Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 9:48pm

Style: Judo/Stronglifts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question About Stronglifts

I've been doing Stronglifts for a while now, and i've noticed that the 3 x 12 reverse crunches are not difficult at all anymore.

I originally did them holding a 10 pound weight in my hands, then dropped to a 5 pound weight, and then no weight, but they still aren't difficult and my abs aren't sore at all within a couple minutes of finishing.

Is this normal? Should I be adding ankle weights or something to make these more difficult? Should i do some sort of core circuit thing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 10:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Insanity
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2011 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked it out, and it seems alright as long as all the extra pushups and stuff don't cause me to start failing my lifts. Looks like a good cardio/core workout, just a bit time consuming to add on the end of another workout.

Posted On:
    1/29/2011 10:10pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_ View Post
    I've been doing Stronglifts for a while now, and i've noticed that the 3 x 12 reverse crunches are not difficult at all anymore.

I originally did them holding a 10 pound weight in my hands, then dropped to a 5 pound weight, and then no weight, but they still aren't difficult and my abs aren't sore at all within a couple minutes of finishing.

Is this normal? Should I be adding ankle weights or something to make these more difficult? Should i do some sort of core circuit thing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    You shouldn't worry about being sore. If you're training for strength you should feel stronger after your lifts (so says PAVEL!). I did stronglifts for quite a while nearly a year, and I plan to return to the routine or something close (possibly influenced by PAVEL) after my busy as heel semester ends and I can work out for more than 30-45 mins at a time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2011 5:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    You shouldn't worry about being sore. If you're training for strength you should feel stronger after your lifts (so says PAVEL!). I did stronglifts for quite a while nearly a year, and I plan to return to the routine or something close (possibly influenced by PAVEL) after my busy as heel semester ends and I can work out for more than 30-45 mins at a time.
    That's how I feel after my lifts, and my lifts feel heavy and difficult to move. My body weight exercises that I do are all done 3 x failure. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a problem with doing just the 3 x 12 reverse crunches and having them not feel difficult at all, but if I shouldn't feel like the crunches are difficult then I don't have anything to worry about :)

Thanks!

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/31/2011 6:53pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Wow, I haven't encountered a real-life Pavel fan since my Kettlebell days, years ago. I thought they were extinct!
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    2/02/2011 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are quite a few Pavel fans here on BS, iirc.

Posted On:
    2/04/2011 4:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strong lifting is not easy task, if you have been taking exercise
    for many years.than you go for it,otherwise you should
    more practice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2011 4:59am

Style: cult of crapple, ATTACK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by albino View Post
    Strong lifting is not easy task, if you have been taking exercise
    for many years.than you go for it,otherwise you should
    more practice.
    Did you bother to read this before you posted? Its not really on level with the direction the conversation is heading and its written like a crack baby tap danced accross your keyboard.

Ahem, back to topic. These gentlemen were talking about a workout program called stronglifts 5 by five. Meaning five sets of five repetitions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2011 6:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I recall correctly the Stronglifts guy says you can switch over to dragon flags if the reverse crunches become too easy.

When I was doing Stronglifts I got to the point of doing the reverse crunches easily without a supporting weight very early and switched over to dragon flags. If you switch, BE CAREFUL! Make sure you are still warmed up. This shouldn't be much of a problem if you're doing the exercises in order but I was showing my brother how to do them at home from a cold start and injured my back. I was out of training and lifting for two weeks. Learn from my fail.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast