Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 11:24pm

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its really sickening, then you see these Traditional Martial arts retards like MMA Vs Kung Fu, MY GOD that guy was ****! One of my friends studies Wudang Kung FU, namely Hsing I and I have never seen him laugh so hard. The MMAist could have saved his time and killed the guy in bollocks! S. Karate Vs BJJ! WHAT WAS he doing, you dont grapple a grappler! TKD Vs MT, the TKD guy was just ****, theres nothing more to it.

As for MT and no BS, give it time. The commercial gits out there, will water it down and it will become mcdojoed. God help MT if it gets into the olymics, which it is being considered. You can say bye bye to your mega hard image. I hope it does'nt. The olymic review commity will probably make it more of a point sparring system, like TKD.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
    those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
    Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -O Sensei Ueshiba

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 11:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't grapple a grappler? I don't think you always get the choice. If they want to grapple with you, you will probably have to sometime or later, even if it's just to get out of grappling range. Those video's of stylist versus stylist are crap. It's individual vs. individual. You don't get to see how each trains, where they train, or anything else thats relevant. Using them as proof is pointless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2002 12:17pm

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly blueskycomplex, they are'nt proof of the surpremacy of the more modern styles, which these video's seem to show.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
    those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
    Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -O Sensei Ueshiba

Titan

Posted On:
    11/29/2002 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the end of the day if you don't train to actually fight, you won't be able to. That's what the videos show

Who ever said that MT will become McDojo'd is very correct, it's just a matter of time, it's happening now I think. Same with BJJ.

"Blood sugar suckerfish is my dish.
    How many pieces do you wish ?"
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2002 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anything can become mcdojo'd.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/26/2002 1:52am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just like this thread so much, i brot it back!
    Happy Holidays, Hope you got what you wanted.

"A lot of people spend a lot of time arguing about what style is better. This is a complete waste of time." Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/26/2002 2:23am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just read the first post and I have an idea for a basic rule to be applied FROM THIS DAY FORWARD. Ready? If you challenge someone, YOU GO TO THEIR LOCATION. You cannot issue a challenge and burden those you challenge with the responsibility of traveling to meet you. This is a challenge in bad faith.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    12/26/2002 5:35am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking fight and get this over with ****, Arange a match, They have local UFC fights all the time around here so they must have some around where you are and arange to fight with each other. Then record and post or your both full of ****.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/26/2002 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jamoke how do you expect peedee to accept your challenge when you wont accept his?

Just curious....

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Ghandi

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/26/2002 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone here KNOWS thats not his address.

I would knock jamoke out in about 10 seconds.

I would punch him in the face, he would make a half asses attempt to cover up and then he would fall down hurt and quit.

I dont take his challenge seriously, and niether does anyone else.

He's a kid.

He cant fight on "The Street". He cant fight PERIOD. Me and a friend of mine have offered to fight him under so many scenarios its getting boring already.

I told him I would fight him behind any of the schools I train at. Thats right folks, BEHIND the school. You know....THE STREET! (oooooooh how scary....)

All he has to do is walk into any of the schools tell them he's there to fight Peedee or Pete or Peter and even if I'm NOT there, I live about 5 minutes away.

It would be over so fast it wouldnt even be worth mentioning.

The only thing I'd have to worry about is his MOMMY sueing me for beating up her 14 year old son.....
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast