This still has to go through the state senate, but it's looking like it will pass. It will mean you can pack heat in NC State parks (already legal in national parks). This is huge to me, since I like camping where the bears live.

The other biggie is that it will allow you to carry concealed in restaurants where alcohol is served. It's about time. It's already illegal to carry if you're drinking. Why the hell should it be illegal for me to carry because other people are drinking?

Raleigh, N.C. The state House voted 77-41 Tuesday to allow people to carry concealed weapons in public parks and greenways across North Carolina and in restaurants where alcohol is served.

House Bill 111, which faces a final vote in the House on Wednesday, is one of at least eight proposals pending in the General Assembly would make it easier to buy, carry and, in some cases, fire a handgun in the state.

Other proposals include House Bill 227, which loosens restrictions on buying handguns in other states; House Bill 63, which allows employees to lock guns inside their cars at work; and House Bill 390, which would do away with the requirement for a local permit to purchase a pistol.