Oh and it bears repeating, the plural of "anecdote" is NOT "evidence"

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:51pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    It is valid to say that on the battlefield - from any one person's perspective - that the action is always one verses many. If you get your head chopped off by the person standing behind you while you're attacking the person in front of you, your whole army does not feel the effect of the blow. In that circumstance, you are facing an enemy from the front and an enemy from behind simultaneously, and the rest of your comrades effectively having nothing to do with it.
    Using examples that represent a breakdown of martial and battlefield discipline is not a good way to support your argument. As Zero mentioned, if a soldier finds himself with the enemy both in front and behind him, something has gone wrong and he's already well on his way to being royally forked.

IIF is right, when hard pressed, you construct elaborate scenarios or bring up hearsay to support your position. Neither of these is acceptable as evidence on this website. We require verifiable facts and/or video proof.
    Shut the hell up and train.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Precisely, I tell a story and am met with insults. My former instructor told me this story and it was verified by the people who were there. If you feel particularly motivated, you might be able to call the Sacramento police department and get the police report.
    The burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
    Also I been at this a long time and have heard people back up tales before it is not uncommon. The question would be have you seen said master perform any thing close to this feat? Has he been able to demonstrate this in an alive environment even it if it is just sparring?

I'm not new to marvelous tales and hero worship. One of my Kyokushin teachers was direct student of Mas Oyama and I have met Oyama myself. I heard a lot of tales about Oyama. What it easier to believe some of them is that he would actually do a lot of the things he that was talked about. I saw him fight his high level students and there was verifiable proof of him fighting others. I never saw him fight a bull first hand but I did see video. (and after recently handling a bull myself I think I surpassed him because my bull was bigger :D ) That's more to credibility than just hearing a story and retelling it as fact.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:56pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They still "held the line" for several days against an army of 1,000,000. Pretty astonishing.
    Why did they do that? If you can answer that then hopefully you will realize how silly you've been.

So, it's pointless to look at the individual aspects of what occurs on a battlefield? Come on, you're just reaching now. It's valid to do this, otherwise the situation would be unintelligible and military strategy would be pointless.
    How many battlefields have you been on?
    Seriously you don't know what you're talking about here.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Seriously man you back pedal quite a bit. So you are not training for the lowest skill level, that is a good thing because if you were I would further question your reasoning skills.
    As for reacting to attacks form multiple angle simultaneously, did you really think that through? If you are being attacked from multiple angles all at the same time you are not doing to deal with that smoothly. How do you train this? If three guys rush you at the same time what is your course of action to smoothly deal with this?
    Depends on the situation. I posted a video a little while back of a two vs one scenario. I don't want to re-post. But here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=104701&page=5

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, the McDojo kid is now arguing "tah battlefield" with a professional soldier.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:06pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on the situation. I posted a video a little while back of a two vs one scenario. I don't want to re-post. But here:

1. Nothing simultaneous about those attacks. That is movie choreography style attacking where the henchmen attack Mr. Bond one by one and are judo chopped to the ground.

2. Nothing about that video suggested anything about effectiveness in terms of real attacks from an attacker fully committed to hurting you in an unscripted and tactical way.

3. Explaining the theoretical elements of movement in this particular multiple attacker scenario is pointless, because of a caveat you introduced:

If you get your head chopped off by the person standing behind you while you're attacking the person in front of you, your whole army does not feel the effect of the blow.
    Your video did not address this caveat. Even in an unarmed sense. This is the first thing multiple attackers will do if they are planning to take you out. They will angle out and try to get behind you, where you can't see them. It's the most basic strategy in nature. Wolves use it, apes use it, humans most certainly use it.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Watched the video and it sounds good in theory but the problem is that while you're moving so are they. So how do you drill this in a realistic manner? Also who is everyone cheering for demoing on a non resistant person. They are acting like he just did a great feat.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh
  9. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:09pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Why did they do that? If you can answer that then hopefully you will realize how silly you've been.

How many battlefields have you been on?
    Seriously you don't know what you're talking about here.
    (chuckles) We can't talk about battlefields unless we have been on battlefields? This creates problems for all types of conversation if taken to it's logical conclusion.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 2:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (chuckles) We can't talk about battlefields unless we have been on battlefields? This creates problems for all types of conversation if taken to it's logical conclusion.
    You arrogant little ****, "chuckles"? Really?

It's called a qualified opinion, show some respect, shithead.