My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario915 View Post
    Never fired a Kahr, but havent heard nothing bad either. Buddy of mine swears by his Glock, I feel they are OVERRATED, but thats just my opinion.
    Your opinion is wrong, correct! Gaston commands you!!!

Glocks definitely live up to all the hype. You can torture the hell out the gun, pick it up and at it will fire true. I scored a 19 as a back up down range (story for later) and it was excellent through dust, snow, and mud.

USPs are great guns as well I just don't like in a 9 but it is another that lives up to all its hype. I like the HK45 too.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 7:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    LS, have you warmed up to anything other than Glock, SIG, and HK yet? I've noticed that you almost exclusively recommend the three. Love Glocks and SIGs myself, like the HK P30 but not a lot else from HK, just wondering if anything else has caught your eye lately.

I've had a CZ-75 P-01 for the last few month's and it's been accurate as balls and 100% reliable. NATO approved, too, FWIW. It reminds me of the P228 I should never have sold, but has better ergonomics (the stock sights suck though).
    CZ-75 (and their millions of clones) are really good too. Everyone I've tried have been very accurate. I have 3 Jericho 941s and they have shot as well as the original CZs.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East View Post
    Just to qualify. I think the USP is overrated due to its price to performance ratio. For example, the standard price at my local gunshop for a USP fullsize in .40 is 840 bucks. Compared to 725 for a Sig p226 and 420 for a Glock 26.

All 3 have virtually identical accuracy. Neither gun is more 'inherently' accurate than the other. Its all operator on that side of the debate. All 3 are rugged. The Glock being THE most indestructible auto pistol ever. Period. The difference between the Sig and the USP is probably a toss up to randomness and individual guns. Ive owned a USP that did not like shooting wolf ammo. it would jam repeatedly. This is a fairly common complaint with the USP. never had a sig choke on wolf or fiocci ammo on me.

So for twice as much money as the leading competitor your getting a gun thats NOT as reliable, needs picky ammo, and is not any more accurate than anything else. What you ARE getting is a gun that has expensive parts, poor magazines (heaven forbid you drop a loaded $30 dollar USP mag on the ground. The floor plate will pop off and your rounds go everywhere) a non standard rail and a sloppy trigger. If im shelling out 800+ bucks for a gun, these are issues that simply CANNOT exist.
    Holy fucking ****. $840 for an HK?? $750. for a SIG?? Where in the name of 10 Hells are you buying guns from, bro? That's like 200-300 dollar markup off of regular retail. You can find them a bit cheaper on Gunbroker and just do your typical $25.00 FFL transfer.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 3:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LS, have you warmed up to anything other than Glock, SIG, and HK yet? I've noticed that you almost exclusively recommend the three. Love Glocks and SIGs myself, like the HK P30 but not a lot else from HK, just wondering if anything else has caught your eye lately.

I've had a CZ-75 P-01 for the last few month's and it's been accurate as balls and 100% reliable. NATO approved, too, FWIW. It reminds me of the P228 I should never have sold, but has better ergonomics (the stock sights suck though).
    When it comes to watches, automobiles, and firearms---you simply can't beat the Germans and the Swiss. I guess you can count the Austrians (Glock) amongst the Germans, but you get my point. Why even bother migrating to another brand, when the "Big 3" get the job done as far as most federal/state/local police forces, military special teams, and private security contractors are concerned...EVERY SINGLE TIME. There's a reason why these brands are top shelf. They perform, their engineering is superb, they can field a number of accessories, and they are quite accurate.

I like the accuracy potential of the CZ line of pistols and I believe that they have a great ergonomic "feel" to them. Their sights seem awful small, though...and I'm not fan of their triggers on most models. While a Taurus, Kahr, Smith & Wesson, Beretta, or CZ aren't among my "First Tier" of choices---they certainly qualify as "Second Tier" guns and if you don't have the money for the top-of-the-line choices, they are certainly decent and should fulfill your CCW purposes quite well.

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 3:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    When it comes to watches, automobiles, and firearms---you simply can't beat the Germans and the Swiss. I guess you can count the Austrians (Glock) amongst the Germans, but you get my point. Why even bother migrating to another brand, when the "Big 3" get the job done as far as most federal/state/local police forces, military special teams, and private security contractors are concerned...EVERY SINGLE TIME. There's a reason why these brands are top shelf. They perform, their engineering is superb, they can field a number of accessories, and they are quite accurate.

I like the accuracy potential of the CZ line of pistols and I believe that they have a great ergonomic "feel" to them. Their sights seem awful small, though...and I'm not fan of their triggers on most models. While a Taurus, Kahr, Smith & Wesson, Beretta, or CZ aren't among my "First Tier" of choices---they certainly qualify as "Second Tier" guns and if you don't have the money for the top-of-the-line choices, they are certainly decent and should fulfill your CCW purposes quite well.
    I agree with you on the trigger with CZs and clones. The DA pull is something you have to get used to but if you set it SA it is awesome but wants to do that all the time.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 7:48pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love everything about the Jericho except for it's finish and safety. With such a short area to grip on the slide, the safety (for me) feels awkward unless it's frame mounted.

LS, I agree with your Tier 1 for the most part, but I would put Beretta and CZ up in the top tier with the others based on my experience. I know what you mean when you talk about Swiss and German engineering, but it's just a little bit myopic for my taste. First and foremost a weapon should be 100% reliable, and examples from all sorts of manufacturers can be reliable while even the top 3 can occasionally have problems (I've told you about my experience with the HK USP45CT I had a couple year back). Does it have to be German, Swiss, or Austrian? I don't think so, but it's a nice attribute for a weapon to have nonetheless.

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 8:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love everything about the Jericho except for it's finish and safety. With such a short area to grip on the slide, the safety (for me) feels awkward unless it's frame mounted.
    Jerichos are my favorite. I don't mind the finish but the slide safety took some getting used to. I've been trying to get my hands on a frame safety for a long time. If I get that then I would be in heaven.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 8:52pm

Style: HKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a USP, and it fires wonderfully. My XD is nice too, but the rear sights were off out of the box. Both of them are .40, I want to get a 9, but waiting for a gun show to come thru. Glocks are reliable, but to much polymer for my liking,IMO. I agree with the not overlooking a weapon just because its not German, Austrian or Croation. I have two rifles,an M1(seriously) and a Winchester94. The winchester has NEVER malfunctioned ever yeah its old school, but reliable.

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 9:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like my SIG 245 for off duty. I've been using my .40 XD lately in a new Middle back holster from Tagua. I don't even feel like I'm carrying anything. I like having a mid size gun and an extra mag or two. In the unlikely event **** goes sideways enough for my to use it I definately want enough gun.

Posted On:
    2/25/2011 10:39pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gezere,

On the subject of Heaven, how about a return of the Bren Ten from a quality manufacturer?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast