Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 11:47pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Strengthening my back and shoulder muscles.

Ok im a tall dude. I'm a heavyweight but I have a tall-thin like body type.

I don't have any lower back or shoulder muscles AT ALL. wich I heard is great for punching power. I know it's all technique but I want to hone my body more :D.

So far I only know of the crab walk and seal stretch. thanks in advance! :D

edit: oh and one more thing! my wrist seem to crack very easily. not really much painfull at all but it's making me curios. any ideas of what that can be?

I eat healthy and since I run outside alot I take vitamin c daily in the morning. and vitamin b.

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 12:39pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Strengthening my back and shoulder muscles.

This must be a troll post. Either that or the guy is in middle school. I'm not even sure what the point of the post was. There was just a lot of ignorance stated. So much so that I had to reply.

Okay tall-thin heavyweight. How tall are you how, how much do you weigh?

I'm assuming you're using your dramatic middle school lingo for the fact that you are weak, because everyone who is a regularly functioning adult has back and shoulder muscles. Chance is if your back and shoulder muscles are weak so is everything else. There is no point in randomly choosing two muscle groups and trying to strengthen them or stretch them. Find a full body workout program, don't try to develop your own and post back in three months.

edit:see a doctor about your wrists. My guess is too much WOW.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 1:08pm

Style: hapkido, tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I agree with jspeedy, not the whole trolling part of it though...Anyway, find a good full body routine that keeps your body "well rounded." Specifically for back muscles, try pull ups and chin ups. Being that your looking for "punching power," I would recommend explosive upper body workouts, like "explosive" push ups (push off the ground and clap hands together). Just use the search bar or LOOK through this forum and you'll find more than enough exercises to suit your needs.

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 3:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by BldyKnuckles89 View Post
    I agree with jspeedy, not the whole trolling part of it though...Anyway, find a good full body routine that keeps your body "well rounded." Specifically for back muscles, try pull ups and chin ups. Being that your looking for "punching power," I would recommend explosive upper body workouts, like "explosive" push ups (push off the ground and clap hands together). Just use the search bar or LOOK through this forum and you'll find more than enough exercises to suit your needs.
    Thanks, I will look into this!

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    This must be a troll post. Either that or the guy is in middle school. I'm not even sure what the point of the post was. There was just a lot of ignorance stated. So much so that I had to reply.

Okay tall-thin heavyweight. How tall are you how, how much do you weigh?

I'm assuming you're using your dramatic middle school lingo for the fact that you are weak, because everyone who is a regularly functioning adult has back and shoulder muscles. Chance is if your back and shoulder muscles are weak so is everything else. There is no point in randomly choosing two muscle groups and trying to strengthen them or stretch them. Find a full body workout program, don't try to develop your own and post back in three months.

edit:see a doctor about your wrists. My guess is too much WOW.
    Your just a old fart.

by the way, 234 lbs and 6'4
    Last edited by Takeshi; 2/05/2011 3:01pm at . Reason: used a typo

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 4:58pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by BldyKnuckles89 View Post
    The exercises mentioned might be okay depending on the OPs goals. The individual exercise isn't as important as the workout program you follow. You can find cool exercises here and everywhere else all day, but it's more important to find exercises that work together for a common goal (ex. strength,size/looks,endurance). Since no one else has posted it yet check out stronglifts.com for a good beginning strength routine or dragondoor.com for bodyweight and kettele bell advice. If you're hand picking exercises just because they look cool you're wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
    Your (you're?) just a(an?) old fart. by the way, 234 lbs and 6'4
    Grammar suggestions in parentheses. Haha! At 26 I doubt most would consider me an old fart, but whatever when I see how stupid some younger people are i'm just glad i'm not there myself anymore.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 5:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

1) Do as Jspeedy said, check out http://www.stronglifts.com

2) Check out this thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102911 - it may answer some of the questions you will undoubtedly have after checking out stronglifts.

3) When it comes to punching power, you're not entirely wrong about it being related to back and shoulder muscles. However, it is not entirely limited to them. Exercises classed as 'lower body' such as squats and deadlifts will probably improve your punching power more than upper body exercises alone. This being said, a whole body strengthening routine is always better and is what pretty much everyone here who knows anything would reccommend.

4) Do you train in any combat style? If not, go to a boxing gym. It'll help your punching power more than lifting weights alone.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 6:10pm

Style: hapkido, tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I forgot to mention a strong core is a must, as with any athletics out there really. But yeah do some research on the sites suggested, they'll help a ton

Posted On:
    2/05/2011 6:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hmmm.... thanks all! interesting info indeed. Shall look into all of it!

edit: I dont believe all punching power comes from shoulder and lower back muscle but I was just very interested in those.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2011 1:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol I am gonna be straight forward on this.

Upper back and Rear delt exercise : Barbell Bent over row + Overhead Press
    Shoulder and Rear Delt exercise : Overhead press

Lower back exercise: Deadlifts + Front squats
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast