Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/09/2011 10:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I shouldn't, but did he really name drop to avoid the question?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/09/2011 11:09pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exemplary work Uncle Skippy.

Let your post stand as a testament to the fact that professionalism will accomplish more than name calling or character attacks ever will.
    Last edited by jnp; 10/09/2011 11:14pm at .
    Shut the hell up and train.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 4:07pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Okay I shouldn't, but did he really name drop to avoid the question?
    Yes. He basically said "ask this other guy about my history".

Admittedly, that made me just lose my cool. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not anywhere near his school, nor do I think I will ever have the opportunity to roll with him or his students. But, him doing something like that, letting someone else answer questions about his training history, letting someone else bear that burden instead doing it himself, is just maddening.

So, not only does it appear that he did rank himself, but when asked simple questions about his training history in a VERY non-confrontational manner, he lets his friend and current instructor be the one to speak for him.

I'm sorry. That is just completely ridiculous and lacking of integrity. I know that Mr Lewis has been hounded before and I'm sure that, from his perspective, it is getting very old. All I wanted to do was let him provide his own information which he partially did in his first e-mail. Subsequently hiding behind his friend and instructor is just ... I can't even think of an appropriate word for it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 8:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is always funny to me. It is really simple don't rank yourself or find someone willing to take your money and rank you. The end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 1:17am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well here is a video I found on Mr. Lewis and he is wearing a black belt. That is one thing about Grapplers Quest they don't verify black belts like IBJJF does so anybody can compete as a black belt in Grapplers Quest. I did not find any videos on him competing in any IBJJF competitions. I wonder why?

http://youtu.be/iHwmN4Wq00A

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 10:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj boxing mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so posting that i am a student of the person in question here is not informative enough for this thread. my post was deleted twice and i may be banned lol.. how is this? yes scott did promote himself.. I know his skills are not in question here ,, he rolls with any one who comes in and competes often . we just did very good at the naga yesterday, and the ngo the week before.. I am a purple belt under him and I do fine against other school.. if your in the area 9the person who started this thread) come down or go to another school. Scott is not forcing anyone of us to stay... we train with him because he is a good instructor . my name is michael you can roll with me if you want .. i have only trained bjj under scott. so see if I am legit. otherwise get over it ... how is this thread overlord?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 10:48am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by holycrap View Post
    so posting that i am a student of the person in question here is not informative enough for this thread. my post was deleted twice and i may be banned lol.. how is this? yes scott did promote himself.. I know his skills are not in question here ,, he rolls with any one who comes in and competes often . we just did very good at the naga yesterday, and the ngo the week before.. I am a purple belt under him and I do fine against other school.. if your in the area 9the person who started this thread) come down or go to another school. Scott is not forcing anyone of us to stay... we train with him because he is a good instructor . my name is michael you can roll with me if you want .. i have only trained bjj under scott. so see if I am legit. otherwise get over it ... how is this thread overlord?
    Your posts have not been deleted. We don't do that around here. They have been moved here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109808

This forum is moderated for on topic and informative content. Your previous 2 posts did not meet the necessary requirements to leave them here. Know the rules of the forum you're posting in before you decide to complain.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 10:53am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He knows, he is angry. Read my infraction and look at the keywords in his post. I provided everything including the rules and his new thread. He is angry that he can earn a ban so, he has to act like he posted on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by IiF sent to holycrap
    Hello and welcome to bullshido.

The sub-forum you were posting in has specific rules to follow. The main rule is that you add substance to the thread. Training with the guy means absolutely nothing unless you add information to the thread. Your two posts have been removed and placed in this thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109808

Here are the main rules of MABS:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57547

If you continue to post uninformative posts, in that particular thread, you will get points and eventually earn yourself a permanent ban from this website.
    Title: Self appointed BJJ Blackbelt?
    holycrap: yes scott did promote himself..

So, he didn't earn his BJJ Black Belt in a legitimate fashion as questioned in this thread. Funny how it took two simple sentences and the threat of a ban to get you to post something useful to the thread.

My Overlord job is done until next time.

The end.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/16/2011 11:00am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:13am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by holycrap View Post

WTF? and you think that is okay for someone to promote themselves to a black belt. That is a disgrace to all that have earned their ranks through years of hard work. If he could self promote himself to black belt this makes me question all his ranks in BJJ.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj boxing mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh guys,, i am not complaining or mad.. i am not a mamber of any forum or plan to stay at this one. its not my thing ... just posted i am student of scotts so if any one wanted to ask me a question they could.. here i am just speaking for my mind.. again if there you want to find out if we are legit come down,, othere wise let it go already.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast