Administrator

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    You personally did not make those statements, but others either directly made those statements or implied said meaning.
    Really? Are you sure? Go re-read the thread and I'll point out who really implied that scenario.

Hint: It was you.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does your school not train in technique?
    When I asked you where do you use those reactions, I meant where do YOU use them. Sparring? Do people fold when you hit them like in the demos?

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:34pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :Milk:

(That was a joke)
    No, no. You are the joke.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  4. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, that's called drilling.
    No, you are criticized for not answering the questions and ignoring the answers. You describe drilling then try to say it is sparring.
    There isn't one in this case. You are either drilling or doing unscripted free flow sparring.
    Where do I start with this...

We do pre-scripted techniques which combine a series of movements together to teach the student how to combine multiple attacks, with good body dynamics, in a smooth and flowing manner.

We also do free sparring and individual work on each part of the system (kicks, punches, knees, blocks, etc).

I have been doing my best to simultaneously answer the questions of 10 people for about 9 hours straight. If I missed a few things, I apologize.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really don't understand the difference between drilling, sparring and choreographed fantasy scenarios.

Has the aliveness video been posted yet?

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you start with:
    The opponent is coming in with a double handed push.
    already you've lost me, this smells of scripted attacks so badly even hatsumi would think it too obvious.
    the super combo that follows just seals it really.
    you did not describe proper sparring at any time in this thread. yes technique has its place, the way you theorize makes it plain to see that you only do drills, maybe some improvised drills, but they remain drills.
    any weapon you want with fluidity
    nope, I suck. honestly I spaz because the other person doesn't let me do what I want and if I'm lucky I can put in a technique, but in general my strikes get blocked, my throws are evaded. that's because I'm too busy protecting my head from being taken off. that's what goes on, not super combo of death against 25 assailants keeping their arm out stretched.
  7. Beginners Mind

Posted On:

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Are you sure? Go re-read the thread and I'll point out who really implied that scenario.

When I have the time in the next few days, I will go back and pull out all the quotes where I was being told I shouldn't talk about things that I have not personally been through and how having been through those things made someone else's position on theoretical military situations in Ancient China more valid than my own, which is based purely on scholarly readings on the subject.
  8. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    you start with:

already you've lost me, this smells of scripted attacks so badly even hatsumi would think it too obvious.
    the super combo that follows just seals it really.
    you did not describe proper sparring at any time in this thread. yes technique has its place, the way you theorize makes it plain to see that you only do drills, maybe some improvised drills, but they remain drills.

nope, I suck. honestly I spaz because the other person doesn't let me do what I want and if I'm lucky I can put in a technique, but in general my strikes get blocked, my throws are evaded. that's because I'm too busy protecting my head from being taken off. that's what goes on, not super combo of death against 25 assailants keeping their arm out stretched.
    Again, this is one out of hundreds of techniques which are used as training tools, which was selected to demonstrate a particular point of the art.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not "training technique," but the "techniques" which are taught as part of the training. I am asking a sincere question:

Do other schools not teach "techniques" which involve a series of movements intended to teach you to combine multiple individual strikes into a smooth sequence? I know kenpo does.

Do you not understand why that's irrelevant?

Fake answered you but you're being an ass.

You personally did not make those statements, but others either directly made those statements or implied said meaning.

No, you said that **** and we explained your logical fallacies, over and over...

(chuckles) We can't talk about battlefields unless we have been on battlefields? This creates problems for all types of conversation if taken to it's logical conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    You arrogant little ****, "chuckles"? Really?

It's called a qualified opinion, show some respect, shithead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    (chuckles) You can't talk about battlefields when you refuse to acknowledge the experience and knowledge of those who have been on battlefields. It does create problems for all of your appeal to authority points and forces a logical argument based on evidence, not hearsay and anecdote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Are you trying to say my experience on the battlefield shouldn't be a factor? You brought up a topic I have first hand experience with so wouldn't my insight be of value?

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!