Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 3:23pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ask Obama

Youtube had a poll where people could make up questions and the top one would be answered by Obama in a live interview at 2:30.

The odds are good that it will be a topic related to marijuana legalization.

Here is a link. Sorry the first one was wrong*****this one works
    YouTube - Obama On Legalizing Pot

What do you think Bullshido?(this is mainly for the Americans, but others can obviously chime in if they want) Should marijuana be legalized? Should our president be talking on youtube? Is this whole thing a glorious way for the people and the government to interact or a huge waste of time?

Personally, yes, maybe, and i don't know respectively.
    Last edited by donoraen; 1/27/2011 3:44pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 3:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not? Social media helped him get into office. Many people believe he is a one term president. Maybe social media can help him get another term? If not, to hear people tell it and looking at his approval rating, he needs to try something.

So yeah, what does he have to lose?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course it should be legalized. What a stupid question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 3:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's kind of what I am thinking, my first thought was-man doesn't he have anything better to do? But really, his options are running particularly thin. I do like that we collectively get to ask a question, but I doubt the spin doctored answer is going to satisfy anyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Of course it should be legalized. What a stupid question.
    Aparently Obama think's differently, also he openly made fun of and belittled the online community, a group that most likely had a big role in getting him elected since....just about everyone in the United states is a part of the "online community" in some form or another. People are going to remember this, I doubt he will be a two term president.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 5:15pm

Style: Kyokushin, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see how marijuana is any different than alcohol was during the 30s, except that marijuana has contributed to less accidents and deaths than alcohol.

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 5:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by donoraen View Post
    Aparently Obama think's differently, also he openly made fun of and belittled the online community, a group that most likely had a big role in getting him elected since....just about everyone in the United states is a part of the "online community" in some form or another. People are going to remember this, I doubt he will be a two term president.
    Americans can't remember anything for longer than 2 years. He doesn't need to worry.

And of course it should be legalized. It's a travesty that it's not while alchohol and cigarettes are legal. The real debate should be what to do with other, harder drugs. I support decriminalizing them though not legalizing them. They should be treated as illnesses, not as crimes. (In other words, yes I can see putting someone in jail for running a meth lab, but not be being a meth user, assuming that's their only "crime".)
    Last edited by maofas; 1/27/2011 5:53pm at .

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 5:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I don't see how marijuana is any different than alcohol was during the 30s, except that marijuana has contributed to less accidents and deaths than alcohol.
    Not to nitpick, but aside from my friend accidentally spilling steaming hot macaroni and cheese on his crotch while not wearing any pants, I don't think marijuana has contributed to a single accident, let alone deaths. :p

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 6:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The question in the video is not "should marijuana be legalized".

The question was "would legalizing marijuana improve the economy and create jobs".

And the answer is of course yes (sorry Mr. President, you gave the silly, politically correct response).

You could substitute any Blue Law and come up with the same answer. Tattooing and selling liquor on Sundays is illegal in some states. Prostitution is illegal in most states. Almost across the board there are socio-religious reasons, and the state brings in a certain amount of revenue by enforcing penalties...but nowhere near the revenue they'd bring in producing, selling, and taxing these products/services.

Would legalizing those improve the economy and create jobs?

Yes and yes.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/27/2011 6:10pm at .

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 8:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Not to nitpick, but this should be 'fewer' not 'less'.
Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast