Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 12:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't see the connection between increased aggression and acting out aggressively?

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's more of me poorly phrasing my statement.

In my experience (observing others), how much you act out while on cycle is just about the same as while off. Granted, the severity of the acting out is going to increase, but from what I've seen, if you lose your cool while on cycle, it's probably in a situation you were going to if you were off cycle too.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 9:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was on prednisone, I asked the doctor about the aggressiveness I felt, and he said that the prednisone does that. I said if steroids do that, then I'd never take them to lift bigger weights, the cost was too high. His answer was that anabolic steroids did not do the same thing that this corticosteroid did... So yes, some steroids can make you rage a bit, but they are not all created equal.

One of the possible side effects of the prednisone ( corticosteroid ) is possible psychotic break ( I got real close ), but corticosteroids are muscle wasters, and not athletic enhancing.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cracky here took roids for a while, and he said he had a few times where his aggression was higher than normal.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If ICY were a regular poster here I'm sure he could help us out.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 8:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edited: Being a wise ass in a moderated forum.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 4/04/2011 8:25pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 11:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Running away.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about the psychological differences between medicinal steroids and non-medicinal ones, but speaking about Biology, which I have a BS in, you essentially cannot take any hormonal drugs without pretty severe behavior consequences. Some hormones are more tolerable than others, obviously, but even birth control pills for women can have pretty horrible side-effects. Not everyone experiences the same side-effects, but it's ignorant to downplay the aggression some do experience. When I had to take medicinal steroids in the past, my ex-wife used to tell me I was like a different person.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123