--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cz 2075, 9mm or .40S&W

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image003.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	12129
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic_055_Large.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	12128  

"Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    3/03/2011 2:33am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mmmm... I love the looks of a nice CZ pistol. I've had my eye on the 2075 for some time, but never pulled the trigger. Probably still won't, but I sure do like 'em. I think the only real turnoff for me on the 2075 is that I'd rather have a polymer pistol if I'm going for a subcompact, and I don't really like the feel of the CZ polymer frames.

Posted On:
    3/03/2011 5:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always liked the CZs, they make good guns.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 1:07am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a CCW instructor, and I always advise people to pick a gun that fits their lifestyle. If you want a big hunk of metal strapped to you, fine. I'm personally a fan of "Having a gun is the first rule of CCW". I have carried for many years, and I have experienced the mundane act of carrying for years and years. The more the years went on, the less I carried. I finally came to the realization that carrying concealed in NO fun!

I have since decided that it's better to have something small and light, that I know I'm going to carry, versus something big and heavy, that I might only carry part of the time.

For me, the Ruger LCP fits my lifestyle. And while the .380 isn't a man stopper, I do carry the best ammo I can find. I use Hornady Critical Defense ammo, and I have been very pleased with the info I have found on the capabilities of this cartridge.

For a full size duty pistol, the G17 rules the world, period.

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 8:57pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Glock 17 is very popular worldwide, but not everybody shoots well with the same pistol or has the hands for a Glock. That said, I do, and I love Glocks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:41am

Style: karate, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get one or two (identical) pistols chambered for the 45ACP only in a 3", 4", or 5" barrel from Ruger, Taurus, Glock, ParaOrd for about $600 MSRP

I prefer single-action 1911 styles with a manual safety: Cocked and Locked. I hear IDF people carry as Cond 3: not chambered.

I like 45ACPs from observations I've gathered from coroners/medical examiners and being historically tested since 1873, starting with the 45LC.
    Last edited by charlie echo; 3/16/2011 11:46am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 6:50am

Style: BJJ, MT, MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's so many factors to take in to account. General firearms experience, what fits your hands, how do you shoot with different guns, what's your build etc.... My EDC is a Glock 23, at 6 foot 0 and ranging between 155 and 175 lbs I have no problem carrying concealed, even in Florida's Summer heat. I carry the 23 because I carried the 22 for the PD, which I also had no trouble concealing.

Glock is a great first choice. Most importantly, they work. They're easy to break down and replacement parts and armorers (if you ever even need them) are in abundance. 9mm is a good choice for beginning carriers because the ammo cost will let you train often easier than a .40 or .45.

Of course, some people don't shoot as well with Glocks. Find a range that rents pistols, shoot a few different ones and see what works best. Choosing the gun you'll carry everyday for SD is a pretty important decision since your life may depend on it. Whatever you carry, train with it, train often and well.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 12:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone is different, so my suggestion to you is to find that fine line between ease of carry and ease of shooting that will ensure you will both carry and shoot it regularly.

I have just about decided on a S&W 438/638 (5 shot, .38 wheelgun) for EDC and here's my reasoning:

1) It is easy to carry. Small and light enough to drop in a pocket, I don't seem myself ever not wanting to take it with me like I might with a bigger/heavier gun.

2) It fires .38 special +p. I flip-flopped for a while about the whole .357 vs .38 in a pocket revolver, but finally decided I would never want to shoot .357 out of something that small. I'm a firm believer that accuracy and the ability to put a followup shot is more important than caliber anyway, within reason.

3) It is fun to shoot. I tried out a friend's j-frame and was surprised at how reasonable the recoil was and how accurate the little gun was. Being a revolver and a different caliber from my SIG, I don't have to worry about playing favorites at the range because they're different experiences when shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    When it comes to watches, automobiles, and firearms---you simply can't beat the Germans and the Swiss.
    I've got a Omega, BMW and Sig so I guess I can't argue that rofl.

Posted On:
    3/24/2011 1:41pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    2) It fires .38 special +p. I flip-flopped for a while about the whole .357 vs .38 in a pocket revolver, but finally decided I would never want to shoot .357 out of something that small. I'm a firm believer that accuracy and the ability to put a followup shot is more important than caliber anyway, within reason.
    I used to have a Taurus titanium tracker snubby in .357. The whole thing weighed in at something like 19 ounces loaded, but due to the porting and the 'ribber' handle recoile was extremely manageable and follow up shots were a non-issue. Add to that the fact that a .357 can fire .38 special I see it as a no-brainer.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2011 11:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not just the recoil; .357 is going to be extremely loud and bright, yeah? I don't want to be deaf and blind after the first shot either. :)

I don't like the idea of having a ported barrel on my EDC piece since I might need to fire it from some retention position and there would be a chance of venting the gasses right into my face.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast