Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkatninja View Post
    Sounds harsh, I guess we're luckier on that aspect over here in the UK/EU.
    Yup, the plain fact is that you give up virtually all your rights—unless specifically protected by other laws—the second you show up for work. And those legal protections for everything from health and safety to sexual harassment are rife with loopholes and depend on very high standards of proof.

Also interesting: many of the people to squawk about suing in cases like these—not here necessarily, but certainly elsewhere online—have supported for many years the exact politicians and policies that make most Americans eight-hour-a-day slaves and a real lawsuit all but impossible.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 11:14am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    ...Quite a few accidental shootings, that I personally know of, started with "But I thought it was unloaded." Yes, even when the person was sure they cleared a weapon. Dude I knew killed his 15 year old girlfriend being a jackass.
    You're right again.

I was tempted to reply to Wrabbit by saying the adult thing would be to not have/hang out with friends who point bows/knives or guns in your face, loaded or not, drunk or not, joking or not, but...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    3/06/2011 2:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Jim Jude. I have been in similar situations many times where alcohol led to innane actions by my friends or others. I would just quietly leave without saying anything to anyone. Most of the time people didn't even realize I had left and would retell the stories of the night's activities as if I had been there the whole time. Try it next time.

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 8:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it was me, as long as I was 100% certain that the person would not shoot me regardless of what I did or did not do (and that is probably a statistical impossibility!) then I would basically offer him the key to the store and gladly help me take anything and Everything inside the store. I'd tell him he can have it all and I'll help him cart it away.

On the other hand, point a gun at me, and with today's societal attitudes, and I am gonna go off on him and screw company policy. Its a simple choice...the policy of your life.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 10:38am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So wait, people bitch that our society does nothing to help and then you get punished when yo do.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 10:59am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    LOL at some of the comments from the linked article.

hermans.dad

This is another reason I don't shop a china-mart. Haven't in many years. I will go in there if I am in that and of town and I have to poop, though.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2013 11:11am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's worse is that he didn't even physically intervene. He just asked the woman if she needed help and got jumped by three guys. The impression I get from the policy they used to fire him is that it's supposed to prevent employees from spearing shoplifters into display racks when they try to run off with merchandise. Apparently, though, you're liable to lose your job even if you're trying to prevent injury to an another or just happen to be a victim of random violence yourself.

Reminds me of mailmen who get fired because they were attacked by dogs.

Edit: Maybe part of the reason why they fired him was because he fought back after getting repeatedly punched. He apparently utilized his superior street-fighting abilities to pin the first assailant to the ground, but got anti-grapple stomped by the other two.

Perhaps as a Walmart employee he was obliged to run away and cry in the women's room after getting assaulted, or maybe curl up in a ball and offer the muggers his ass for a good session of cornholing in order to appease them (That's actually how you're supposed to get out of student loan debt).
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 10/19/2013 11:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2013 5:09am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post

Perhaps as a Walmart employee he was obliged to run away and cry in the women's room after getting assaulted, or maybe curl up in a ball and offer the muggers his ass for a good session of cornholing in order to appease them (That's actually how you're supposed to get out of student loan debt).
    Thanks for the tip man! Debt free here I come!

(6hours later) I don't think this is going to work out, I only made about 500 bucks so far...this is gonna take forever!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2013 5:12pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You only charge $83 an hour for anal?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast