Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 2:26pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have carried a Kahr CW9, Taurus 24/7, Glock 26, 19, 17, and 21sf. Out of all of them, the CW was by far the most comfortable to carry, but was not a great shooter. It had limited capacity and was just to small for my hands. I currently carry my Glock 17 in the Spring thru Fall months and my 21sf during the late Fall thru the end of Winter. I like carrying a fullsize, even thought they are harder to conceal. I like the higher capacity(22 and 15 rounds with extensions) and the increase in accuracy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2011 2:41pm

Style: Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been considering the TigerSwan G17 but really like the 26 size.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 3:41pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger5280 View Post
    I've been considering the TigerSwan G17 but really like the 26 size.

When I carried my 26, I ran extended magazines with grip extensions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 5:48pm

Style: Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    When I carried my 26, I ran extended magazines with grip extensions.
    Same here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2011 3:57pm

Style: Law Enforcement DT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this is your first purchase then go with what Lord Skeletor said; I wouldn't drop below a mid-size such as the Glock 23/19 types. For around $500.00 you can get a really nice gun that should last you forever but before you purchase one find some friends who own guns or go to a range that rents them. Try out as many as you can in as many calibers as you can and decide for yourself but I would limit it to name brand, life time warranty purchases IMO.

Just to sound old school you might even try out wheel guns. A snub .357 is a great EDC piece that you can shoot cheaper with .38 Spl.

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 6:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    + on the smaller 357s. A old S&W Model 13 or 65 is just about perfect. The three inch bull barrel gives you a full length ejector rod which is better that the short one in the 2 1/4 snubbies. For some strange reason they are not making them anymore.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 12:10am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think my CCW will be a single stack 9mm, or a glock 19. My cougar is too big to carry comfortably all the time. My wife is getting a small .380, mainly because she probably will neve carry anything bigger.

I think the general rule is: if you aren't going to carry an adequate handgun, carry the biggest you will comfortably carry.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 4/22/2011 12:36am at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    4/24/2011 1:59am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I currently carry a Glock 26 with no extenders. I can hit my target consistently with it just like I can with a Glock 17. I find that I always want more Glocks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 6:02pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East View Post
    Not pretty weapons but for their purpose as concealable, reliable carry weapons Keltecs are world class.

Reliable and Keltec don't o in the same sentence , and nope I'm no big fan og Glocks , what with the well known case support and chamber problems , by the time you solve those you're into cheaper Kimber or upper Sig territory.

Just give it up , save it up and buy a Sig 220C and don't look back , and by the way , don't believe that bullshit about interchangeability with GI parts as regards Kimbers , there are no less than nine separate proprietary parts in their 1911s. If you want a Govt model then buy a Rock Island or Springfield and mod it yourself.

And if you insist on buying a Glock and then throwing stout handloads down the pipe then don't say that someone didn't warn you to stick to off the shelf ammo pressure levels , or buy a BarSto barrel.

And every Taurus I've ever owned spent more time in transit back and forth between the factory that it did in my hands , damn sure *needed* that lifetime warranty , every one of 'em from .357 to .454 casull , with their example of a Govt type being a particularly noxious paperweight.

Do *not* forget to give the CZs a close look , you may well find what you want...

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 11:20pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I've owned 2 keltecs and I can safely say I hate them. If you buy it, do all the fluff and buff, fire it one or two times and just keep it as a gun to carry, its okay. But what the ****? 1. why should I do anything to a firearm to get it working well 2. I need to be able to practice ALL THE TIME without **** breaking and wearing out. So **** their awesome customer service, spend a bit more money and get a gun that lasts.

Anyways, I bought and sold a bunch of guns before I settled on this:
    Ruger SR9C. I wanted at least 10 rounds of 9mm or above, I needed something slim, and I needed double action or something with a safety. And if something did have a safety, I needed it to go 1911 style, i.e. down to fire. And of course, reliability. Weight, accuracy and looks were secondary.

The guns it competes with are as following: M&P9SC, XD9SC, Glock 26. Its the thinnest out of the four, but also the heaviest out of the four. It and the glock have the best triggers, which really isn't that important to me on a carry gun. However, its by far the thinnest out of the four. Its as thin as the POS KT P-11 I sold recently.

My review:
    Points well, might point even better for other people because I am very used to beretta grip angles but this gun has a bit more of an angle on the grip.

Sights are very visible. It fits my hand pretty well for a thin pistol (Although I have small hands, I tend to like guns with big grips). Felt recoil is quite low, though muzzle flip is high like any other gun in this size. Returns to position very naturally. Low bore axis.

Everything is fully ambidextrous on this gun. Aside from the weight, I have no complaints.
    Test firing went flawless, but as with a lot of striker fired weapons it didn't do too well with tula/wolf ammo. One round required two hits on the primer to fire. (never been an issue like that with my berettas)

www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567