233647 Bullies, 4011 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 4:24pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I probably do around 10-15 miles in a given week.

Here's one thing about running that I can't say the same about jits: maybe it's just for me, but I burn fat like nobody's business when I'm running regularly.

If it weren't for the Army, I wouldn't be running at all though. Stupid PT test.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 5:24pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I probably do around 10-15 miles in a given week.

Here's one thing about running that I can't say the same about jits: maybe it's just for me, but I burn fat like nobody's business when I'm running regularly.

If it weren't for the Army, I wouldn't be running at all though. Stupid PT test.
    Another reason for me to stay away from it. I'm already scrawny as hell with super low body fat. The LAST thing I need is to lose any more! I need a cheeseburger....

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was training to be a kung fu instructor, the sifu had us run two miles every Saturday morning, and we had to beat our time each week. This went on for months, and I ended up being the fastest one there (I think at the end I was down to around 12:40 for 2 miles). It kinda made me hate running and I haven't really been into it since (it's been years). I prefer to jump rope for cardio.

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 5:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I need a cheeseburger....
    You and me both...

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    When I was training to be a kung fu instructor, the sifu had us run two miles every Saturday morning, and we had to beat our time each week. This went on for months, and I ended up being the fastest one there (I think at the end I was down to around 12:40 for 2 miles). It kinda made me hate running and I haven't really been into it since (it's been years). I prefer to jump rope for cardio.
    I know a guy (a chunner, actually) that swears by jumprope, and he's in ridiculously great shape. I just can't bring myself to try it.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    once a week? why only once? if you are training for a 10k run, you need to up that to 3x id say.

running is good basic conditioning for the legs and the gas tank. requires no equipment, can be done while doing something else (for example getting to/from work) and has a mentally toughening effect. is also one of the better ways to improve your VO2 levels.

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 8:04pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Running is a pretty vital conditioning tool if your gym doesn't offer morning classes. When I'm fighting I do 1.2miles a session, three times a week.

I hate running with a passion, I'd rather go three rounds with a professional out to hurt me than do my morning interval sprint training. I find it impossible for anyone to push me as hard in sparring or pad work as i can be pushed running, my body is too well trained to steal those moments of break.

Overall distance is unimportant for most fight conditioning, the two factors that matter are intensity and time. I run 400m intervals (2-3mins) with one minute breaks five times, someone who has better running technique might have to do 600m for the same heart bursting effect.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 10:23pm

Style: MT, BJJ, BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I run to work (1.5 miles each way 3-5 days a week). I've been doing that for months, but I recently started adding a morning run with some friends that is 3.1 miles 6 days a week. I have good flexibility, and I run barefoot, but my shins are still feeling pretty rough these last 2 weeks.

I traditionally hate running, but I like hanging out with the group that I run with. We are going to be entering a 5k event in a few months and my competitive nature is helping with my apathy for running.

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 10:49pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I try my hardest to run/jog at least 4-5days a week about 3-6 miles each time. I jog slow and fast. with sprints in between and some push ups between laps/distance. Stretch before and after :)

Diet is very important as well don't underestimate it :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 2:31am

Style: Kyokushin, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate running. I'll do it if I have to like during practice, but it's hard to get motivated to go running vs. lifting weights for me.

Jumping rope ftw!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast