Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 10:31pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been corrected. Phil Jones does NOT have rank under the AMAA. His rank is under an organization simply called "The Alliance".

edit: This is the Alliance: http://www.usnmat.net/

edit 2: And unless I'm incorrect and Mr. Hamby corrects me, this is Phil Jones: http://www.jonesdefenseacademy.com/staff.htm
    Last edited by Wolf; 2/22/2011 10:37pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 10:43pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, credit goes out to Kintanon for finding me the link to Phil Jones' site.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/23/2011 11:27am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heard from Stuart again. He never fought for Premier. He fought for Christ Lytle's Red Cobra Fight Night. He thought it was a Premier Show because a lot of the guys from Premier were helping put it together. I can vouch for this. So I understand the confusion. His fight on that show is listed here:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....f#fight_116767

He also said that he fought for Full Kontact Unleashed. I'll look into that. Still waiting to hear from the Michigan Fight League folks. Also to be noted is that says he fought for Fierce Fight Series. There's no reason to doubt this as this is his promotion.

Posted On:
    9/11/2011 8:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Jui Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hamby has a school in New Castle but its not what he makes it out to be. He claims to be black belts in several styles yet his claim to fame is Ju Jitsu. He was a yellow belt at Hahns Martial arts just a few (2-3) years ago and is now a 4th degree from ????. He did not get it at Hahns! Another amazing fact about Hamby is that he put in one of his articles in the New Castle paper that he was inducted into the Ju Jitsu Hall of fame. The truth is he paid a few hundred dollars to an organization (usmat.net) ran by Dr. Jim Thomas. They let you create an area where you want to be inducted into. It is not like the USKA, PKC or USJA. Donít get me wrong Dr. Thomas is the real deal but the organization is more about profit then creditability. As a lifelong martial artist itís a disgrace to see someone just come in and say they have earned this and that when they are just blowing smoke!

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 2:16am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure if this thread should be "revived" but...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Hamby
    What grappling competitions have you competed in?

NAGA and Alliance, Arnold Classic and competing in the Arnold in two weeks.Also the Trojan Warrior classic multiple times and a few school associated tournaments through other schools.
    According to nationallyranked.com (NAGA's competitor database), there is no "Stu / Stuart Hamby" listed as a competitor:

http://nationallyranked.com/index.cf...lastname=hamby

NAGA ran the 2011 Arnold Classic so entrants in that competition should be in nationallyranked.com's database as well.

Now, I'm sure there is a possibility that "something went wrong somewhere", but considering he said he's done multiple events, that "something" will have needed to go wrong multiple times.

Also, if he did receive a Black Belt in BJJ at the age of 19/20, he will be widely known in BJJ circles. Getting a Black Belt at that age from an established lineage is an absolute rarity. So much so that when it happens, the person is already known in the BJJ community either from tearing up competitions (most common) or from incredible seminars (much less common). Of course, this point is completely circumstantial and has no true data behind it, but it just needed to be put out there.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 2:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On Mr Hamby's YouTube channel, he has a video posted a video that is described as him breaking someone's arm in a grappling tournament:

Screenshot:

What is posted in Mr Hamby's YouTube account is actually a blurry version of this video that was posted back in 2006:

The person in this video is not Mr Hamby.

EDIT:

That video also makes an appearance in Mr Hamby's highlight video:

Not just an isolated incident.
    Last edited by Uncle Skippy; 9/14/2011 2:57am at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 11:44am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is an awesome find skippy. This thread just sort of died due to lack of response, but the bottom line is the guy is a fraud.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Hamby has made a few videos promoting Lloyd Irvin's DVDs and Seminars:

There are several references to Mr Irvin on Mr Hamby's web sites so I wanted to see if there was any association between them, formal or informal.

I contacted Mr Irvin's school to ask if Mr Hamby was in any way associated or affiliated with the Team Lloyd Irvin. I also asked if anyone there remembered Mr Hamby, his rank, or his abilities.

Lloyd Irvin wrote me back and stated:

1) There is no formal or informal association with Mr Hamby or Fierce Martial Arts

2) Mr Hamby was a white belt when he visited Mr Irvin's school

Again, I was only checking to see if there was any association between the schools. There are videos and pictures with Mr Irvin so I was curious.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    9/14/2011 8:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Hamby
    And I realize you and him aren't worried about any of my credentials except the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu rank and maybe the Judo. I recieved these ranks from Grandmaster Phil Jones through the Black Belt Masters Association. I recieved the rank through him but I don't teach Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. I teach Japanese Ju-jitsu and I am not playing a word game with that either, that is what I was brought up in the Martial Arts world of Ju-jitsu knowing how to spell it. And I think there is a difference because Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is very very high level in IMO compared with other Martial Arts.
    For not teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he sure mentions that he teaches it a lot (click each picture to enlarge it):

Newly created page as of today, mentioning that he teaches... Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    ("2011 NAGA Grappling Gold Medalist" should be noted here. It isn't listed in nationallyranked.com)

Martial Arts directory which mentions that they teach... Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

For knowing that there is a spelling difference, he doesn't respect that here

An entry about him on... a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu coaching directory with "Black Belt" rank

The consistent manner in which he portrays himself as a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, paired with videos from his school which show them grappling (I can't find any non-grappling training videos from their school) just shows that he told Wolf one thing, but is completely doing another.

He does not have a legitimate lineage in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. As such, his Black Belt is NOT in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. It may be some other system, but it is not Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from the information provided so far.
    Last edited by Uncle Skippy; 9/14/2011 8:51pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/15/2011 2:45pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His affiliation with Lloyd Irvin, as I understand it, is simply that he pays to go to Lloyds marketing seminars. His gym is NOT a Lloyd Irvin gym.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast