Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 12:56am

Style: 80's metal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mike Tyson in UFC?

I understand that at one point people wanted to get Mike Tyson into the UFC. I was talking to my friend about this, and he thought that Tyson would dominate. Personally, I could see him winning some fights, but against people his size who have grappling experience, I can't see him having a huge advantage. Anyone wanna speculate on how he would have done?
    PS. I searched and didn't find anything on this.
    PPS. I know speculating is kinda stupid but still...

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 1:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he has been trained and conditioned for boxing. Even if he had grappling training and Muay Thai to teach him kicks and knees, I'd still say he'd get owned by 90% of the fighters.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 1:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard a rumor he is going to fight Rickson in rickson's last fight, which is coming up very soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 1:22am

Style: Modern Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They've been saying Tyson was gonna be in the UFC for a long time. Every time the dyslexic bastard gets banned for his latest moronic stunt there have been rumbles of his showing up in the UFC. It'll never happen, though-his promoters don't wanna see him get raped in the Octagon. And keep in mind that he really isn't that good a boxer, when you think of the skill level of some MMA strikers then he'll get owned at his own game, let alone trying to play theirs.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 1:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right on by-the-throat. Right on.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 1:40am

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tyson may be a nutjob and a moron and a freak and will likely get his ass pwned in UFC, but he is definitely a good boxer.
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 1:50am

Style: boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you try to out box tyson in the octogon then your a **** job, if you want to play that game then get it done in a boxing ring and earn a **** load of cash dont piss around for hundreds of thousands when you could get millions win lose or draw.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 2:03am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is one fact: The UFC simply doesn't have the payroll to pay for a Tyson fight. If they paid Tyson even a small percentage of what he's used to, they'd end up having to increase payment for several other fighters too, and it would just be costly. IF he shows up in MMA at all, he's more likely to be seen in Pride.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 2:04am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by by-the-throat
    And keep in mind that he really isn't that good a boxer, when you think of the skill level of some MMA strikers then he'll get owned at his own game, let alone trying to play theirs.
    If you think Tyson isn't that good of a boxer, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Mike Tyson isn't a good boxer compared to who? Lewis? Hollyfield? Two other guys that have been the absolute best in their division in their time. Same as Tyson.

With the exception of Rampage, I haven't seen anyone in MMA demonstrate real boxing skill. Most of the "good" strikers charge in with straight 1-2 punches. Thats what Liddell did against Jackson, and that's why he got schooled. Because Rampage knows how to box, and consistently beat Liddell to the punch. And hit Liddell without getting hit himself. That's what good boxers do against brawlers. Yet Jackson isn't close to Tyson's caliber, otherwise he'd be boxing, where money is a hell of a lot better at the championship level. Tyson is a brawler compared to say, Holyfield or Lewis, but compared to the strikers in MMA, he's a masterful technician.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2004 2:14am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by brandeissansoo
    I heard a rumor he is going to fight Rickson in rickson's last fight, which is coming up very soon.
    that'd be interesting! and imagine if RICKSON loses!!!! (yeaaaaa right)
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast