Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 12:57am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I particularly liked the training video. I trained WT for several years, and despite the critiques, I really like it as a style. Except for the footwork. I understand the principles, and I think that it's based on sound logic; but that logic doesn't translate into usefulness in reality. Watching the sparring, you see that the typical "Chun" footwork seems to fall apart fairly quickly, but all of the hand work still seems to be solid even at full speed. The mentality of the training looks intense. Unlike a lot of TMA schools, they definitely go beyond the pre-scripted techniques and outcomes (at least, if the video is an accurate representation).

In all, I like the vids. Thanks for posting. Looks like a school I'd like to see.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 2:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like i may have been slightly misunderstood. The technique in the training video is very similar to things that you would see me training... however, i don't see a lot of those techniques they are training being applied in the tournament fights... that's all... i am not trying to be smug. ... and yes that quote by itself sounds a little harsh, but it is just an opinion I have... I am in no way any kind of authority. I apologize if I offended anyone, I guess i have a way of doing that. And one more tid-bit... I'm not sure what you mean by trolling the forum... from my understanding it sounds like... browsing? and isn't that what most people do? idk, maybe you could elaborate. (I'm not being sarcastic, I know it sounds like it.) I actually am also very interested in Xingyi, I don't think i have ever personally seen it in action; do you do any tournaments?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 7:19am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you were understood. Show me a video of your school in full contact fights using "techniques." The comment "i don't see a lot of those techniques they are training being applied in the tournament fights... that's all" is an extremely common critique. When or if we see video that critique applies to the responders school as well. This is one of the few hard contatc _ing _un school videos that actually looks like chun.

See, if you were above 45 I would believe you do not know what trolling a forum means. At 21, you sound facetious.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 7:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was great, really refreshing to see some gutsy practitioners put in on the line and see what their chun training has given them. In some cases, quite a lot I thought. We're all at different stages in our quest to cultivate skill and it's the guys who have the sense to pressure test against a non-compliant opponent (or 'spar', sorry if I'm waxing lyrical) who get to honestly see where they're at and how they can improve.
    Good chun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 8:34am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aside from what what is in the video,
    its great to see that they just do it instead of all the secret no competing attitude

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 10:49am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That one dude in the grey shirt was doing a great job, from what I saw.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to know the story of the girl with one wrist.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 6:01pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow. this really seems like an incredible place to train. they actually spar, do pad drills, and get a good workout. iv been to countless WC schools where all they do is chisao and theorize(thats a word right?) every fight scenario. IMO, nobody cares about our chisao skills..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 8:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I went to boxing after 6 years of chun it was because I met local heavyweight pro Mark Demori at a bar and expressed some interest in doing a bit of boxing for fitness. When we got together he said he couldnt believe I hadnt boxed before and within weeks I was sparring with him, the no.2 state olympic heavyweight, and a bunch of other experienced boxers.
    One thing I found though was that although offence was sharp and I could put good pressure on and land punches, my defence was sorely lacking and over the next 2 years I accumulated quite a few broken noses and a blow-out fracture in my eye socket until my once smouldering good looks were somewhat extinguished... it had never been a problem until training with guys of this caliber cos good offence had previously served as good defence.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/05/2011 4:13am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that sounds like a pretty interesting story... You have a thread with more details for it?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast