Administrator

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 4:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    Why not go back to your school and challenge one of the middle ranks? Perhaps a blue belt or a green belt... If it's just a bunch of bullshido you should have no problem taking them down.
    This is your second questionable bump. Take the time to read ALL of the rules and make sure you are posting correctly.
  2. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 4:27pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

?

Why would people thumbs down my post without leaving a meaningful response to what I said? Tsk tsk.

:TrollDad:
  3. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 4:37pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Evaluation

Posting a link to my thoughts about Shou Shu in general:(http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=100673&page=2)

And about the claims that any martial artist or street fighter can take on multiple opponents... Its a little silly to say, "You can't take on multiple opponents no matter who you are!"

Most martial arts were designed for fighting potentially hundreds of people on the battlefields of India, China, Korea, Japan, and so forth, using both armed and unarmed combat. On the battlefield, you can't just run away, and you can't take one person to the ground until he taps out. You're stuck there fighting multiple opponents on the foot and on horseback - all of whom are using various types of weapons - until your commanding officer calls off the attack. Military men in China used to advance based upon their capability to survive bloody close-in combat against large armies, which inevitably involved fighting more than one *highly trained* person simultaneously!

:Thoughtful:

Various martial arts systems have trained and still involve training in defending against multiple attackers including but not limited to:

Shou Shu
    Kravmaga
    Judo
    Shaolin Kung Fu
    Kyokushin Karate
    Hsing-I
    Aikido
    Many, many more.

In any case, this link shows some semi-trained individuals taking out multiple opponetns:

(http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=104701&page=3)
    Last edited by Beginners Mind; 7/22/2012 4:48pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 4:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some areas, which you'd know if you read the rules, have specific posting criteria. They were waiting for me, or another mod, to clean up your mess and they were showing their displeasure at the same time.

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 4:53pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beginner,

Those videos seem to demonstrate the importance of learning how to properly fight one person with solid techniques you can practice 100% against a fully resisting opponent.

Good stuff. Makes me want to learn how to box.

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 8:40pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quickly off the bat..

The youtube description for the Aikido "randori" video reads:

aikido randori ryokukai dojo practice uke complying with nage

Whoever said it was 7 vs 1 on the video can't even count. Hell, at the end it looked like that one guy still had some buddies in there.

In the 4 vs 1, that was a grown-up Mike Valley vs some kids who didn't even look determined to fight.

The Boxers vs 4 guys was more of an example of being able to keep your distance from your enemy, and not being able to *finish off* four guys.

Btw, those Shou Shu videos were multiple attacker demos, do you have any undeniable proof of multiple attacker randori?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 8:45pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rickson Gracie actually had the most realistic reply I've read when it came to multiple opponents, "I have a Sig 228."
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 9:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Was that the kid who claimed he could beat off 20 guys at the same time?

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 10:50pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <waiting to see video of a shou shu practitioner sparring against multiple opponents.>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheos View Post
    Glad to be here. I've always been interested in martial arts, so I decided to join. I am a Shou Shu "survivor", I've been reading some threads on it that have confirmed my suspicions that the style is, in fact, complete nonsense. I'm looking now to learn more efficient systems eventually. :)
    Welcome to Bullshido. Any idea what type of art you're interested in pursuing next? Grappling or stand up? Lots more threads on this site that could help you decide. Hit that search bar and go nuts my friend.
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast