Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 2:50pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To anyone interested in directly asking him about his BJJ credentials you can see the facebook fan page that skippy is showing here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuar...251457?sk=info

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 4:08pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I messaged him on Facebook, inviting him to the thread. I really hope he does show up. It'd be great to have any questions answered and this thread can have a good outcome.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 5:18pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He might or might not. In my previous dealings he seemed only interested in dealing via email with me.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I know he's seen the message. Apparently he is ignoring it in hopes of these questions just going away.

Why don't people like this realize that it does more damage to leave questions unanswered than it does to actually answer them?

Right now, the conclusion of this thread is that he does NOT have a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

That means he is unqualified to teach Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

That means that the people who train under him do not have legitimate Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ranks.

That means that, should they decide to train elsewhere, they'll need to start over at white belt.

That means they trained for however long they did for no recognition.

I just don't understand. It is only in his students' best interest for him to answer these questions. Why won't he stand up for his students?

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Let me stick up for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    Well, I know he's seen the message. Apparently he is ignoring it in hopes of these questions just going away.

Why don't people like this realize that it does more damage to leave questions unanswered than it does to actually answer them?

Right now, the conclusion of this thread is that he does NOT have a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

That means he is unqualified to teach Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

That means that the people who train under him do not have legitimate Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ranks.

That means that, should they decide to train elsewhere, they'll need to start over at white belt.

That means they trained for however long they did for no recognition.

I just don't understand. It is only in his students' best interest for him to answer these questions. Why won't he stand up for his students?
    My name is Ashley Burris. I am the creator of Mr. Hamby's facebook fan page. I apologize for any confusion about his credentials. I also run the FierceMartial Arts Facebook page. Any false information was due to my error NOT Mr. Hamby's claims. Fierce Martial Arts is certified through the All-Style Budo Federation and the American Martial Arts Alliance to give rank to students. Any questions can be directed to me on the FierceMartial Arts Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/FierceMartialArtsAcademy

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 11:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The text on the "Stuart Hamby" Facebook page has been updated:

Changes to the bio:

- Replaced "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu" with "Japanese Ju-Jitsu"

- Removed the word "NAGA" from "2011 NAGA Grappling Championship Gold Medalist"

It is pretty clear that he has seen this thread.

Mr Hamby: please create an account and join the ongoing discussion.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/16/2011 11:58pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aburris View Post
    My name is Ashley Burris. I am the creator of Mr. Hamby's facebook fan page. I apologize for any confusion about his credentials. I also run the FierceMartial Arts Facebook page. Any false information was due to my error NOT Mr. Hamby's claims. Fierce Martial Arts is certified through the All-Style Budo Federation and the American Martial Arts Alliance to give rank to students. Any questions can be directed to me on the FierceMartial Arts Facebook.

You couldn't see this because the auto-mod requires a live staff or moderator to approve the post of anyone who posts a link in their very first post.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/17/2011 12:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aburris View Post

Ashley,

First off, thank you for taking the time to come on here and clear up the confusion. That helps to explain the wording issues on that page.

From previous correspondence with Mr Hamby, it seemed he was genuinely interested in not portraying himself as a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt and focusing on his Black Belt in Japanese Ju-Jitsu instead.

There are some other pages which claim that Fierce Martial Arts teaches Brazilian Jiu Jitsu when Mr Hamby has stated that they do not. Without a person properly ranked in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu teaching there, the school would not actually be teaching Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I know that you probably didn't create those pages/posts as well, but I just wanted to mention those so that you could kind of understand the confusion on our end. :-/

I also noticed removal of the word "NAGA" from the grappling championship title. Can I ask what tournament Mr Hamby competed in for that gold medal?

Finally, could you ask Mr Hamby if he would be willing to post here just to clear everything up? There are some questions about his YouTube videos as mentioned above (namely claiming one video is of himself when it is clearly not).

Thank you again in helping to clear some of this up and I hope to keep an open, positive dialog with you and possibly Mr Hamby.

Posted On:
    9/19/2011 1:52pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is obvious that hs whole bio is bs. But my favorite answer is his answer to the question about his 5th dan in MMA. That he input a "typo". How the hell do you typo a 5 for a 1? I could see a 5 for a 4, but for a 1?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/19/2011 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman View Post
    It is obvious that hs whole bio is bs. But my favorite answer is his answer to the question about his 5th dan in MMA. That he input a "typo". How the hell do you typo a 5 for a 1? I could see a 5 for a 4, but for a 1?
    a 1st dan in MMA doesn't make any sense either though.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast