Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2011 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hard to believe the truth about his lying ways never made it's way to the voting public.

Is he still with Adam Hull and company?

Some of you Stillwater guys need to comment on the article.

http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x4...r-City-Council
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 3/03/2011 12:38am at .

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    3/03/2011 11:47pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To quote Frank Herbert:
    "Power does not corrupt; power attracts the corrupted."
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 9:38pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, want to have a little fun?

They're talking about us over on the Stillwater Online Forum.

Specifically the Coda chronicles.

Some people seem to be concerned by what this says about Cody's character, others see this all as cheap mud slinging indicative of nothing as it's all just written by some hack trying to fill up white space- guess that hack would be me ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by oldpokesfan
    Cry me a river there kung fu. This "investigation" was not conducted by anyone with any legal authority and must be relegated to a personal vendetta. There are no legal or civil charges of any kind and the "investigator" is a low level hack who is hurting for subject matter to fill white space. Crawl back under your rock and quit trying to insinuate your unwanted destructive philosophies on others. Most of us are sick and tired of this type of __it.
    There you have it, I am low level- need more exp!- and had no legal authority. Also, this was a personal vendetta.

Quote Originally Posted by cityemp
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedstudent
    So i guess it is better for us to not question anything that was not brought up as it is clearly not relevant to our city. I highly doubt any of you have even read through the whole investigation and are instead making blind statements about someone that you apparently know little about. Furthermore, how can we expect to heal if we have someone who lied to people to make money based on what he presented himself as.

Cody, if and when you have some time it would be much appreciated if your could respond to the previous questions.
    Your user name says that you are "concernedstudent", but your comments do not sound like a student at all. Your wording ages you greatly, pointing to the age range of 40+. Students today don't use "furthermore" or "blind statements" and most would be lost at the meaning of the "blind statements".

Your comments are not looking out for our city, but sound like it is a very personal issue to you. While you try to stir the muck, hoping that this catches fire, let me remind you what the last muck stirring caused. It caused our city to be plastered unfavorably, across the TV screens and newspapers, it cost some people their jobs, who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, you know the collateral damage, one of which is awaiting trial as I write this. There is the cost to have the Mayor placed on trial, for the most idiotic charges that I have ever heard of, only to have the judge dismiss it, because is lacked merit. There is the money that it cost the City of Stillwater, the cost to the taxpayer to have a recall election, and it caused great divides between people and businesses in our city. This is too huge a price to pay to stir a little muck, and the muck you are trying to stir is too small and too late in the ballgame.
    Sooooo, I have another 12 years to go before I understand the word "furthermore"?

I think someone here is projecting his/her own insecurities about their SAT verbal score, if you know what I mean...

For the record, I am not concernedstudent and I have not joined the Stillwater Online Forum.

Does anyone else find this "let's leave well enough alone" attitude really, really sad?

"No, no, no, this is Thanksgiving! Stop talking about how your daddy beats me! YOU ARE RUINING THIS FAMILY WITH YOUR SNITCHING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy
    LOl at martial arts schools being nothing more than a form of exercise. These martial artist whose panties are in a wad are upset that coda "cody scott " was promoting his karate classes.

Well guess what mr martial arteest it s all a scam. Just like there good mechanics, builders, attorneys, there are also bad ones. Some of the most advertised products or services are just buyer beware,

Let s give cody a chance because no matter what he can never be as evil as devious darrell.
    I'm not even entirely sure what to make of this other than that it says nothing good about the person who wrote it.

"People lie all the time, might as well just accept it and deal with the known liars anyways"?

So, you can acknowledge that he was a lying, self aggrandizing, shameless, weasel about his martial arts credentials without thinking that says something about his character, the character of the man you just helped put in office?

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpokesfan
    cs, the simple answer to your question absolutely none. That mag is a poorly managed with a very limited readership and carries zero credibility with anyone except those who subscribe to its content. The fact that such an insignificant issue is considered newsworthy speaks to the absence of journalistic relevance of the magazine.

We didn't hire an exercise instructor who may have embellished his credentials, we elected a city councilor. He should, and will be judged by his performance on the public stage not by the ramblings in an MMA rag or someone like you who obviously has an axe to grind.
    Hahaha, we're a rag!

Quote Originally Posted by coondog
    Grow up guys the allegations are like hair dressers arguing over what school is best. The accusations are cheap shots. Who gives a rats rear whether one school of Karate throws a chop with the right hand or left foot. There will be variations between schools and competition between schools...and jealousy. Cody teaches self defense at the Salvation Army and I suspect the art is good for building self esteem in young people and more importantly self control...something the backbiting pieces of fecal stain on the under shorts are a little short of .
    Again with the people not getting it.

He's a lying liar who lied to put himself in a position of authority he did not earn, and in the process endangered the people who called his students.

Maybe he has changed, but I rather doubt he's changed enough that he has the sort of character any one wants in a politician.... though I suppose it is the sort of character everyone expects....

I could go on, but I think it'd be more fun if you guys do it for me.

Suffice it to say, it just keeps going like that, for better or worse.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had left a comment the night of the election on

http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x4...r-City-Council

The comment said basically that had they Googled Coda instead of Cody, they would have had an idea of who they were voting for. Don't see the comment showing up anywhere.

The Stillwater Mayor sounds like a true bureaucrat.

StillwaterTownie has his/her head up their ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 3:35pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well guys, look at it this way, now we have something to complain about for at least the next 2 years....

Good then, now I have another reason to visit this board more often...

Hey Mr. Scott, how's then knife scars doing?

Seriously, we have a new (old) BITCH!!!!!

Posted On:
    3/23/2011 1:50am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    That thread is quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever read (not in terms of reported events, obviously). From the individual who seems to be certain that a web forum is a magazine and the person with the odd conception of English vocabulary, to the apparent majority who are just fine with corruption (so long it isn't the “GOB” boogeyman), that discussion counters every hope I have for humanity.

Perhaps some of Coda's exploits in office will require us to add to his article.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12