Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/07/2011 1:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm a Fata**, I want to change this

I am a huge man yes i would say obese. I want to change this and decided I am tired of killing myself slowly. So I started exercising and eating better (the past 3 weeks) been doing pretty good already lost weight then ...

as i was coming home here in Chicago i slipped on an ice patch and hurt my knee really good.

I don't want to be sitting on my ass losing all the work i did and i am very intimidated by gyms (been doing the work at home) so i don't have access to say a pool or anything.

is there anything i can do to at least do some cardio without messing up my good leg, did some resistance band work today while sitting (I know ... tried to stand but knee couldn't take it for long)

felt ok but was wondering if there was anything else i can do.

thanks for the help

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2011 2:50am

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you have access to?? Any home gym gear?? dumbells?? free weights of any kind??.I ask not because i feel i have any decent advice to give but there will be others who DO have good advice and will prolly want to know as well.

If you don't have access to a pool i'm not sure what there is in the way of cardio exercise,but a good weights workout will still burn energy. Any kind of workout will burn energy,but as to wheather its worth the effort instead of taking it easy to heal?? i have no idea. Start thinking outside the box for exercise ideas. Seated Tricep presses?? Google is your friend for new exercise ideas,that and Search Function on here.

Posted On:
    2/07/2011 3:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have some free weights and dumbbells as well as resistance bands

Posted On:
    2/07/2011 3:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never mind

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/07/2011 3:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW i have started to see some real weight loss, improvment in cardio and recovery time by cutting Gluten aka wheat and other stuff with gluten in it out my diet, it's hard to do, but can be very effective

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2011 8:15pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that if you think it away, the fat will just leave your body. :5shocking

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2011 10:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did your Primary care physician tell you how long you would be out with your knee ? Don't do a drastic diet, but think of it as eating better.

If you can't do cardio, then do the weights. Work you Biceps, triceps, and do some shoulder work. You can even do some lat work. By the way make sure your PCP says that your in good enough health to work out, IE: Blood pressure, cholesterol etc.

Posted On:
    2/08/2011 10:52pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop being a bitch and go to that pool. If thinking that other people might laugh at your chubs is stopping you from swimming remind yourself of this; we are already laughing at your chubs when your shirt is on.

Weight loss, especially for a huge man like yourself, is 90% diet. It is very much possible for you to drop kilos a week without doing any serious exercise. Fix your diet and stop making excuses. A 'better' diet is not good enough, it has to be almost completely free of junk and short of calories.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    2/08/2011 11:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At a certain point you are going to have to do something you are not comfortable with. Be that swimming in a pool, working out in a gym, or whatever.

These are all steps towards your goal, and avoiding them is the same as avoiding your problem.

If you want to be healthy, start acting, eating, and exercising like a healthy person would.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

Posted On:
    2/08/2011 11:18pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figured that putting the refrigerator further away from your chair might be a good idea, especially with your knee.

On a more serious note, rice is your friend. Its calorie to volume ratio is pretty low. Eat slowly, just enough to make you not hungry any more and then don't eat more. Get rid of foods that don't require preparation. If you have to put forth an effort you might decide that you just aren't that hungry. Also, get rid of drinks that are easy calories. Coke, fruit juice, kool-aid, beer, even coffee if you sugar it up.

As for cardio, it's going to have to be the pool until your knee's better.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast