--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha.ha.ha.ha...Funny

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 9:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee, I am new so I just want to know why you hate kung fu so much.

And, what is your preference for fighting?

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey whats up? I don't hate Kung Fu man. I think the way its practiced as a system is probably the worst right now though. Its students, for the most part, hold onto all the stuff that would be better discarded with an almost religious faith. Chi, form, hot stone training, low stances, Anti grappling..... Nutty shiit. This isn't ALL Kung Fu schools, but its a hell of alot of them. I don't mean to generalize but if I say that Judo doesn't incorporate striking I'm correct. For the most part it doesnt. A few guys doing the right thing doesnt make the whole any better. Take a look at William Cheung's site and you wont even have to ask why I am a little harsh about a majority of Kung Fu academies.

I think JKD is the way of the future. Martial Arts have evolved so much in the last 15 years. he human body is capable of only so much. We all have the same arms, legs and so on. Your going to eventually categorize a certain # of techniques and ways of performong them that just work well for the human body in a real lot of circumstance. Boxers throw punches a certain way. Its a very effective way. Its not effective because of THEM, its effective because of its mechanics. You dont teach a new boxer a different way. He learns the same ways as everyone else. The saem can be said for kicks, strikes, locks.... There are certain techniques that just work well for nearly everyone.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Taking a break

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You still need to know some TMA to apply JKD concepts to them. Does anyone know know of people who have done JKD without exposure to another art first?

"Not in the face!"
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    William Cheung is a shitty wing chun guy. And Boztepe's wing chun is also a joke. I myself am a wing chun guy and agree that probably 99.5 of all kung fu practicioners suck. That is because of the way they were taught, not because of the system. Most of the **** that works is gone because all of these **** ass instructors are out to make a buck. I have fought boxers and wrestlers and bjj guys and I have held my own and then some.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 6:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    peedee is right, but you can say this for almost all traditional martial arts. let's take a look at some traditional hard styles. tang soo do, tkd, and karate. these are all traditional martial arts designed for COMBAT, but they only work that way if you practice them that way. today most tkd schools focus on olypic sparring and thats it, most karate and tang soo do schools focus on shitty stop-point sparring and musical forms and how to trirrel your kama around. now theres nothing wrong with this, but this is why half these people can't fight and why mma people are always bad mouthing us. most arts can be very effective, but only if you practice them that way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 7:13pm

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree completely tkd_fighter. All traditional systems can be very powerful, or they would not have excisted as long as they have. But over time, they have been watered down so that pregnant women can do them! To be hoenst its a disgrace, I guess I am lucky that I have a good Sensei. I know Aikido sometimes gets a bad press, and its true that there are some really crap Aikidoka out there, but dont tar us all with the same brush.

As for Ki/Chi/Qi being useless, I would hope not. But you guys (from what I have read) are alot more combat experienced than myself. So I am not in a position to argue.

MMA, to begin with I did not like them at all. But as I have watched more and more of it I am know beginning to see the skill, its more than just physical strength. That has to be respected.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
    those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
    Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -O Sensei Ueshiba

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 7:30pm

Style: Armchair-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyway shaolinpeedee, did you check out the school that Jamoke suggested you to go. Shi Yan Ming's school was it if i am not mistaken.
    As i have heard they dont train for fighting, tho Shi Yan Ming is rumoured to be a very able fighter.

Also you stated that it's not that you hate all kungfu but only most of the schools who because teach BS. I agree on that, but mostly this mcdojo.com is about bashing asian martial arts in a quite lame way. The video 'kungfu vs MMA' for example, i must admit it's funny, but the correct name would be wannabe-kungfu-dude vs MMA guy. C'mon did any of you really think that man there has been trained in MA school. He even didnt take somekind of weird fighting stance that modern-wushu schools teach for beauty.
    I brought this up here because i remember you used that amateur video as an ARGUMENT that kungfu doesnt work. This is quite lame.
    Anyway, i wish you luck and energy bashing those ppl that teach/learn form after form without application and call themselves CMA practitioners. Then again i recommend you to choose more carefully what to bash, because as you have yourself admitted, there IS good kungfu/ TMA out there.

Peace.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 7:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    traditional arts ave been pimped out so much it is sickening. iam not talking about the sport karate schools, that is physicaly demanding. iam talking about the schools for the pregnent women and fat old guy wanting to "get into shape" the insructors of these schools are such fukking pimps that they are prostituting their art for these people just to get a buck. if you want to lose the fat, go to the gym, do tae-bo, but don't do martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2002 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so why bother with trying to find a good one? just take MT, where you know there will be minimum BS
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast