2/19/2011 12:05am, #1
Stuart Hamby - Fierce Martial Arts
Ok, so this gentleman was brought to my attention today. He actually runs a school not that far from me down in New Castle, IN. I plan to contact him directlly shortly, but I wanted to post the info I've found before he gets a chance to change it. Anyway here are his claims:
- I have been doing Martial Arts since I was 4 Years old.
- I have done just about everything you can do in the martial arts world.
- I am a State and National Champion.
- I am a undefeated mixed martial arts fighter.
- I am a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- I Black Belt in Brazilian Jujitsu, Japanese Jujitsu, and American jujitsu.
- And I am a Black Sash in Tai Chi.
- A 5th Dan in MMA.
- And a 2nd Degree in Judo.
This all comes from his MySpace page at:
He doesn't appear to have an actual website for his gym. He just has myspace and facebook pages. Here they all are:
I've attached a screen grab of the important stuff should he change it later. Anyway, here's the start. I'll follow up when/if I get responses from him about his claims.
Last edited by Wolf; 2/19/2011 1:38am at .
2/19/2011 12:14am, #2
2/19/2011 12:20am, #3
He is listed on Sherdog at 170 lbs as 0-0, so I guess he is technically 'undefeated'.
He doesn't say 'state' or 'national' champion in what, so god knows what he could mean.
Also, a 5th Dan in MMA? Really?"That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid
2/19/2011 12:22am, #4
MMA.TV has him at 1-0. He fought as an amateur at Chris Lytle's Red Cobra Fights. It goes down as NSF because it was a Not Sanctioned Fight. I was actually at the event I believe.
2/19/2011 11:47am, #5
Update. Finally tracked down an email address for the gym. Sent this. Waiting for reply...
I am a staff member at Bullshido.Net. Your MySpace profile was brought to my attention as your are a local instructor at Fierce Martial Arts. You have some pretty incredible credentials. I was hoping you could shed some light on some things for future prospective students.
1) You mention that you are a "State and National Champion." Could list the competitions that you acheived your champion status in?
2) You list yourself as an undefeated MMA fighter. Is this amateur or pro, and can you list the events you've competed in?
3) You are a Black Belt in Taekwondo. What is your lineage in this art? Specifically who was your instructor and under what organization?
4) You are a Black Belt in Brazilian Jujitsu. Who promoted you to this rank? Also, have you competed, and if so where and what were the results?
5) You are a Black Belt in Japanese Jujitsu. Who promoted you to this rank, and what specific discipline of Japanese Jujitsu is the black belt in?
6) You are a Black Belt in American Jujitsu. Who promoted you to this rank?
7) You are a Black Sash in Tai Chi. Who promoted you to this rank?
8) You are a 5th Dan in MMA. Who promoted you to this rank?
9) You are a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Judo. Who promoted you to this rank, and what organization is your belt under? Further have you competed and if so where?
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and hopefully respond to this.
2/19/2011 12:10pm, #6
Anyway, I'm wondering if he is playing the spelling game.
United States Ju-Jitsu Federation.
Stuart R. Hamby, 1st Dan
We already had this devolve in another thread, that was culled into YMAS. What you copied has the semantic based spelling of "JU." Yes, it is wrong IMO.
Also, he is listed here as a BB:
I don't know what this means but:
I am a Ju-jitsu student and teacher and I am just looking to broaden my game.
2/19/2011 12:42pm, #7
As for the other link, that's just his profile on Marcelo Montiero's community site. He put that information in there and it's not verified by anyone.
2/19/2011 12:50pm, #8Well the USJJF would I guess satisfy the BB in "American Jujitsu," however the fact that he's very clear on his myspace about saying Brazilian Jujitsu makes that part worth looking in to. I may have missed something somewhere, but I haven't seen an organization for Brazilian JUJITSU that is seperate from the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu that is common.
5th in MMA? No semantics game and it would be an in house unrecognized claim.
2nd Degree in Judo? It is either in house or legit, No Semantics game.
I know I'm pointing out he is very careful to use the JU not the Jiu version even on a BJJ website.
2/19/2011 12:54pm, #9
Yeah. I get what you're saying, and I understand where it could go. Either way he seems to have some sort of 'Jujitsu' rank from an org, be it shady or not. I'm at least going to ask about the Brazilian claim. If he wants to step back on that then we can go from there. Either way he has at least once claimed a BB in Brazilian 'Jujitsu'.
2/19/2011 12:58pm, #10
Oh, I didn't mean not to ask. More stopping the terrible derail that may occur.
Like this one:
I think it is a load of crap, but don't want the huge derail. I should have been clearer. I think I may have found his TKD school. I'll wait to post that information after he responds.