Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 2:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shaolin Monk's Spade Form

This is a really well done monk's spade set ("chan zhang?", help me out here) by a sifu of my Hung Ga lineage in Crete, Greece.

I think this is my favorite of all CMA weapons, such a lethal and interesting design, heavy but deceptively fast, and you can use it as handy gardening tool!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2011 1:35am

Style: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watching that and comparing it with the 6.5 Pole Form...I feel lazy.

Posted On:
    2/17/2011 9:23am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a machinist for a student once, and he custom-made a monk's spade for me. I'm not exactly sure how he managed to get a piece of battleship armour, or all of that depleted uranium, but he did a great job.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/17/2011 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've never seen a monk's spade form in any tang fung hung ga school, where did they get it from?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/17/2011 2:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, I was going to ask the same thing.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    2/17/2011 5:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dug a little and in one of their videos they posted a comment with their lineage. I know Shu Pui Cheung taught mostly in Hong Kong and Philadelphia.

"Tang fong ---> ho lap tin ---> Shu Pui Cheung ----> Antonis Iatrakis ---> Konstantinos kiriakakis (who is my master ) ---- > Stelios xrisogelos (with the spear)"

Here is video of the last two with what I think is a traditional hung ga weapon (eight trigram spear) and cane (definitely not a hung ga weapon).

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/17/2011 5:21pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/17/2011 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I dug a little and in one of their videos they posted a comment with their lineage. I know Shu Pui Cheung taught mostly in Hong Kong and Philadelphia.

"Tang fong ---> ho lap tin ---> Shu Pui Cheung ----> Antonis Iatrakis ---> Konstantinos kiriakakis (who is my master ) ---- > Stelios xrisogelos (with the spear)"

Here is video of the last two with what I think is a traditional hung ga weapon (eight trigram spear) and cane (definitely not a hung ga weapon).
    When I did choy li fut, there was a broadsword vs spear form that we'd do using a cane instead of a broadsword (because a broadsword will tear up a spear during practice, and nobody wants to get hit with a blade). That video almost looks like the same thing is happening, except at some point he flips the cane around.