Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21
    MMAMickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,742
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP REALLY should have stayed in newbietown for this one..

    You want to learn how to hit hard? Stop fapping in front of your computer and go to a boxing gym.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:


  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    266
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Step 1: Get a WII
    Step 2: POWER PUNCH!
    Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  14.3 KB

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    22
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must think of your arm as a whip, kind of like a bullwhip. You must use the vertical push from your rear leg to start the acceleration of the whip(your arm). Never stop the acceleration of energy throughout the whip, for it won't crack if you do that. Also you must practice doing it to fully understand it. This is for the standard karate punch and can be applied to other strikes with enough practice for amazing results.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Berkeley California
    Posts
    15
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HARDERISAY View Post
    You must think of your arm as a whip, kind of like a bullwhip. You must use the vertical push from your rear leg to start the acceleration of the whip(your arm). Never stop the acceleration of energy throughout the whip, for it won't crack if you do that. Also you must practice doing it to fully understand it. This is for the standard karate punch and can be applied to other strikes with enough practice for amazing results.
    You have the last third or half but the first, most important, third/half is missing.:Baww:

  5. #25
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know nothing, but you know he is wrong?

    GTFO.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England, South East
    Posts
    2
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    i'll assume you're punching as fast as possible
    the way to increase power is to increase the mass behind the punch, by rotating the shoulders and hips, and driving with the legs
    simple

  7. #27
    In the blackest moment of a dying world, what have you become? supporting member
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateka100 View Post

    i'll assume you're punching as fast as possible
    the way to increase power is to increase the mass behind the punch, by rotating the shoulders and hips, and driving with the legs
    simple
    That is not the formula for power.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England, South East
    Posts
    2
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry if i wasn't being very clear there
    i was referring to kinetic energy, which refers to the force behind the strike

  9. #29
    In the blackest moment of a dying world, what have you become? supporting member
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateka100 View Post
    sorry if i wasn't being very clear there
    i was referring to kinetic energy, which refers to the force behind the strike
    It's not that you're not being clear, you're using incorrect terminology to express an otherwise sound idea.

    Kinetic energy is not the force behind the strike. Kinetic energy is measured in joules, force is measured in newtons.

    The force behind the strike would be the product of mass and acceleration. The kinetic energy is one half the product of mass and the square of velocity.

    There is a very specific mass->acceleration->force->distance->work->time->power sequence going on when punching, for sure.

    Yes, I am a big dumb smartypants.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/12/2011 9:03am at . Reason: how could I forget time...

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO