Our Sponsors:

Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 242526273373 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:16pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    And I responded. You are one telephone call away from proving to yourself what I already said was true. What else can I say on this point?

Want me to have them fax a written letter to you stating they can't release police records to people not involved in case?

;)
    The burden of proof is on you! He had the burden of proof on accusing you of lying and he produced California public records law. Maybe the cops aren't cooperating, but the initial burden in on YOU!!!!

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I responded. You are one telephone call away from proving to yourself what I already said was true. What else can I say on this point?

Want me to have them fax a written letter to you stating they can't release police records to people not involved in case?

;)
    Again, i don't need to.
    That's your job.
    The relevant state law indicates you are probably lying.

I was too general. I agree, there are some crappy arts out there. But among the "fast cars" it is indeed the artist and not the art itself.
    In that case, we're simply pointing out that you're driving a '80s Yugo with a bad compression leak.
  3. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I think you're lying.

All agency records not exempted by statutory of case law are available. Certain records or portions of records are subject to privacy laws and/or other exemptions and are rarely ever available for viewing. Common public records requests are for:

Arrest logs
    Calls for service logs
    Statistics
    Crime reports
    Accident reports

It is the responsibility of the law enforcement agencies to allow the public access to certain information obtained during the normal course of daily business.
    Read more at http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...qEPQHIRIWfg.99
    Called them back and mentioned the Public Records Act, suddenly they were very cooperative. I should have the police report in-hand or at least a statement from the records department about the critical details of the incident (Jeff Townsend was involved in an altercation with X number of individuals who were injured on the scene after threatening him in front of Moore's Karate). We shall see two weeks to get a response!
  4. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Again, i don't need to.
    That's your job.
    The relevant state law indicates you are probably lying.

In that case, we're simply pointing out that you're driving a '80s Yugo with a bad compression leak.
    For a group of people who were so adamant when saying, "You need to have experienced something to talk about it!" You're pretty quick to judge a martial art that you have not spent any reasonable amount of time either studying or fighting against.

:disgusted:

And, again, I should have the information about the incident in my hand within two weeks. I am also going to contact the records department in San Fran about the incident that Al Moore Sr. claimed occurred between himself and 12 people.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Called them back and mentioned the Public Records Act, suddenly they were very cooperative. I should have the police report in-hand or at least a statement from the records department about the critical details of the incident (Jeff Townsend was involved in an altercation with X number of individuals who were injured on the scene after threatening him in front of Moore's Karate). We shall see two weeks to get a response!
    Well done. Based on past experience you will disappear before two weeks and never be heard from again. I would be impressed and pleasantly surprised if this proves otherwise.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a group of people who were so adamant when saying, "You need to have experienced something to talk about it!" You're pretty quick to judge a martial art that you have not spent any reasonable amount of time either studying or fighting against.

:disgusted:

Beginners,
    I avoid this by starting from the assumption that an art does not work and the burden to prove effectiveness is on the practitioners. Proof consists of multiple practitioners improving at fighting noticeably under the training regimen. Fighting does not mean full out brawls but controlled sparring/competition against fully resisting opponents.

You should get over your disgust and apply critical reasoning.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have decades of martial arts experience, therefore i can make a reasonable assumption of the shittiness of your style based on the lack of evidence to the contrary.
    Is that definitive?
    No, that's why you were asked to provide evidence, of which you clearly have none.

Otoh, you have ZERO battlefield experience.

There is a huge difference there.

And, again, I should have the information about the incident in my hand within two weeks. I am also going to contact the records department in San Fran about the incident that Al Moore Sr. claimed occurred between himself and 12 people.

We'll see, i'm not holding my breath.
    I have doubts you'll last 2 weeks here, honestly.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're pretty quick to judge a martial art that you have not spent any reasonable amount of time either studying or fighting against.
    Who needs to judge when we have the Search function, hmm?

http://www.bullshido.net/?pageid=sea...+shu&submit=GO
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/23/2012 5:53pm at . Reason: Yep that's 700+ pages of Shou Shu discussion on Bullshido

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:52pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a group of people who were so adamant when saying, "You need to have experienced something to talk about it!"
    Nope. What we're adamant about is proof of claims. When considering the veracity of someone's opinions in a discussion in the absence of such evidence we are more likely to entertain/be convinced by the opinions of someone with relative experience in the topic rather than of the wild conjecture of an internet wannabe.

For example, when discussing something relating to a battlefield, the opinion of a professional soldier with actual battlefield experience will hold more weight (and note I have a habit of understatement) than the musings of weaboo larper postulating on fantasy medieval battlefield 'what if's'.
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 7/23/2012 5:56pm at .
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    5. Learning to strike the opponent while he is in the process of naturally responding to your previous movement or previous attack. (As a small, small example: When you strike an opponent in neck, he naturally leans backwards, so you strike him in the stomach or ribs, which then bends him forwards, etc. We use a lot of this in Shou Shu).
    You use this a lot? Where exactly? How do you use it? In sparring?

This part makes me think you never got near a fight in your life. This is your standard demo crap. You hit him, he bends over to setup your next strike. Its one step away from juggling in Tekken.

Like western fight scenes:

You can see this stuff in the crap demo. See how this guy stays bent over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...OKfxhywI#t=81s