Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:06pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Like you said, it looks like Kyokushin. Kyokushin done by Krav Maga folks is still Kyokushin.
    Mauy Thai and American Kickboxing are recognized as two different arts. Yet they both use similar techniques and rules. Does this invalidate either art?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Itay Gil's group is VERY good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U6Sm...eature=related

Amir Perets is good to but unfortunately I thin he unwittingly help contribute to the crappiness of KM in the US. He's probably one of the reasons a lot of KM is just cardio kickboxing because he really believes in being fit to fight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0iC1HgHJw

I like the stuff in the first video. It's the first time I've ever seen Krav Maga trained that way. Not impressed with the second video.

Back to the first guy - poked around his youtube videos. It looks like he does a lot of good training. But there's also no doubt he's contributed to KM crappiness as well. He also demonstrates a lot of the dead Uke stuff.

Now, I'm sure it's not all his fault. Probably all the pussies that are too nutless to do real training like in the first video latch on to the demo stuff and that becomes 90% of what they do. Unfortunately from what I've seen, training like in the first video is the exception, not the rule.

Thanks for the vid. It was good to see. And I stand by my assertion that Krav Maga is ****.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    That's great, but this has nothing to do with Krav Maga. The guy also has been training MMA for a long time. I know a ninjer that competes in MMA too. He's also a BJJ purple and trains MMA. That doesn't validate ninjutsu.

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Here is a decent Kapap video. Shows some sparring and drilling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRm-W...eature=related
    What you've got is bullshit mixed with good training. What's obvious in the video is that the better the training is that they're doing, the less it looks like the **** they're teaching.

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    That looked like crappling combined with the common sense of 'get the **** away from the man with the knife and shoot him.

Then again a soldier with a side arm attacked by a guy with a knife is basically going to try and crapple his way to a safe distance and shoot the guy, so I don't know what else I was expecting really.

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mauy Thai and American Kickboxing are recognized as two different arts. Yet they both use similar techniques and rules. Does this invalidate either art?
    Of course not. But if you spend half your training time doing full contact fighting and half doing Dillmanesque bullshit, the bullshit half doesn't cease to be bullshit. It just means you cut your good training time in half.

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:32pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course not. But if you spend half your training time doing full contact fighting and half doing Dillmanesque bullshit, the bullshit half doesn't cease to be bullshit. It just means you cut your good training time in half.
    I would have to agree with that. What in your experience with Krav Maga would you describe as Dillmanesque?

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have to agree with that. What in your experience with Krav Maga would you describe as Dillmanesque?
    Bad guy attacks with one technique, then turns into a dead fish while good guy unleashes a torrent of baddassery. No different than Dillman. No different than Hatsumi.

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, the answer to your question, Sirc, is no. We can't all come to an agreement.

Hummus anyone?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately from what I've seen, training like in the first video is the exception, not the rule.
    Its the rule for the professionals taught by professionals. The excepting is the civilians make believing they are the professionals. If you look up any IDF Krav training you will see some hard training. You look up ATA Krav training.......
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast