Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/28/2011 9:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My name is Rob Wynne and I used to run a school called Gladiator MMA for over 10 years in Kingston Ontario. I'm going to apologize in advance for the rant I'm about to give. I hate martial arts politics; hence the reason I've never cared about the belt/grading system. I've produced many MMA local champions in Montreal and all over Canada such as Cory MacDonald, Scott Arnold, Greg Compton, Glen Murdoch, and myself as well as numerous actual professional MMA fighters.

I'm currently teaching MMA at Martial Arts Planet and although I don't have the greatest respect for the former owner, the current owner Chris, is a legit purple belt (I think he should be brown) and a great person to boot. You can actually trace Chris' lineage and talk to those involved to confirm.

As for the idiot that runs Martial arts Axis, he's a fraud and a scam artist. He came to train with me for a couple of months when he first came in to town and was getting his ass handed to him constantly by pretty much everyone. We all laughed at his supposed credentials. Below is a message I left on his crappy little website where he claims the local MMA scene is full of failures.

"Just how many MMA Champions have YOU produced Daryl? Huh? Zero! You're a salesman and a scam artist and you have the balls to attempt to call out other legitimate schools in the area?!?! Please. When you were training with me for the few months you did, you were constantly getting your ass kicked by pretty much everyone in the gym and they were laughing at your supposed credentials. As for the "george" in your examples; if it's the same guy I'm thinking of he's an idiot and a joke as well. He was always more interested in walking around Kingston claiming to be a "fighter" and pretending he was getting ready for a fight than doing any actual training. He, like you, is a poser.

I have no need to visit your school and neither does anyone else in the area. You're a con artist and a fraud and word is slowly getting out."

Posted On:
    7/28/2011 9:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sciencerules View Post

Then like a week later my friend who was training there was really badly injured when the head instructor at martial arts planet threw him and dislocated his shoulder. He was doing a movie for school there too and at one time had their permission to film but then just before he finished it, they sent him threatening emails and threatened him with legal action if he used the footage... for his school project.. Wtf?
    Your "friend" is a douche who ASKED to spar and roll full contact so he could feel what is was like to go with pro fighters. He and his Chuck Norris looking "trainer" are complete idiots and tools and we were killing ourselves laughing. Some guys were even filming the sparring because they couldn't believe two bigger douchebags ever existed.

Again, your friend ASKED to spar even when he was told over and over again to start slowly and try training for a while first. He got what he asked for, he should be man enough to accept the consequences of his decisions, instead of being a little boy and crying about it. Pathetic children.

Posted On:
    2/16/2013 11:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I see alot of people have weighed in on this subject. So I am going to open up about it too. Like Rob I am also going to apologize for the rant.

Here it goes Mike and his wife who used to own martial arts planet are awesome instructors. Both where very skilled at teaching and it shows in the students they produce. The change of hands over to Chris I would have to say best thing ever. He has taken the club to the next level. I can say this because I have trained with all three of these people. They all took their time to make me feel very welcome to the club I trained alot of one on one with both Mike and Chris. They both we very receptive to me being new to the sport and took the time to slow down and teach me even at open mat time when they could be rolling with higher level guys. This club all in all was about the sport off BJJ more then anything.
    Now on to Rob. I also trained with him for a few months. He was MMA all the way. From the start of the class he was all about teaching the mechanics of every single movement needed. Every punch and kick was trained to perfection. I know this cause yes I learned very much from him and got it handed my ass all the time but I learned very quickly. I never got caught twice in the same spot. even rolling with Rob he also took the time to point my mistakes and show me the proper way to go about it. I give all the respect the above 4 people for makeing me the person I am today on and off the mat. I have since moved away but amd very proud to say I know these people.

On to Daryl Urbanski. I don't know him at all but I have had contact with him. I have first hand imformation that he was trying ro farm guys off Mike's facebook friends list when he frist opened. I know this because I was one and a few of my friends were as well. He started at one amount for traing and it seemed to keep going up. whats up with the whole 30day free thing. If you need 30 days to proves your training is better I would really second guess everything.

So the best place to go is Martial arts Planet by far even more now since I hear Coach Rob is there. So to Chris congrats on the club you earned it. To Rob thank you for makeing a good club even better. Both of you keep teaching the way you are cause your linage of you up bringing ub the sport shows in your work. I wish I could be back there to witness and take part in this greatness.

thanks everyone for listening
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12