225194 Bullies, 3954 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 29 of 29
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MMAMickey is offline
    MMAMickey's Avatar

    POWERRR!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,743

    Posted On:
    3/08/2011 4:56am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP REALLY should have stayed in newbietown for this one..

    You want to learn how to hit hard? Stop fapping in front of your computer and go to a boxing gym.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

  2. Like_A_Boss is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    266

    Posted On:
    3/08/2011 6:22am


     Style: MMA / MT / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Step 1: Get a WII
    Step 2: POWER PUNCH!
    Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  14.3 KB
  3. HARDERISAY is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    22

    Posted On:
    3/21/2011 11:47pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must think of your arm as a whip, kind of like a bullwhip. You must use the vertical push from your rear leg to start the acceleration of the whip(your arm). Never stop the acceleration of energy throughout the whip, for it won't crack if you do that. Also you must practice doing it to fully understand it. This is for the standard karate punch and can be applied to other strikes with enough practice for amazing results.
  4. cejames is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Berkeley California
    Posts
    15

    Posted On:
    3/22/2011 11:13am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshin Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HARDERISAY View Post
    You must think of your arm as a whip, kind of like a bullwhip. You must use the vertical push from your rear leg to start the acceleration of the whip(your arm). Never stop the acceleration of energy throughout the whip, for it won't crack if you do that. Also you must practice doing it to fully understand it. This is for the standard karate punch and can be applied to other strikes with enough practice for amazing results.
    You have the last third or half but the first, most important, third/half is missing.:Baww:
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,976

    Posted On:
    3/22/2011 11:31am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know nothing, but you know he is wrong?

    GTFO.
  6. karateka100 is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England, South East
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    4/11/2011 4:19pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shotokan karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    i'll assume you're punching as fast as possible
    the way to increase power is to increase the mass behind the punch, by rotating the shoulders and hips, and driving with the legs
    simple
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,167

    Posted On:
    4/11/2011 4:50pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateka100 View Post

    i'll assume you're punching as fast as possible
    the way to increase power is to increase the mass behind the punch, by rotating the shoulders and hips, and driving with the legs
    simple
    That is not the formula for power.
  8. karateka100 is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England, South East
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    4/12/2011 8:10am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shotokan karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry if i wasn't being very clear there
    i was referring to kinetic energy, which refers to the force behind the strike
  9. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,167

    Posted On:
    4/12/2011 8:40am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateka100 View Post
    sorry if i wasn't being very clear there
    i was referring to kinetic energy, which refers to the force behind the strike
    It's not that you're not being clear, you're using incorrect terminology to express an otherwise sound idea.

    Kinetic energy is not the force behind the strike. Kinetic energy is measured in joules, force is measured in newtons.

    The force behind the strike would be the product of mass and acceleration. The kinetic energy is one half the product of mass and the square of velocity.

    There is a very specific mass->acceleration->force->distance->work->time->power sequence going on when punching, for sure.

    Yes, I am a big dumb smartypants.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/12/2011 9:03am at . Reason: how could I forget time...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.