Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 151617182464 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:37pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners Mind View Post
    It is valid to say that on the battlefield - from any one person's perspective - that the action is always one verses many. If you get your head chopped off by the person standing behind you while you're attacking the person in front of you, your whole army does not feel the effect of the blow. In that circumstance, you are facing an enemy from the front and an enemy from behind simultaneously, and the rest of your comrades effectively having nothing to do with it.
    Actually, oftentimes in a melee battle confrontation, the entire army would feel the blow of this because of shield lines. If one soldier is surrounded, then either that soldier did something very stupid, or the enemy has broken the line and is behind you. Armies fight as larger units to be able to avoid stupid scenarios like the one you just brought up.

Your post shows a lack of knowledge of basic military tactics (while behind the guise of appeal to authority) as well as completely solidifies Gezere's point about this whole ancient battles thing being a red herring.
  2. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Gezere and I have duly noted the reference in your post. Personally, you went from a "beginner" to an asshole. Thanks for reinforcing my point, while trying to run away from it.
    I'm not sure which reference you are referring to. I'm simply responding to what you said... Not trying to harsh or confrontational. Matter of fact, I haven't said a mean, nasty, or hurtful thing to anyone here, but have been met with lots of insults.

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure which reference you are referring to. I'm simply responding to what you said... Not trying to harsh or confrontational. Matter of fact, I haven't said a mean, nasty, or hurtful thing to anyone here, but have been met with lots of insults.
    I caught it too, you're an asshole all right.
  4. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Oh, well since you put it that way.....
    *cough* bullshit *cough*
    Precisely, I tell a story and am met with insults. My former instructor told me this story and it was verified by the people who were there. If you feel particularly motivated, you might be able to call the Sacramento police department and get the police report.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have isolated one aspect of what is happening for the sake of discussion. I'm not saying that in real battle the most skilled person just Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon's everyone. That is ridiculous.
    You can't isolate one aspect on the battlefield. There are too many factors at play. I stated this on another thread about modern warfare and close quarters combat that is apt here, very highly skilled people have been killed by people with far less skill mainly through being out numbered. Remember the Spartans lost the Battle of Thermopylae despite arguably being the better trained warriors.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  6. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:46pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Actually, oftentimes in a melee battle confrontation, the entire army would feel the blow of this because of shield lines. If one soldier is surrounded, then either that soldier did something very stupid, or the enemy has broken the line and is behind you. Armies fight as larger units to be able to avoid stupid scenarios like the one you just brought up.

Your post shows a lack of knowledge of basic military tactics (while behind the guise of appeal to authority) as well as completely solidifies Gezere's point about this whole ancient battles thing being a red herring.
    You need to go back and study military strategy. Many, many different scenarios arise on the battlefield regardless of your intention to hold the line.
  7. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    You can't isolate one aspect on the battlefield. There are too many factors at play. I stated this on another thread about modern warfare and close quarters combat that is apt here, very highly skilled people have been killed by people with far less skill mainly through being out numbered. Remember the Spartans lost the Battle of Thermopylae despite arguably being the better trained warriors.
    They still "held the line" for several days against an army of 1,000,000. Pretty astonishing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:48pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Precisely, I tell a story and am met with insults. My former instructor told me this story and it was verified by the people who were there. If you feel particularly motivated, you might be able to call the Sacramento police department and get the police report.
    lololol You are the one who provides the outrageous claim, and WE have to do the footwork to get the proof?

Seems legit...

You need to go back and study military strategy. Many, many different scenarios arise on the battlefield regardless of your intention to hold the line.
    ALL of those things that happen after the line has been broken are bad. All of them. Preparing for that contingency is illogical. You should set your strategy to win, not count on your lines failing you. If the lines break, then the battle is as good as lost. Save a few exceptional cases throughout history.

Don't tell me to go back and study strategy when you are already preparing for contingencies where defeat is inevitable.

They still "held the line" for several days against an army of 1,000,000. Pretty astonishing.
    Yea, its unbelievable. Because it didn't happen that way. There were maybe hundreds of thousands of persian SLAVES versus a few hundred spartans and tens of thousands of greeks from other city states.

You live in a fantasy world, thus the definition of delusion.
    Last edited by Zerstörer90; 7/23/2012 1:53pm at .

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:48pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Joseph Smith found golden plates and magic spectacles - he too had 11 people who saw it so there...

This is just another menaingless anecdote that is not backed up by ANY supporting evidence, nor is there anything out there that suggest it is anything other than a shaggy dog story (aka "complete bollocks")

Everything you say is flawed logically, and it is the same tired nonsense from every troll, LARPer, douchenozzle and general dickhead that thinks they know what violence actually entails and involves

The arrogance of your tone cannot hide the fact that your content shows you are inexperienced and clueless
  10. Beginners Mind

Posted On:
    7/23/2012 1:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    You can't isolate one aspect on the battlefield.
    So, it's pointless to look at the individual aspects of what occurs on a battlefield? Come on, you're just reaching now. It's valid to do this, otherwise the situation would be unintelligible and military strategy would be pointless.