Administrator

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 12:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by holycrap View Post
    running my mouth? guy your misunderstaning me.. i am saying what would you do at this point .. this is my last post.. i seem to be coming across wrong..
    The reason I say that is because you called people keyboard warriors, told them to show up at your school and you put your name on the thread implying people need to specifically come find you. All because YOU didn't understand the argument and took the comments personally.

Yes, I considered that running your mouth.

i am saying what would you do at this point
    I told you:
    I just researched, read, LISTENED, and understood the argument
    Yes, that's me telling you what I did in YOUR EXACT SAME POSITION. You should listen to the argument, do your own research, read everything and make your own decision.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 1:48pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    running my mouth? guy your misunderstaning me.. i am saying what would you do at this point .. this is my last post.. i seem to be coming across wrong..

In BJJ, lineage is very important so if you have an instructor that made himself a black belt then any rank higher than a brown belt is worthless in the BJJ community.

Do you guys compete in any IBJJF or ABJJF tournaments or just Grapplers Quest and other small local tournaments. I guarantee if your instructor tries to compete in an IBJJF tournament he won't be able to until a legit 2nd degree black belt signs him off as a certified black belt. Who is going to do that for him? I don't think too many people will.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 2:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj boxing mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thnks Jnp for the response.. @team python we compete at the naga and grapplers quest. i found this out yesterday.. googled it and came to this thread.. and I really dont know the whole story yet .. its very confusing at the moment .I am questioning the last 5 years kinda..
    I only said "i am not a good keyboard warrior" and that was directed at "its a fake" and no one else and my offer to roll with others was to answer if we were legit. not a tought guy offer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 2:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thnks Jnp for the response.. @team python we compete at the naga and grapplers quest. i found this out yesterday.. googled it and came to this thread.. and I really dont know the whole story yet .. its very confusing at the moment .I am questioning the last 5 years kinda..
    I only said "i am not a good keyboard warrior" and that was directed at "its a fake" and no one else and my offer to roll with others was to answer if we were legit. not a tought guy offer.

If you are happy being there then stay there but if you plan on being a black belt some day and open your own school you are fucking yourself if you stay with him. If I was you I would go somewhere else but that is my opinion. I knew when I joined BJJ I was going to do it for the rest of my life so I worked my ass off training and putting in hard work to earn my black belt.

I would never claim to be anything I am not. It is called integrity and it is obvious your instructor does not have it. Mr. Lewis took the easy road and made himself a black belt instead of earning it like I did. That should tell you a lot about his character.

To me there is nothing to be confused about...you and the other students were lied to. What else has he lied about?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 2:22pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only said "i am not a good keyboard warrior" and that was directed at "its a fake"
    Yes, and where exactly has anyone in this thread, including me said you guys have no skill. Like I said you brought up keyboard warrior, asked people to roll, and gave your name. Sarcasm doesn't change what you said.
    Go ahead and backtrack all you want.
    Where did I say anyone had no skill?
    Where did I say I could kick any ass on the mat?
    Asking questions and telling you that you will get banned makes me a keyboard warrior? LOL.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 2:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and my offer to roll with others was to answer if we were legit.
    Which was made when people specifically stated it has to do with your instructor's self awarding of rank not your school's physical skill. It was clarified numerous times, but YOU can't let it go.

Figure out what you want to do and quit posting in this thread. All you are doing is keeping it at the top of google searches. The question is now answered.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 2:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj boxing mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sure i want to be a black belt.. i never thought i'd make it to purple. I was happy there until this came up. I have to talk to him. I respect what your saying.. this was the conversation i was hoping to have ..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 2:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sure i want to be a black belt.. i never thought i'd make it to purple. I was happy there until this came up. I have to talk to him. I respect what your saying.. this was the conversation i was hoping to have ..

If you go somewhere else you might be able to keep your purple belt but if you don't you will probably excel fast back to purple belt. The important thing is at least you will be legit and feel good about yourself.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 2:57pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sure i want to be a black belt.. i never thought i'd make it to purple.
    Now, take what you just said and reread this post from jnp.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I've spent ten years sweating and bleeding on the mat, putting in the hard work to get to the rank of brown belt. I spent five years as a purple belt trying to figure out what I needed to do to get to brown. During this period I NEVER even thought of promoting myself. Nor have countless other practitioners of the art who have struggled to progress. To do so would dishonor our commitment to BJJ.

If Mr. Lewis promoted himself to the rank of black belt, he has severely dishonored both our arts. That is my opinion.

There are Brown Belts all over the world, for whatever reason, who have not been awarded their BJJ Black Belt. There are quite a few that have put in more time than your instructor that are not Black Belts. They have the integrity to either keep training, teaching, and competing at their CURRENTLY EARNED Rank or quit and move to a new school. That is the issue Self awarding leads to the problems that have made arts like TKD, Kung Fu, Karate and other arts become McDojos.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/29/2011 10:15pm at .

Posted On:
    10/23/2011 7:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You said you knew about the self appointed black belt, when did you find out about this?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast