Sponsored Links Spacer Image

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 7:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed. Though, I will say in CroCop's defense that at least he tested himself in the UFC. He could have done just as well as Fedor fighting guys in Strikeforce.

:)

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 6:43am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going from fighting in a ring, to a cage is a harder transition for some, than others. Crocop's style was most effective in the ring.

I don't see Fedor cutting to 205. If he did, I think he'd maul a lot of guys, but it's not really his way. I don't see the whole he didn't prove himself in the ufc. SF has the better HW's.

Bigfoot looked much better in this fight than before, and earned the win. He may shock us and take the whole thing. What's certain is now, with many fighters cutting down to 265, the times are a changin'.

Anderson cuts from HW to fight where he does, bit that's not everyone's way. I'm hoping against it, but I think Fedor will call it.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 7:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SF has the better HW's.
    SF has managed to put together a decent roster, but they don't have a better one. They basically had Fedor and Overeem (and Fedor just dropped 2 and has been fighting beneath his level for the last several fights before that). Werdum was a mid level guy in the UFC and is now one of the strongest on the SF roster. Barnett hasn't fought in years. Arlovski is a shadow of his former self. Big Foot is promising, but what was his big accomplishment before being in this tourny, EliteXc champ?

Now that Fedor has lost a step, the only guy on the SF force roster who might have a chance against the top UFC HW's is 'Reem. And even he is relatively untested.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Going from fighting in a ring, to a cage is a harder transition for some, than others. Crocop's style was most effective in the ring.
    people often say this but i really dont see it, in what way did cro cop use the ring to his advantage? the reason cro cop got owned in UFC is because he would get in the cage and not DO anything. he just stands there, waiting to get hit with his horrible defense and lack of head movement, by guys 40 pounds heavier than him. has nothing to do with what is keeping him in there, he just doesnt fucking fight.

I don't see Fedor cutting to 205. If he did, I think he'd maul a lot of guys, but it's not really his way. I don't see the whole he didn't prove himself in the ufc. SF has the better HW's.
    see this is why i disregard almost anything you say. who the **** has SF got in the HW division other than overoids? Fedor? hes at the end of his career and is just coming off two losses. Arlovski? 4 losses in a row, all by KO. he needs to retire before he gets retired. Bigfoot? hes ok, but nothing about the guy stands out. Werdum has skills, Barnett is a bit of an unknown considering how long he has been out. Rogers? lol.

compare that with the UFC HW roster, with guys like Carwin, Lesnar, Velasquez, and Dos Santos at the top. then you have guys like Barry, Nog and Mir... it isnt even a contest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 2:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to start a war or anything, but Fedor loses two in a row and he's "finished"? I don't know about that. If he's mentally still in it, there's a long way he can still go. Look at Couture. On the other hand, it's not at all clear whether he still wants to fight on or not.

Alex "compare that with the UFC HW roster, with guys like Carwin, Lesnar, Velasquez, and Dos Santos at the top. then you have guys like Barry, Nog and Mir... it isnt even a contest. "

With respect, Barry got owned by Cro Cop whom you just trashed. Mir had a yawn fest with Crocop which he didn't really look all that great in. Nog ... well, I still cheer (and hope) for Nog but he looks like he's on the way down, to be honest.

I'll admit that the UFC roster is better, but only marginally better. And that's mainly due to your top three guys in Velasquez, Dos Santos and Carwin.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 7:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to start a war or anything, but Fedor loses two in a row and he's "finished"?
    It's more than just a straight win/loss analysis. You also have to consider how he looked in his 2 losses, and even how he looked in his last couple wins. Both Rogers (lol) and Arlovski hurt him before they themselves got caught. He looked pretty lackluster in his loss to Werdum, and Silva straight-up MAULED him. And then you have to consider the quality of his competition. You consider all that, and yeah, I'd say he's about done. ANythig can happen, of course, but that's how it looks to me.

With respect, Barry got owned by Cro Cop whom you just trashed. Mir had a yawn fest with Crocop which he didn't really look all that great in. Nog ... well, I still cheer (and hope) for Nog but he looks like he's on the way down, to be honest.
    Dude, Barry lost to a more experienced CroCop that he was starstruck by. But wins over Hardonk and Beltran show he has potential. Mir would walk through 80% of the SF roster. And Nog isn't what he once was, but hasn't fallen quite as far as other former Pride guys. If he went to SF he'd be one of their top guys.

Again, I like what SF is doing and think they have put together an exciting GP. But there really is no doubt in my mind who has the better HW roster, especially now that Fedor is having problems.

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 7:18am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I agree the UFC does STILL have the stronger division despite all the hype surrounding this Tournament.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JudOwned makes a good argument re. Fedor. I hope he's wrong. But I think he may be over-rating Mir a tad ... ;)

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCS View Post
    Not to start a war or anything, but Fedor loses two in a row and he's "finished"? I don't know about that. If he's mentally still in it, there's a long way he can still go. Look at Couture. On the other hand, it's not at all clear whether he still wants to fight on or not.
    couture got smart and dropped a weight class, i dont see fedor doing the same tbh. really comparing the two is like apples and oranges.

Alex "compare that with the UFC HW roster, with guys like Carwin, Lesnar, Velasquez, and Dos Santos at the top. then you have guys like Barry, Nog and Mir... it isnt even a contest. "

thats why i put them down a tier. and that tier of HW is where i would put the best of the SF HW's at, with the exception of Overroids. also, did you even see that barry/cro cop fight? Barry could have (should have) ended that in the first round. he did cro cop a favour.

I'll admit that the UFC roster is better, but only marginally better. And that's mainly due to your top three guys in Velasquez, Dos Santos and Carwin.
    its a fair bit better.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 3:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cro Cop was better on roids
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast