Our Sponsors:

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263 6465666773 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:53pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Known,

While we are still on the topic. The story included incapacitating 7 men. That is how I interpret "laid out". They were damaged or unconscious. Medical assistance would be needed or we would have to believe seven men were hurt just the right amount to take the fight out of them but not significantly injure them. This is a fantastic claim. As Fake pointed out the simplest explanation is it was a fabricated story. Finally the racial part of these stories are disturbing. This is not the first time I have had heard racial details added to these stories. Also, the "muscle" quote is similar to many bad movies.

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:55pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Known View Post
    (Beginners Mind)

With regards to the former criticisms, we do not see these as a problem based upon the raw power and simplicity of the art as well as the depth and subtlety of the art. Regardless of it's origins, we find it functional, practical, and deep, which is proved time and time again for our students and instructors when they encounter real-life situations requiring them to defend themselves or others.
    ve.
    I see you have been successfully joined the Shou Shu hive mind. Good job.

"There is no your way. There is no my way. There is only the Shou' Shu' way"

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 7:51pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Beginners Mind)
    For some reason my account was de-activated, so I created a new one.

I got a reply from the Sacto Police, and it turns out that there is no record of the event which was anecdotally relayed to me 10 years ago. Would also like to report that I found a studio where I can cross train in BJJ and MMA - which has been quite interesting - but has lead to an even deeper respect for Shou Shu, rather than a dramatic conversion experience.
    Colour me unsurprised about the bullshit anecdote being found to not have any supporting evidence.

Your use of language, ie "I found a studio where I can cross train in BJJ and MMA", belies the truth. The way it is written shows that you have indeed found a place to train, but that you have not had the balls to actually go train because you...
    Spoke with my instructor about many of the criticisms we have received here on Bullshido. There is a lot of awareness of within our own system about the common criticisms: ie No shou shu in China, being based in Kenpo and various martial arts that the Moore's brother's were familiar with, having techniques which cannot be executed in full form on the street, etc.

With regards to the former criticisms, we do not see these as a problem based upon the raw power and simplicity of the art as well as the depth and subtlety of the art. Regardless of it's origins, we find it functional, practical, and deep, which is proved time and time again for our students and instructors when they encounter real-life situations requiring them to defend themselves or others.

With regards to the latter criticism, the techniques of Shou shu are meant to act as one element of the training regime (including bag & pad work, weapons training, sparring, drills, kata, etc) which prepare you move properly and execute power in a smooth and flowing way.

Advancing Daggers, which I mentioned before, when taken apart represents one possible way to effectively stop from being pushed off balance while positioning yourself well to deliver a follow-up strike or a number of follow-up strikes, as the situation allows. And to deliver those strikes with proper body mechanics, in such a way which one strike naturally leads to the next, and based upon the opponent's most likely body position.. Much like a boxer trains to do a series of punches based upon his opponent's likely body position and hand position after being struck in the ribs, or head, or guard, etc, and then when really boxing, simply reacts using whatever naturally comes out based upon training.

For something more simple.. one of the first techniques of our system (on the Yellow card) is a downward kick to the knee followed by a swift chop to the throat. Simple, quick, effective.
    ...and you have sucked so much Shou Shu cock that you don't know any other way to live. Like Stockholm Syndrome, you have been abused to the point where you believe the abuse is the equivalent of love.

Let me tell you something, many of us have been there. Personally, I arrived on Bullshido.net with the idea that I was to revolutionise how people viewed fighting and the martial arts. I thought myself to be an awesome fighter, with plenty of knowledge regarding violence, having lived a particularly violent existence. After a while I realised that people here, despite being big meanies, really did have my best interests at heart regarding martial arts. They employed a tough love approach, told me I was an idiot and told me to explore aliveness in martial arts.

I used all the excuses you are using now. I maybe didn't write them all out on here, but for the first couple of months I used them to justify my training methods to myself. Then I thought, **** it, give that BJJ **** a go.

Never looked back.

You have an opportunity here, you can either continue sucking the penis of Shou Shu and keep drinking the thick creamy Kool Aid, or you can take two or three lessons of BJJ and MMA. When you do, you'll realise that swallowing bullshit artist's cum when you could be the one fucking ***** is a much better option.

Unfortunately for you, it appears you have been indoctrinated, institutionalised and appear to crave the approval of your instructor. Despite the evidence mounting against Shou Shu in your own mind, you are so deep you feel you can't get out. Just know that you can. Bullshido will be here when you do, you are not alone. Fly, be free.

Also, you're an idiot.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 8:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You know why?
    Is it the same reason why all of my roaming rape gang stories have people with more melatonin in their skin than me?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 7:55am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Is it the same reason why all of my roaming rape gang stories have people with more melatonin in their skin than me?
    You're getting raped by sleepy guys? You either need to train better... or you don't actually want to win those fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 11:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    You're getting raped by sleepy guys? You either need to train better... or you don't actually want to win those fights.
    LMAO
    Gah I was suppose to say "Melanin" "Melanin" I say.

I guess just thinking about dark skinned people is toooo much for my brain to handle maybe it was just some sort of Freudian slip

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 12:13pm

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Your use of language, ie "I found a studio where I can cross train in BJJ and MMA" Then I thought, **** it, give that BJJ **** a go. Never looked back.

You have an opportunity here, you can either continue sucking the penis of Shou Shu and keep drinking the thick creamy Kool Aid, or you can take two or three lessons of BJJ and MMA. When you do, you'll realise that swallowing bullshit artist's cum when you could be the one fucking ***** is a much better option.
    I went in and trained with the MMA and BBJ people yesterday for the second time, my two favorite quotes from the day:

MMA: "Hey, be careful, you aren't allowed to hit someone on the back of the head, that's too dangerous." BJJ, as I was dominating one of their students: "Hey! Don't put that guy in that position, he might get hurt."

:problem:

I kid, I kid. I had a good time, great group of guys, and tough instructors. As I said a couple weeks ago, cross training for ground is definitely required for Shou Shu, so the BJJ is great. Nothing quite like being folded into a pretzel repeatedly while being put in various head, arm, and leg locks.

With regards to the stand-up MMA, our instructor uses a combination of western boxing and Muay Thai, while I deeply respect both of those traditions and think they can be taken quite far, I still personally prefer the body dynamics of Shou Shu. You don't need Shou Shu to learn how to hit like a mack truck or learn how to feed one attack into the next, but my introduction to the training methods of MMA leave me, again, with a deeper respect for my own art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 12:16pm

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    melatonine
    well it does explain how all the buff black guys are getting knocked out left and right by a single shou shu ninja.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 12:25pm

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My memory about the cops being called was faulty.. but it was a story I heard once 10 years ago. The even itself was still verified by other students who were there at the time. Based upon the neighborhood we were in, this was a very plausible story. Our students were regularly getting their cars broken into during hour long classes... Not to mention the prostitutes strolling up and down Stockton blvd at all hours. Very bad area.

Posted On:
    8/14/2012 12:42pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My memory about the cops being called was faulty.. but it was a story I heard once 10 years ago. The even itself was still verified by other students who were there at the time. Based upon the neighborhood we were in, this was a very plausible story. Our students were regularly getting their cars broken into during hour long classes... Not to mention the prostitutes strolling up and down Stockton blvd at all hours. Very bad area.
    So the teacher went solo even with his students there. What kind of piece of crap let's his teacher deal with this solo? Also you have not addressed the finely tuned fighting ability that stops guys effectively but does not seriously injure them 8 times in a row. Why do you believe this story?