228815 Bullies, 4475 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 141 to 150 of 750
Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 161718192565 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Hanniballistic is offline
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:49pm


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and it bears repeating, the plural of "anecdote" is NOT "evidence"
  2. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,237

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:51pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    It is valid to say that on the battlefield - from any one person's perspective - that the action is always one verses many. If you get your head chopped off by the person standing behind you while you're attacking the person in front of you, your whole army does not feel the effect of the blow. In that circumstance, you are facing an enemy from the front and an enemy from behind simultaneously, and the rest of your comrades effectively having nothing to do with it.
    Using examples that represent a breakdown of martial and battlefield discipline is not a good way to support your argument. As Zero mentioned, if a soldier finds himself with the enemy both in front and behind him, something has gone wrong and he's already well on his way to being royally forked.

    IIF is right, when hard pressed, you construct elaborate scenarios or bring up hearsay to support your position. Neither of these is acceptable as evidence on this website. We require verifiable facts and/or video proof.
    Shut the hell up and train.
  3. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    Precisely, I tell a story and am met with insults. My former instructor told me this story and it was verified by the people who were there. If you feel particularly motivated, you might be able to call the Sacramento police department and get the police report.
    The burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
    Also I been at this a long time and have heard people back up tales before it is not uncommon. The question would be have you seen said master perform any thing close to this feat? Has he been able to demonstrate this in an alive environment even it if it is just sparring?

    I'm not new to marvelous tales and hero worship. One of my Kyokushin teachers was direct student of Mas Oyama and I have met Oyama myself. I heard a lot of tales about Oyama. What it easier to believe some of them is that he would actually do a lot of the things he that was talked about. I saw him fight his high level students and there was verifiable proof of him fighting others. I never saw him fight a bull first hand but I did see video. (and after recently handling a bull myself I think I surpassed him because my bull was bigger :D ) That's more to credibility than just hearing a story and retelling it as fact.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  4. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    They still "held the line" for several days against an army of 1,000,000. Pretty astonishing.
    Why did they do that? If you can answer that then hopefully you will realize how silly you've been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    So, it's pointless to look at the individual aspects of what occurs on a battlefield? Come on, you're just reaching now. It's valid to do this, otherwise the situation would be unintelligible and military strategy would be pointless.
    How many battlefields have you been on?
    Seriously you don't know what you're talking about here.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. Beginners Mind

    Guest

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:01pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Seriously man you back pedal quite a bit. So you are not training for the lowest skill level, that is a good thing because if you were I would further question your reasoning skills.
    As for reacting to attacks form multiple angle simultaneously, did you really think that through? If you are being attacked from multiple angles all at the same time you are not doing to deal with that smoothly. How do you train this? If three guys rush you at the same time what is your course of action to smoothly deal with this?
    Depends on the situation. I posted a video a little while back of a two vs one scenario. I don't want to re-post. But here:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=104701&page=5
  6. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,266

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:04pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, the McDojo kid is now arguing "tah battlefield" with a professional soldier.
  7. Zerstörer90 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonds, WA
    Posts
    257

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:06pm


     Style: BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    Depends on the situation. I posted a video a little while back of a two vs one scenario. I don't want to re-post. But here:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=104701&page=5
    1. Nothing simultaneous about those attacks. That is movie choreography style attacking where the henchmen attack Mr. Bond one by one and are judo chopped to the ground.

    2. Nothing about that video suggested anything about effectiveness in terms of real attacks from an attacker fully committed to hurting you in an unscripted and tactical way.

    3. Explaining the theoretical elements of movement in this particular multiple attacker scenario is pointless, because of a caveat you introduced:

    If you get your head chopped off by the person standing behind you while you're attacking the person in front of you, your whole army does not feel the effect of the blow.
    Your video did not address this caveat. Even in an unarmed sense. This is the first thing multiple attackers will do if they are planning to take you out. They will angle out and try to get behind you, where you can't see them. It's the most basic strategy in nature. Wolves use it, apes use it, humans most certainly use it.
  8. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:07pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    Depends on the situation. I posted a video a little while back of a two vs one scenario. I don't want to re-post. But here:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=104701&page=5
    Watched the video and it sounds good in theory but the problem is that while you're moving so are they. So how do you drill this in a realistic manner? Also who is everyone cheering for demoing on a non resistant person. They are acting like he just did a great feat.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  9. Beginners Mind

    Guest

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:09pm


     

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Why did they do that? If you can answer that then hopefully you will realize how silly you've been.


    How many battlefields have you been on?
    Seriously you don't know what you're talking about here.
    (chuckles) We can't talk about battlefields unless we have been on battlefields? This creates problems for all types of conversation if taken to it's logical conclusion.
  10. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,266

    Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:12pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    (chuckles) We can't talk about battlefields unless we have been on battlefields? This creates problems for all types of conversation if taken to it's logical conclusion.
    You arrogant little ****, "chuckles"? Really?

    It's called a qualified opinion, show some respect, shithead.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.