Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 2:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Was that the kid who claimed he could beat off 20 guys at the same time...
    That's ten cocks per hand.

Unless there are foot-jobs included.

Still, pretty fucking small cocks...

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 6:58pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Was that the kid who claimed he could beat off 20 guys at the same time - then told people to come fight his sifu?
    Yes indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 7:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    Yes indeed.
    Oh yeah, he was telling us about how he lived in the ghetto (just a poor boy from a poor family) and got into streetfights with gang members all the time, or whatever.

Someone looked it up (if this was the same guy) and it turned out that the place was more 'Starbucks jungle' than urban jungle...

That was a funny thread.

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 7:14pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those who missed it the first time, here's the original thread and lulz.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94045
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 9:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    from this:

what is it that keeps coming out in the wash? what fundamentals? how long did you train this?

if you tell us what you keep falling back on, it will help determine what you like (or it might simply be what you learned).
    Also, what is available to you in the area?

Don't get into fights, don't be an ass and always be polite.
    I trained for about 6-7 months, but i was there almost every day.

the general idea that i took away from Shou Shu was be quick and sharp with your strikes, and keep your limbs close to better protect your body/face and not give your opponent something to grab onto. i also learned to keep your center of gravity low, so you're harder to knock over.
    we focused a lot on striking areas with high densities of nerves, like the nose, behind the jaw, groin, etc. with the point being to try to cause as much damage and/or pain as possible in a single blow.

it was like min/max-ing, except instead of an RPG or Starcraft, it was real-life.

i've been fortunate enough to be able to talk my way out of every potential violent conflict thus far, but i know there will come a time when **** will get hot.

also, i've done drills and light sparring with friends over the years, and found that i'm a fan of close combat, (elbows, knees, grabs, and throws,) which i think works for me because i'm stocky and my legs don't have any significant range advantage over my arms. would cross-training Judo + Muay Thai be a good idea?

i think we have a Krav Maga school here, along with a Judo and possibly a BJJ school too.
    however, the problem with living in a backwater town like mine, is that it's a breeding ground for McDojo's.

my apologies if i seem ignorant about the subject; i am. i'm trying to fix that though, =D

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 2:00am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always get my Shou Shu / San Shou / San Da confused. But I refuse to waste any brainpower on the issue.

To the question in the OP: To some degree, any training is better than no training at all. But where the problem lies is in the mentality of people thinking "excellent, I learned how to kick someone in the balls. No one can ever **** with me now."
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No.

Next question.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 11:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayneveres View Post
    the general idea that i took away from Shou Shu was be quick and sharp with your strikes, and keep your limbs close to better protect your body/face and not give your opponent something to grab onto. i also learned to keep your center of gravity low, so you're harder to knock over.
    we focused a lot on striking areas with high densities of nerves, like the nose, behind the jaw, groin, etc. with the point being to try to cause as much damage and/or pain as possible in a single blow.

also, i've done drills and light sparring with friends over the years, and found that i'm a fan of close combat, (elbows, knees, grabs, and throws,) which i think works for me because i'm stocky and my legs don't have any significant range advantage over my arms. would cross-training Judo + Muay Thai be a good idea?

i think we have a Krav Maga school here, along with a Judo and possibly a BJJ school too.
    however, the problem with living in a backwater town like mine, is that it's a breeding ground for McDojo's.
    Based on your comments, I think Judo might be a nice art to try.

Do you have a Muay Thai school in the area?

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 6:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Based on your comments, I think Judo might be a nice art to try.

Do you have a Muay Thai school in the area?

no, =/

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 6:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, well you asked if crosstraining judo and muay thai was a good idea, so I presumed you had a school in the area so,...uh.......yeah.

But you have Judo, so give that a try to start with, since you like being close and grabbing and throwing and stuff.
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast