Posted On:
    3/12/2004 10:56am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mc3rd Dan Article

Featured TaeKwonDo Student

Robbie Lundin

In this age of doing more for our kids than we had done, many small but important lessons are sometimes missed. I would like to talk about one of those life lessons, Perseverance. How many times as a parent have you heard the words, “I don't want to do it anymore” from your children? Mr. Robbie Lundin stands among one of these. However, he never took that final step on quitting. This is his story.
    Mr. Robbie Lundin is 13 years old. He started TaeKwonDo in November 1996 just 6 years old. Robbie is one of the distinguished few who have never received a rank no-change. So, where does the lesson of perseverance come in you ask? Robbie has earned his Probationary 3rd degree black belt in TaeKwonDo after having to wait at Sr. 2nd Degree Black for 4 years! The ITA curriculum is set up so that you cannot reach master levels until you have also reached the maturity to handle those responsibilities. Age 13 is the requirement for a probationary 3rd testing. Instructors who have influenced him in his life are: Grand Master Bert Kollars, Master Gary Nistler, Mr. Kevin Hall, Mr. Nathan Kirkegaard, and Ms. Misty Chandler.
    The instructor who has helped him the most? Mr. Nathan Kirkegaard. “He shows me the best way to act. He teaches me all of what he knows. He helps me to see all the good things in every situation. He is a laid back guy who understands me and most of how I think.”
    Think of where he would be today if he had not taken the wait. Many have also come to these crossroads and instead of sticking it out simply say, “I'll do something else, and come back when I can test again.” I would like to Congratulate Mr. Robbie Lundin for making this commitment to himself.

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh dear

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i feel a powerbomb coming on

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's so terrible it makes me laugh.
    I think they should give and BB's to kids under 18. That kid actually was a 10 year old 2nd dan. Sad. He would get smacked around the dojo by an older white belt. Even in TKD.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, and what about the whole issue of respecting higher ranks, give me a fucking break.

i'd be like oh you want me to bow, no bitch, now go get me a coke before i throw you out the window. and stop crying before i give you something to cry about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:18am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing wrong with respecting higher ranks I think. As long as they're REAL higher ranks and are higher ranks FOR A REASON. But in that case they would more likely throw you out the window if you say that to good BB.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:18am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dammit, just what we fucking need, another damn prepubescent taekwondo master.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osu
    Nothing wrong with respecting higher ranks I think. As long as they're REAL higher ranks and are higher ranks FOR A REASON. But in that case they would more likely throw you out the window if you say that to good BB.

stay within the context of my fantasy please...

and ain't nobody throwin my ass anywhere...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am so fucking sick of this Bullshit.

I don't mind Jr. dans. I have seen plenty of kids who are too good to be with other kids, yet aren't ready to be treated like adults BB, but this is just fucking stupid.

Last edited by m4949; 3/12/2004 12:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 12:22pm

Style: Uechi-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everytime I read something like this, an image comes to mind of thousands of true MA "masters" of the past groaning and rolling over in their graves.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast