Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 2:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I Booj no more...

After lurking for a while.. I came to a self-realization... that the Booj is completely ridiculous.. said the rosary a few times and now im free of booj sin.

Went check out a local ATA tkd place where a buddy trains at, and left midway through the class because it looked like a joke.. thinking of judo or boxing next..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 3:28pm

Style: Kyokushin, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job. Find Judo or a good Kyokushin school.

Don't leave in the middle of class ever again, despite how crappy it is.
    It's very disrespectful and insulting.

Unless you were just watching.

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 3:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watching. they were sparring... i think anyway.. but i can see how it can be seen as disrespectful

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 4:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Good job. Find Judo or a good Kyokushin school.

Don't leave in the middle of class ever again, despite how crappy it is.
    It's very disrespectful and insulting.
    An adult can leave a class whenever they want whether they are watching or participating. As long as you say 'sorry I have to leave now' or words to that effect to whoever is running the class, its fine.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 8:42pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on de-ninjering. Yeah ATA is the McDojo of TKD. Judo and Boxing tend to be widely available and cheap. Whatever you choose make sure they train in an alive method that includes drilling and sparring. What is available in your area?

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 8:48pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Congrats on de-ninjering.
    Awwww, Plasma... Quit your gloating.:icon_thum

knocknout, good luck with whatever you choose. Judo would be a good awakening from Booj.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 9:34pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocknout View Post
    After lurking for a while.. I came to a self-realization... that the Booj is completely ridiculous.. said the rosary a few times and now im free of booj sin.

Went check out a local ATA tkd place where a buddy trains at, and left midway through the class because it looked like a joke.. thinking of judo or boxing next..
    What made you choose the Booj to begin with? What were you looking for that you didn't find?

Posted On:
    2/13/2011 7:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was a member of the bujinkan for a few years, at the time that i joined it was mainly a convenience thing, i literally had to jump my back wall and was in the school where the club was based, also training was on a Thursday evening which was really the only day that suited me...again convenience.

Now dont get me wrong, i was in it for a good few years and i made great friends and enjoyed myself immensely at the time.

It came to a point where i had a free day on sundays as well as thursdays and i decided to add to my training, I looked around and found a kendo club...signed up and had a amazing time, I started to see glaring differences in the way i was being thought sword work in the bujinkan and that started me to question what i was learning, it planted a sead that started to grow, the sparing in kendo really made sence...im learning these skills, i need to test them...not so in my ninja club, the feeling wouldnt go away

I kept with it for a few months, and didnt leave due to a revelation, i left due to moving house and not having a club close enough, but my kendo training really made me think, and im sure i would have left eventualy.In my new house i started to looked around and found a judo club that was just around the corner from where i now work. I signed up and am still to this day kicking myself for not doing so 4 or 5 years ago.

I haven't looked back since,i even made the effort and juggled commitments around to push my judo days from 1 initially to 3 or 4 most weeks.

do judo, youl love it. :ninja2:

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/18/2011 10:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CONGRATS.
    (tho I must say that I'm a little disturbed that you came to your "realization" while lurking here and not from your own personal experience...)
    Judo & Boxing (or Kickboxing/MuayThai) are a great combo, you'll get heaps more out of that killer combo than from the pile of schools in the Booj (that are at best very cursorily covered by 99.5% of American Ninjaz, most barely grow out of gyokko ryu sanshin & kihon happo ).
    Tinker in FMA & you'll definitely never miss BJK, apart from the shattering of your black pajama dreams that is ^_^
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 2/18/2011 10:59pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/18/2011 10:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    another tip, if I may:
    Pick up a book called Street Stoppers by Mark Mireles (seriously decorated LAPD cop & student of Jean Jacques Machado)
    http://www.amazon.com/Street-Stopper...8086462&sr=1-1

It's an excellent resource for learning how to apply what you'll learn in judo while at boxing & no-gi clinch range. You'll find that everyone that says Judo is useless w/o a gi (or not designed for self-defense) is flat out wrong.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast