Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a boy puts himself in a competition where he can get hurt, his idea. But it probably means he can handle himself too, so wrestle (or fight depending on style of competition). Just remember, if he gets hurt, it was his idea in the first place.

Posted On:
    3/15/2011 7:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Another minute of my life I can't get back. And apparently they do some really gay things at raves in Australia.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 2:04am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Letting girls compete against the boys is a concession because there are not enough girls, not a right because the girls are on an equal field and are deserving of better competition.
    The young female wrestlers in the video i posted agree and that is why we have a female division here for competition.
    That is not to say there aren't girls that will do well, i posted the Alo sisters video to that effect, just that the assertion that "everyone is equal" is bullshit and chafes my hide.
    That are no women who regularly beat men in combat sports at the highest level.
    To assert that we are on the same field is ludicrous.
    As i said earlier i do not expect the women to empathize with a guy not wanting to bully a girl.
    *confused face*

What synapses were firing in your brain to connect what I wrote to what you wrote?

For the record, I think I've been saying longer THAN YOU'VE BEEN A MEMBER that all women will always in general be physically inferior to all men. Within the sub set of both groups there will be specific differences: i.e. I am probably much stronger than a lot of men my height and weight because I work out a lot.

MY issue is not that, it's to do with anyone assigning MORAL OR SOCIAL superiority based on gender. And then calling it "woman-positive". It's fucking BIGOTRY and CONDESCENDING BIGOTRY at that. WOMEN are not BETTER than MEN. We are all just people, each evil in our own way (though to be fair, nearly all of the truly evil people I have met in my life have been women).

HAVING A VAGINA IS NOT A SIGN OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ABILITY TO BE BIRTHING BABIES (I mean, not me, I had myself fixed-yay modern medicine!) AND THE POSSESSION OF THE HORMONES THAT MAKE YOU WEEPY AND FAT.

But by the same token, having one doesn't make me less anything either, other than physically. I'm just a person, gender is irrelevant to just about all of life these days and guys, if your girlfriend is claiming she has PMS and is abusing you, the fucking bitch is LYING.

PMS IS A CROCK.

Though I'd just add that for good measure. And so, adieu for now.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 4:39am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ must be that time of the month

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 1:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The kid didn't say women were inferior, or that it was related to sexuality. He said because of his religious beliefs he shouldn't wrestle with a girl.

It may not be your or my religious belief, but why not respect his religious beliefs as his, and in the spirit of diversity, accept that he was willing to take a loss in the tournament rather than go against his beliefs? Tolerance is the ability to accept that other opinions are not inherently wrong - he did what was right for his situation - did what he believed to be the most honorable course of action.

At least he didn't sue the tournament or expect some special accommodation for his cultural & religious beliefs. He made a brief statement and bowed out of the match as gracefully as possible.
    Last edited by Mark 42; 3/16/2011 2:05pm at .

Posted On:
    3/17/2011 1:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick View Post
    *confused face*

What synapses were firing in your brain to connect what I wrote to what you wrote?
    Probably none but i'll give it a shot anyhow...

For the record, I think I've been saying longer THAN YOU'VE BEEN A MEMBER that all women will always in general be physically inferior to all men. Within the sub set of both groups there will be specific differences: i.e. I am probably much stronger than a lot of men my height and weight because I work out a lot.
    Then why is this kid such a jerk for not wanting to hurt a girl?

MY issue is not that, it's to do with anyone assigning MORAL OR SOCIAL superiority based on gender. And then calling it "woman-positive". It's fucking BIGOTRY and CONDESCENDING BIGOTRY at that. WOMEN are not BETTER than MEN. We are all just people, each evil in our own way (though to be fair, nearly all of the truly evil people I have met in my life have been women).
    Aren't you doing just that in support of the girl?

HAVING A VAGINA IS NOT A SIGN OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ABILITY TO BE BIRTHING BABIES (I mean, not me, I had myself fixed-yay modern medicine!) AND THE POSSESSION OF THE HORMONES THAT MAKE YOU WEEPY AND FAT.

But by the same token, having one doesn't make me less anything either, other than physically. I'm just a person, gender is irrelevant to just about all of life these days and guys, if your girlfriend is claiming she has PMS and is abusing you, the fucking bitch is LYING.

PMS IS A CROCK.

Though I'd just add that for good measure. And so, adieu for now.
    (my bold)
    Yet you just said women are physically weaker.
    So by the same token, he is justified in not wanting to bully a girl.
    I feel people are injecting so many of their own beliefs and hangups that they cannot separate them from the facts presented.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2011 3:29pm

Style: Okinawan Go Ju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK this whole Boy V Girl thing is a really touchy subject obviously, but chicks are no different from dudes. We have a wang, they don't. We can't even say that guys are naturally a bigger build then girls anymore, look at this guys skinnier than anorexic girls? But same saying a lot of guys have physical size and strength over chicks. But you noticed that this girl most likely understood all of this and joined anyway. If she was in competition, she was in it to win it. If not to win, but to better herself.

I attended a cat'lic school for elementary and I was raised to NEVER hit a woman no matter the cirumstances. Then I attended a Karate dojo where fighting girls was a normal everyday occurance. Sparring, I had my ass handed to me cause I wouldn't hit a girl. How I was raised and the morals and principles that were drilled into my head prevented me from hitting a girl. But I got past it, now don't get me wrong, I WILL NEVER HIT A GIRL FOR NO OR **** REASON! This guy not going through with it is a good sign he treats women WELL. Treating girls well and with respect are two different things.

Women fought how hard to be considered equal to men, and the got their wish. But when it comes to being truely treated and respected as men, a lot pull the "I'm a tiny sensitive breakable girl" game. That pisses me off. But this girl wasn't like that, she WANTED to wrestle, WANTED to be RESPECTED in the sense that she CAN be equal to a man. She did this by stepping in the ring with other men, and taking them on in "combat."

The guy should've respected this girls choice to wrestle, but like me he was taught and raised to not hit women. If he actually held firm to those beliefs, like he showed, it would've taken more than just a pep talk to get him to wrestle her. He had a "habit" and habits are hard to break. Like I said about myself, I lost many matches cause of how I was taught, it took me awhile to break it. Either choice the guy made, both are equally respectable, and I definitly respect the girl for stepping in the ring. Just take it easy on the guy, I'm pretty not not all of you were raised to throw punches at women.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/17/2011 4:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes I wish we could close threads.

Posted On:
    3/17/2011 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread would be more interesting if it wasn't full of dudes angry because their Internet dating hasn't gone so well.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/17/2011 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    This thread would be more interesting if it wasn't full of dudes angry because their Internet dating hasn't gone so well.
    But I beat all of them in the deadlift competition I set up, and they still didn't like me!
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839