223934 Bullies, 3964 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Knee Heard Round the World

If you want to watch the Rivera-Bisping fight yourself, I would stop reading here, unless you mind knowing how it turned out.

You've likely heard about Jorge 'El Conquistador' Rivera's online campaign about Michael 'The Count' Bisping. If not, well, they're all over YouTube and they are hilarious. I'll try to post the links at the bottom of this article.

Going into the fight, Bisping was technically superior in the striking and grappling departments. Literally the only thing Bisping would have to fear would be brawling with Rivera.

Hence, the smear campaign. Make The Count angry, get in his head, and make him fight out of his element. It appeared to work in the weigh-ins, where Bisping and Rivera were very excited about the notion of slamming their fists into one another's bodies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BispingRivera2.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	12098
    I'm pretty sure they'll hug it out, no worries.

Come fight night, tensions were high. Bisping, for all his talk of being furious, remained remarkably calm during the actual fight. He didn't get in a brawl with Rivera, and took him down midway through the first round.

Then, when Rivera forced him off, with Rivera on his hands on knees, slammed an illegal knee into his forehead and looked poised to throw another. It was the most disgusting display of unsportsmanlike conduct I have seen in some time.

The knee hurt El Conquistador badly. He seemed barely cognizant of where or who he was. No offense to Jorge intended, of course, but you likely could have convinced Jorge that he was anyone in the world. He took his time to recollect himself and decided to continue with the fight. I hear concussions tend to heal in several minutes time, so he should have been okay, right, Timmy Affliction?

[Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mb1.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	12097
    Michael Bisping thinks Jorge should just walk it off.

Jorge managed to limp through the first round before being swarmed by strikes in the second round. In celebration of his hard-earned victory, Michael 'The Count' Bisping spat in Jorge's corner and told him to 'go home, loser'.

In the words of Mike Goldberg, "Real classy."

The Youtube videos as promised.

There may be a few more floating around.
    Last edited by Kickapoo; 3/01/2011 9:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2011 4:29pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't know why the fight wasn't stopped right there with the knee to the head. Oh well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2011 5:22pm

Style: Muay Thai, San Shou, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    I really don't know why the fight wasn't stopped right there with the knee to the head. Oh well.
    Probably because of the situation that Rivera found himself in. Talking mad **** about Bisping and even though Bisping did throw that clearly illegal knee; he would've looked like a bitch taking a victory by DQ. It was a crappy position Rivera as in and to some degree I feel like Bisping knew it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2011 8:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/2...intentional-i/

Like Jorge said...

"I went to sweep him, and first of all, I want to say that he was at the press conference talking about how he's the better fighter, he's got better jiu-jitsu, better wrestling, but he takes me down, fine. I go to sweep him and he holds on to the fence. He holds on to the fence the whole time. ...And then, within 30 or 40 seconds of doing that, he knees me [illegally] in the head. I'm on all fours, he winds up and knees me in the head. Then he puts his hands up, walks over to my corner and says, 'He's the p-ssy.' Now if that wasn't deliberate, I don't know what the f-ck is."

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 1:47pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must admit, I wasn't paying too much attention but at the finish I did note that Bisping was demanding of Rivera: "Apologise!". No one here has mentioned it.

Anyway, shortly after when being interviewed, it was Bisping himself that apologised for his own behaviour.

Hmm, I may have to watch the Re-run - if it's shown.

(I really should have been paying attention....)

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sambo, CACC, RAFMichael M

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What an overrated hunk-o-crap that guy is.... Figured he woulda learned to keep his trap shut after Hendo cleaned his clock. Oh well, can't fix stupid I guess.

:)

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 2:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMarks View Post
    What an overrated hunk-o-crap that guy is.... Figured he woulda learned to keep his trap shut after Hendo cleaned his clock. Oh well, can't fix stupid I guess.
    Quoted for truth. Much harder (if not nearly impossible) to train the spirit, and demeanor, than the body. Aren't Brits supposed to be polite?

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 3:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Aren't Brits supposed to be polite?
    Errr... No?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 8:24pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stridingcloud View Post
    Probably because of the situation that Rivera found himself in. Talking mad **** about Bisping and even though Bisping did throw that clearly illegal knee; he would've looked like a bitch taking a victory by DQ. It was a crappy position Rivera as in and to some degree I feel like Bisping knew it.
    Yeah, but at least it would force a rematch somewhere down the line. I'd like to see a rematch, too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 12:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Chael Sonnen!! He is insane...it could be the battle of the douches1!!

To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
    Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much.
    Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-with-Bisping/
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast