Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 12:10am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    I did many different pushups when I was with 1stMarDiv, I esp enjoyed where four guys get down in pushup position with their feet/boots on each others' backs forming a square. Those are just great!
    Okay, that one would be harder to do! Sometimes our Shihan will walk on us while we're doing 'em. Heh. I'm going to go ahead and not mention the 4 man push up in class on Tuesday...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 10:38pm

Style: Wrestling and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am coming into this thread late but if you want to see real Krav Maga you will have to travel to Israel and join the IDF, it wont be found on the internet. Its more of a mentality than a series of deadly techniques. I took a Krav Maga class in Georgia and felt it was pretty lame and completely wrote off Krav Maga

Fast forward 18months later, I am deployed to Iraq and one of my neighbors mailed me a book called Brotherhood of Warriors. It is an autobiography of a Jewish American that used his Israeli birthright and joined the IDF straight out of High School. He didnt just walk into it, he had to do the formal application, live on a communal farm and actually learn Hebrew

Anyways he ended up going to one of the counter terrorism units and he said of all of the training, the Krav Maga was the most demanding and most feared and caused the most injury. It wasnt just two hours a day, everything they did involved adding Krav Maga. He spent a great deal of time talking about it and the book is worth a read. It will tell you far more than a few internet video clips can

He also talked about how the Krav maga saved his life while working as a counter terrorist not in a cage environment
    Last edited by kazimer; 3/06/2011 10:44pm at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have to go to Israel or join the IDF to find da real Krav Maga. You just have to apply common sense and know where to look. Like I said earlier I've already found da R34! and was due to finding training for professionals by professionals as opposed to a strip mall taught by a former TKD instructor looking to cash in on the hype.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 12:16am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you asshole still on this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 4:29am

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well my instructor is an israeli and former IDF. Plus the school does have a training week in Israel every year so I guess 'I found da R34!' ?

Oh and the more KM threads the better :problem:

(Btw I fucking love the new emoticons!)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/07/2011 11:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, it seems to be the general consensus that only teh R34L Joos can teach teh R34L Krav.

Ta'ase li tova!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2011 11:23am

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not jews, israeli's. Actually having learned KM in the IDF gives more credibility.

Makes sense so why the butthurt?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2011 11:47am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, you can only learn the r34l judo from a Japanese shihan and the r34l BJJ from a Brazilian black belt too

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/08/2011 2:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Not jews, israeli's. Actually having learned KM in the IDF gives more credibility.

Makes sense so why the butthurt?
    You say towmayto. I say towmahto. Who's butthurt?

Posted On:
    3/08/2011 2:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Well my instructor is an israeli and former IDF. Plus the school does have a training week in Israel every year so I guess 'I found da R34!' ?

Oh and the more KM threads the better :problem:

(Btw I fucking love the new emoticons!)
    Military martial arts programs are always overrated and overhyped.

"Come learn to fight like a Navy SeAL!!!!"

"Come learn to fight like an IDF Commando!!!"

Pfft. As a military veteran and a martial artist, I have argued time and time again - the best martial artists and the best unarmed fighters are almost always civilians. The reasons are simple. Unarmed fighting can only be a small part of military training. Civilians have more time to train and access to better quality instruction.

The argument that Israelis have teh r34L Krav is fucking retarded. I can't believe anyone would take that notion seriously. "But, but, but, he's ISRAELI for fucks sake! He must be a badass!!!111" This is actually my first experience talking to Israeli nuthuggers.
    Last edited by Devil; 3/08/2011 2:20pm at .
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast