Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/19/2011 1:10pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also worth noting, is that according to his myspace page and his page for his school on facebook he is 19 years old.

Posted On:
    2/19/2011 1:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    He doesn't appear to have an actual website for his gym. ...
    I think this is it, no?
    http://fiercemartialarts.webs.com/
    Photos and videos there.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/19/2011 3:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is indeed them. Good find. I don't think they use that site much if at all anymore though. I think they do all their stuff through facebook and myspace from what I've been seeing.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 9:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so there's been a lot of developments. In the Interest of transparency I'll post our email exchanges. This was his reply to the first email I sent:

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Hamby
    Paul,

Hello, I don't check this email very often or at all really. I just check it on occasion. I would love to provide you with this information I have nothing to hide, but I am just wondering why you ask for all this or what your site or yourself does with this information. It isn't uncommon for a new prospect or student to ask some of these things but it just seems like I got your email out of the blue asking for all this information. What exactlydoes bullshido.com do and so forth and what is the information you are asking me to provide go to?

Thanks,
    Stuart Hamby

Ps: I will check this email in the next few days for your reply. If everything checks out clear I will gladly give you my Martial Arts History and continuing succesful future. I just won the Heavyweight Black Belt Ju-jitsu State Championships on Feb 19 in Richmond Indiana for the Alliance. I was in the Black Belt Super Fight.
    My reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Mr Hamby,

Thank your for your reply. I do appreciate your willingness to be open. In exchange for your openness I'll be forthright. So please don't take offense to anything I say or ask. Bullshido has been around for a number of years. We operate as a sort of Consumer Reports on Martial Arts. We make it a point to post knowledge we can gather of various schools and instructors. Your list of credentials is pretty amazing. It is just something I am trying to verify for our records. Your credentials were brought to my attention by someone who was curious as to if they were in fact legitimate. If you would be willing to verify each of these claims by answering the questions I posted previously I can then write an article about you and your school and post it so that your programs get added exposure. We do have over 100,000 members, so it's pretty good exposure. Thank you again for your reply, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
    Paul Romer
    I have a lot more. I'm just posting it in parts.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 9:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our next correspondance...

Paul,

Ok, I will star right now and get you all the information. I have nothing to hide, however for some reason I was just accused of me saying that I am a Lloyd Irvin BJJ Black Belt and there is no way this is true at all. His guys are truely some of the best in the world and I wanted to see if the same person that started this rumor about me, asked you for my information. Can you please tell me who asked because I am pretty sure that it is the same person. I have never shown nothing but respect to these fellow Martial Artist and I would not disgrace someone like that. Please let me know who is was and I will then send over the rest of the information for you, I will start typing it up so its ready to send upon your reply.

Thanks,
    Stuart
    Mr. Hamby,

That seems fair enough to me. In the interest of moving this forward, and hopefully getting this resolved quickly I am will to provide that. The person who directed me to you, and asked me to have bullshido check out your claims is James Clingerman of Indiana Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy. I look forward to your reply.

Yours Sincerely,
    Paul Romer
    as a note, I did get James' permission to disclose his name to Mr. Hamby. More coming...

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 9:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    next part...

Paul,

I see, so your instructor asked you to research me. I didn't realize I was a threat to him or his business. I have seen what has already been posted and I know that you are already coming into this with a pre-assumption of me because Mr. Clingerman is your instructor. And I realize you and him aren't worried about any of my credentials except the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu rank and maybe the Judo. I recieved these ranks from Grandmaster Phil Jones through the Black Belt Masters Association. I recieved the rank through him but I don't teach Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. I teach Japanese Ju-jitsu and I am not playing a word game with that either, that is what I was brought up in the Martial Arts world of Ju-jitsu knowing how to spell it. And I think there is a difference because Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is very very high level in IMO compared with other Martial Arts. I have nothing but respect for Mr. Clingerman and your website. I feel that it has turned the wrong way on me over I guess gym competition it seems. I have recieved this rank through Master Jones, but I don't claim to teach it. I know that no matter what I tell you or can prove to you probably won't end up good for me on your website because I feel you are already coming in trying to disgrace me because your instructor and a competing school asked you to do this.

I have respect for all of you and I have not tried to offend anyone. I did recieve this rank but I teach JJJ and I consider myself still very much a student in the art of BJJ. So with that, you now should know what you were really interested in. I can provide my other instructors and credentials and so on but I wouldn't want their names bashed on the internet. We all provide a service and a teaching in the Martial Arts world. I train people to a pretty high level at my school and I have made plenty of Champions in my school, and I have had some of the best fighters in Indiana come to train with me. If it wasn't for your instructor asking you to do this for him I could recommend a lot of people that really need researched. But I wouldn't try to hurt someones reputation no matter how much I dislike them to get a rise in my area. I am sorry you had to contact me under these circumstances, and I hope your instructor and yourself find someone else that didn't get their rank through someone as I did to bash next time. I wasn't a self appointed BJJ Black Belt like some of the other frauds in this state, I trained and tested and have certificates, whether or not my instructors credentials are on the same level as your I don't know. I know Mr. Clingerman is one of the best in the State and runs a very nice school. I hope this helps you with what you really need. Like I said I am sorry you have been asked by your instructor to research another school in your state and you being is student already puts me in the bad position. I know how loyal students are to their instructors, especially since you have been with him over a year. Thanks for contacting me and I hope I helped you. Hopefully you don't continue to bash me or my instructor and you look into some real frauds in this state instead of someone who came through the ranks from white belt under a instructor.
    Mr. Hamby,

Thank you for being forthcoming with the information. My relationship with Bullshido far precedes my relationship with James. Yes, he's my instructor. However this does not influence me in the slightest. I, and bullshido, pride ourselves on our impartiality while conducting investigations. We've had a number of investigated individuals actually turn out to be totally legit with all their claims and we make it a point to keep that information visible so people understand there's no wrong doing. Just for clarity's sake I hope you won't mind just giving me a quick list answer to all the bullet points I listed. We actually care about all information, not just BJJ and Judo. If it turns out that you are a victim of being fraudulently awarded rank we will proceed to further check into them. If they are legit instructors with legit rank and then there will be no bashing. In fact if there is bashing of a legitimate instructor I'll make it a point to discipline those individuals as I am an administrator on the site. All I need is:

- What competitions/orgs awarded you a State Championship?
    - What shows you've fought on, and the results (and whether amateur or pro).
    - Which organization and instructor your earned your TKD BB under.
    - Who gave you your BJJ Black Belt. (I believe you said this is Phil Jones. Is he Phil Jones of House of Pain/Crawfords MMA/American JuJitsu by chance?)
    - Who gave you your JJJ BB?
    - Who gave your your AJJ BB? (I'm going to assume this is the same Phil Jones, but correct me if I'm wrong)
    - Who gave your your Black Sash in Tai Chi?
    - Who gave you your 5th Dan in MMA?
    - Who gave you your 2nd Dan in Judo? (Was this tied to Phil Jones as well?)
    - What grappling competitions have you competed in?

Thank you for being prompt in your replies, and forthcoming with information. As mentioned before any instructors that you provide will not be attacked if their credentials are legitimate. Thanks again.

Yours Sincerely,
    Paul Romer
    Still more coming...

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 9:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next part:

Paul,

Well, I am sorry for doubting your job process. Like I said before I don't have anything to hide, I recieved my rank through these instructors. I know some are very very legit others I questioned but they were still making me better, aka Phil so I continued to learn. I know a self appointed BJJ Black Belt that runs a school and supposebly he is a 4th degree black belt in Judo and Jiu-jitsu but ive never heard of him competing and Ive seen people under Black Belt tap him out repeatably in class, not just by catching them. He to me is a true criminal of the arts, atleast I went through someone to get my rank. I answered your questions, hopefully it helps and hopefully my instuctors and myself aren't bashed because we know we train and have a great lineage in our Martial Arts. Thaks and sorry again. hope I didn't affend you and I still respect you and Mr. Clingerman, I just feel like I am being targeted for no reason or feel that if Phil rank isnt as high as he has said atleast he has rank under someone and a org not just a self appointed Black Belt. They are the ones that need looked into.

What competitions/orgs awarded you a State Championship? The AMAA, The American Martial Arts Alliance
    - What shows you've fought on, and the results (and whether amateur or pro). Ammy and Premier, Ffs, and Michigan Fight League. 9-0, 4ko-4sub-1dec. I don't think I have competed in any sanctioned shows and the internet only shows me as 1-0 for some reason. I am now turning pro but have not competed in proffesional MMA as of yet.
    - Which organization and instructor your earned your TKD BB under. AMAA under Master Borden.
    - Who gave you your BJJ Black Belt. (I believe you said this is Phil Jones. Is he Phil Jones of House of Pain/Crawfords MMA/American JuJitsu by chance?) I am not 100% sure, I know he has helped and been in with a lot of Gyms. I don't think he is affiliated with House of Pain though or Crawfords MMA. His rank came through the Alliance.
    - Who gave you your JJJ BB? The USJJF where you found my name already.
    - Who gave your your AJJ BB? (I'm going to assume this is the same Phil Jones, but correct me if I'm wrong) No this is the USJJF as well.
    - Who gave your your Black Sash in Tai Chi? Grandmaster Rama Strong Bear
    - Who gave you your 5th Dan in MMA? O wow thats a typo, I just seen the myspace, I have a first degree rank in MMA. I don't even think a 5th degree in MMA makes sense, thanks for pointing that out. Sorry for that confusion.
    - Who gave you your 2nd Dan in Judo? (Was this tied to Phil Jones as well?) Yes this was Phil Jones.
    - What grappling competitions have you competed in? NAGA and Alliance, Arnold Classic and competing in the Arnold in two weeks.Also the Trojan Warrior classic multiple times and a few school associated tournaments through other schools.
    Mr. Hamby,

Thank you very much for answering the questions. The only one left, and I apologize for leaving this off the bullet point, was where did you do your JJJ training? Thank you again.

Yours Sincerely,
    Paul Romer
    Hahns Martial Arts for awhile then continued when I opened my own school with same instructors.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 9:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have since sent an email to Mr. Borden, his instructor with the AMAA asking about his TKD BB and also if he knows anything about this 'Phil Jones' who gave him his BJJ and Judo ranks as he said Phil Jones got his rank through the AMAA. The website for the AMAA can be found here:
    http://www.amaatkd.com/

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 10:01pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also plan to check in with Premier Fights here in Indiana as well as the Michigan Fight League to see if they have record of him ever fighting.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/22/2011 10:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep hahns is what I found earlier no need to post the link to the school.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast