Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    I stated a simple logical fact.
    You can type. There I stated a simple logical fact.

Now, do you need me too explain this to you?

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:42pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bear in mind, we have many, many techniques against various types of attacks. I'm choosing this example because its filled with goodies. This is a crane technique: Advancing daggers:

The opponent is coming in with a double handed push.
    As you bend your knees into a very small horse stance, rooting your weight into the floor, subtly shifting your weight towards the opponent and onto the right foot, and turning your hips all the way to the right, your hands come up through your center-line. Turn the backs of the hands almost towards each other so the wrists are loaded and keep the elbows nearly touching. The arms pop open to a little larger than shoulder distance - elbows at the level of your eyebrow - wrists unloading and snapping outwards and upwards. This opens the opponents arms in front of you. The hips are now loaded to the right and the weight is on the right foot.

Stepping slightly past the opponent at a 45 degree angle utilizing a hard bow stance with the left foot forwards (straight back leg, bent front leg), gravity wants to pull both hands downwards. So, you let gravity, your loaded hip, and your change of stance pull the right hand down to a crane chop on the floating rib. The bone alignment runs from the bones of the right wrist to the heel of the back leg. The left hand falls to the center of your chest and re-loads by twisting to palm upwards position at the level of you collar bones.

The left hand unloads and the left hip unloads, continuing to shift the weight towards the opponent slightly while transitioning to a horse stance. Strike the throat with the left hand chop. Shifting your weight onto the neck of the opponent causes them to bend slightly backwards. The left hand is extended out the side center-line - elbow down - creating bone alignment which runs from the bones in the wrist to the heel of the back leg. The right hand returns and forms a cover-hand momentarily. The right hip is now re-loaded.

The right hand then executes a side fist to the solar plexus, while shifting even further into the opponent and unloading the right hip into another hard bow stance. Keeping the right elbow facing downwards, the bone alignment runs from the knuckles of the right hand to the heel of the back foot. The left hand moves from the throat to the shoulder or shirt of the opponent, grabbing them. Shifting the weight onto the opponents solar plexus - combined with the pain - has a tendency to bring the opponents body into a slightly forward bending position.

From this position, the right knee follows the momentum of the punch and performs a knee lift strike to the groin, the right hand follows the momentum of the knee lift and strikes the jaw of the opponent using a heel palm, and the left hand pulls the opponent towards the kneelift-heelpalm. Jamming the head backwards and to the left (the opponents left), bring your leg around the opponent's right side and kick out whichever leg is available while throwing the opponent down. Bend the supporting leg so you do not fall over.

Bouncing off the motion of throwing him down, come back into a crane stance with the right leg and stomp the forehead, scalping the opponent and ending up in a cross stance. As your stomp the opponents head, punch downwards to your opponents face through your right center-line using the weight of your body to reinforce the blow.

These movements are executed in one smooth and flowing fashion. Once you can do them with the stances, then you are taught to do them with a floating foot. This means that your front foot (the left foot) never touches the ground while you are executing the technique, but you are still "floating through the stances" Horse, hardbow, horse, hardbow.
    Why does this read like a synopsis of a Sherlock Holmes movie fight scene?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind

"giant wall o' kool-aid, fantasy and delusion"
    All i can say is "holy ****!"
  4. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:47pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Why does this read like a synopsis of a Sherlock Holmes movie fight scene?
    Because I took it from the movie to sound more badass!
  5. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have said all I can say for now.
    I'll return when I have the police report (or find out the event didn't happen).

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Examples?
    Show me where I stated you can't talk about battlefield warfare.

Show me where I said Gezere, or only military personnel, are unquestionable authorities.

In turn, I will show you where you committed one of your many logical fallacies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:51pm

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would recognize that quite clearly, as would any other martial artist.
    one would hope so, but alas.
    you know it's real easy right? you provide a video, of yourself or someone else, you can even suck, which you will, doesn't matter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:54pm

Style: Striking, grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let me qualify that, it matters that you suck, but after that wall of text it's pretty much assured that you've never tried to pull off a technique in an alive setting before, so we'll do with whatever you provide.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 7:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Show me where I stated you can't talk about battlefield warfare.

Show me where I said Gezere, or only military personnel, are unquestionable authorities.

In turn, I will show you where you committed one of your many logical fallacies.

I love how you predicted the whole thing...

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 8:07pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This technique takes about 2 seconds to execute. The non-compliant opponent has very little time to react to what is occurring before he finds himself in a blender.
    Average human reaction times are roughly around 0.2s for untrained individuals (here's a quick informal study for you to mill over) and can be as low as 0.1s for trained athletes [such as Tim Montgomery's 0.104s reaction time in his 100m world record in 2002 - Jenkins S (2005), 'Sport Science Handbook: Volume 2: The Essential Guide to Kinesiology, Sport and Excercise Science', Multi-Science Publishing Ltd - page 226].

So, any untrained fool could have reacted ten times over during the course of this liturgical movement, an trained fighter could possibly do so as high as 20 times over. Which you will find out the first time you try it against an actual noncompliant partner.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.