But this:

    Quote Originally Posted by newbie1 View Post
    the guy is a wing chun expert as well
    Is proof he should do Judo and learn how to fall correctly.
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,538

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 8:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie1 View Post
    pretty hilarious how serious you are taking this lol (no offense)
    None taken, you suburban nutjob.

    Kevin Spacey called, he wants his pot-fueled mid life crisis back.

  8. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,156

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 9:06pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

    Kevin Spacey called, he wants his pot-fueled mid life crisis back.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mena-suvari-sexy.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	12198
    Fixed that for you.
  9. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,097

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 10:18pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
    but really, it's just haymaker knife attacks
    Quoted for truth. He's swinging like a retard, and the only reason anybody would grant him a moment's notice is because he's doing so while wielding a sword.

    Looks like a nice ginunting - pity it is being wielded by such a moron.
  10. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,420

    Posted On:
    3/05/2011 10:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm no doctor, but he certainly sounds constipated.

    Yaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhh........

    Sound of ripping asshole.



    ......disclaimer.....

    know this sound from the results of a week of pain killers
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.