Posted On:
    2/16/2011 8:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo Ch'uan Fa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred king View Post
    I was
    Don't recall you at Al's Cherryland or San Leandro School of Chinese Kempo. With whom did you train, and when?

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 9:18pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is one of Sifu Al's other black belts:
    http://modukpai.blogspot.com/2010/02...fred-king.html

He was inactive/left Kajukenbo for a while, and I don't know his original promotion date.

Posted On:
    2/16/2011 10:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo Ch'uan Fa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Jason. From the bio, I'm guessing he was with Al in Oregon? Pretty sure he wasn't with us at SOCK during the 60's. Maybe he'll clarify...

VBR,

Pat

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 12:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kind of.
    I was with Vargas then Juarez from 1968 to present. I have a school in San Leandro currently operating, I never met you, but know your name Pat....

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 7:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukeunbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately when I answered you earlier I didn't finish my sentence as my computer went down and then.......i forgot. I'm back. To answer your question: I was around in the early 70's. got my bb from Sifu Al (and from Sifu Mainenti--Gaylord's method) in 1974 in Denver. I knew your name from that time period. And saw your picture and heard of you from Sifu Al and others--Ben, Artie, etc! Complicated how that all came about but then I was with Sifu Al till mid 80's. Went out on my own you might say. I'm still training. Always have. I'm connected with the Kaju's of all branches. Fred King

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 8:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    did you get my reply?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2011 9:11am

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same Fred King with the real slick 'scared rabbit' act a points tourneys right? If so then you're being one hell of a lot more modest than is necessary.

Yeah , back up frantically off the mat , two-three-four times , the ref is looking annoyed , the other guy is way over-confident , you're standing there adjusting your glasses and looking worried , and then when the guy brings the freight train again and expects you to backpeddle in abject terror , but , but , but the rabbit suddenly grows some BIG freaking teeth , sidesteps/zones and busts 'em with a shot that's not quite hard enough for the ref to call as overcontact but definitely hard enough to say SURPRISE. I bet you couldn't count all the folks you did that to , along with similar little pieces of mind****....

Yeah I remember you , folks taking those points tourneys oh so serious and you and Alemany both were always loose as a goose and having a grand lot of fun , or so it always seemed.

Posted On:
    6/12/2011 11:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL--- You have quite a memory.

Rick Alemany I always thought had a great attitude to have fun. That was always my view. Tournament is NOT street self-defense. It's a good thing to practice and learn for sure...but to get all serious about a tournament, you gotta be kidding :-).

And you "jazzman" what's your story? If I may ask and not be to impolite.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 7:33pm

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all. Just noticed this thread.
    I'm one of Sifu Al's black belts as well. I started training in WHKD with Sifu Al back in 1985, so I'm not as mummified as some.
    Hi Pat, heard lots of good things about you from Sifu Al, Leonard Endrizzi, Mike Sandos and a few others.

Hi Jason, long time brother.

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 8:47pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi there--good too see you on Bullshido? Are you still training up in Vancouver? I know John is still teaching some these days.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12