Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:13pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gotta wonder what his neighbors are thinking.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, I think it's supposed to be a comedy type video. when I say think I really mean hope

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:29pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out his other videos. If this is a joke, it's directly in opposition of the things he shills.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 7:53pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few thoughts:

-Test cutting isn't really something you want to **** around with, kinda like shooting a gun. If you have solid shooting skills, you might practice shooting on the move, but if you're a gun noob, you should have your fundamentals down first. The quality of his motion doesn't convince me that he should be running and swinging a big sharp object. I hope he doesn't cut any fingers off his left hand. The icy conditions might also be a problem if he slips and impales himself.

-I didn't like how he turned around. There's a few ways you can turn around quickly from a charge but he didn't do them.

-IMHO you're probably going to be better off working a thrusting technique from a charge like that.

-Weird followups (jumping two handed downward cut?)

-I've done a few stickfighting partner drills that specialize on the charge. Personally, I prefer to use a high cover position followed by a low strike. There's several reasons for this:
    -if you swing at their head, you are open underneath that arm, and they'll hit you. If they use the tip, they'll get to you first.
    -exchanging blows with weapons isn't really acceptable with momentum like that. Delivering a killing blow a split second before or after one hits you is no bueno.
    -the "caveman chamber" position, where the weapon is cocked over the right shoulder, leaves the weapon behind you. This is backwards- your opponent should always have to get past your blade to get to you. Hence the high cover I like. Don't take my word for it though- check out old cavalry saber manuals about how to hold your arm before hitting them on the drive by with a big blade.
    -the head can be ducked to avoid the strike and a lower counter made at that moment. The legs, however, are very difficult to move out of the way, since people don't really jump over low strikes like in the movies.
    -if we're in fantasy land where we're out there charging our enemies with big edged weapons, we might as well consider armor, and alternative targets to avoid helmets and stuff.

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 8:23pm

Style: Fighting without fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    A few thoughts:

-Test cutting isn't really something you want to **** around with, kinda like shooting a gun. If you have solid shooting skills, you might practice shooting on the move, but if you're a gun noob, you should have your fundamentals down first. The quality of his motion doesn't convince me that he should be running and swinging a big sharp object. I hope he doesn't cut any fingers off his left hand. The icy conditions might also be a problem if he slips and impales himself.

-I didn't like how he turned around. There's a few ways you can turn around quickly from a charge but he didn't do them.

-IMHO you're probably going to be better off working a thrusting technique from a charge like that.

-Weird followups (jumping two handed downward cut?)

-I've done a few stickfighting partner drills that specialize on the charge. Personally, I prefer to use a high cover position followed by a low strike. There's several reasons for this:
    -if you swing at their head, you are open underneath that arm, and they'll hit you. If they use the tip, they'll get to you first.
    -exchanging blows with weapons isn't really acceptable with momentum like that. Delivering a killing blow a split second before or after one hits you is no bueno.
    -the "caveman chamber" position, where the weapon is cocked over the right shoulder, leaves the weapon behind you. This is backwards- your opponent should always have to get past your blade to get to you. Hence the high cover I like. Don't take my word for it though- check out old cavalry saber manuals about how to hold your arm before hitting them on the drive by with a big blade.
    -the head can be ducked to avoid the strike and a lower counter made at that moment. The legs, however, are very difficult to move out of the way, since people don't really jump over low strikes like in the movies.
    -if we're in fantasy land where we're out there charging our enemies with big edged weapons, we might as well consider armor, and alternative targets to avoid helmets and stuff.
    pretty hilarious how serious you are taking this lol (no offense)

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 8:49pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am still trying to figure out what the hell he's trying to prove in the cutting videos.

But this:

Quote Originally Posted by newbie1 View Post
    the guy is a wing chun expert as well
    Is proof he should do Judo and learn how to fall correctly.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie1 View Post
    pretty hilarious how serious you are taking this lol (no offense)
    None taken, you suburban nutjob.

Kevin Spacey called, he wants his pot-fueled mid life crisis back.

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 9:06pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Kevin Spacey called, he wants his pot-fueled mid life crisis back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mena-suvari-sexy.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	12198
    Fixed that for you.

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 10:18pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
    but really, it's just haymaker knife attacks
    Quoted for truth. He's swinging like a retard, and the only reason anybody would grant him a moment's notice is because he's doing so while wielding a sword.

Looks like a nice ginunting - pity it is being wielded by such a moron.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm no doctor, but he certainly sounds constipated.

Yaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhh........

Sound of ripping asshole.

......disclaimer.....

know this sound from the results of a week of pain killers
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast