Page 3 of 3 First 123
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6 View Post
    I carry this on my weak side because I can open it left handed. It's been very reliable opening not so much closing. which is why I only use it in an emergency.

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/st...ml?s=SWOTF2DBS
    Weak side carry is another valid argument for an auto knife. Didn't think about that. I can open my folders with my left hand, but it's definitely not quick or easy. When I'm carrying a pistol on my right side, it's hard to get to a knife in my right pocket and having a knife handy on the weak side is good for weapon retention anyway.

Also the point Aaron Fields made about bulky gloves is a good one.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've owned that auto Benchmade, a SOG and a few others and still own a few Kershaw/Ken Onion assisted folders.

Only thing i'd add is the assisted knives i have tend to pop open unintentionally much easier and are less sturdy than the autos i've owned.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like autos. Very fun. I never buy or carry them anymore though. The ones I actually like are all too expensive for my taste since I tend to be pretty rough on my blades. So I stick to Leatherman Blades or tip up small EDC knives.

Page 3 of 3 First 123