Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a thread or anything, I could put something up if it would add value.. where would be the right forum to post? Just a noob, you see..

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 6:50am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paci-fist View Post
    I don't have a thread or anything, I could put something up if it would add value.. where would be the right forum to post? Just a noob, you see..
    Well, for one there's Newbietown for the classic introduction threads, if you haven't done that yet (hello, my name is XY, I don't chun for Z years... ...hello, XY, we're glad you joined... :-) ).

Sounds seriously interesting, especially if you'd share details of what worked from the chun in the boxing environment, what you did before the chun, if you ever went back and sparred guys from the old place, etc...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 7:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did actually have just an intro thread in newbietown where I lightly touched on some of that stuff, "Dirty lurker no more!"
    I could easily add to it with a bit more detail.

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 5:41pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whilst I'll never go back to the Chun it's good to see those guys pressure test against each other let alone against outsiders, it's the only way forward for the art. They'd mop the floor with 99.9% of other Chun schools out there.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 7:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a chun school in perth trained like this I would be right there, there isn't one (anymore) that I know of. Unfortunately the local crop don't spar because because they are far too lethal, and a sparring session would doubtlessly result in a pile of corpses with the lucky ones spending a lengthy convalescence in hospital. The other reason they don't spar is that chun simply doesnt work with gloves on.
    If I could find a group of chunners who didn't have supernatural powers and who weren't so in tune with their bodies that a 10 ounce difference on their hands changed everything, then I would be a happy man.
    I wouldn't neglect my ground game as much as I did though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123