Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2011 7:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    LOL, yeah um no. You might want to reword this.
    Nah, you read it the wrong way. Within the paragraph's context, it is clear that the sentence refers to martial artists in the plural. It wasn't in any way suggesting that some martial art students have not blindly followed their leaders, many have done just that. But at no time in history have all martial artists blindly followed their leaders.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/29/2011 10:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is "Clear"? You're an asshole aren't you? *Snif. Yup, you smell like an asshole. You write like an asshole. When I read your statement out loud you sound like an asshole. So what qualifies you to be such a douchebag, asshole?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 2:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is "Clear"? You're an asshole aren't you? *Snif. Yup, you smell like an asshole. You write like an asshole. When I read your statement out loud you sound like an asshole. So what qualifies you to be such a douchebag, asshole?
    Do you have a mirror handy?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 3:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsubayashi View Post
    Do you have a mirror handy?
    Yes, why did you need to see yourself in the mirror asshole? You could just take a picture.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, why did you need to see yourself in the mirror asshole? You could just take a picture.
    I know who and what I am, apparently you don't. Take that mirror and self-reflect.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 4:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know who and what I am, apparently you don't. Take that mirror and self-reflect.
    That's the best you can do asshole? My proclamation of being an asshole is nothing new. The difference between you and I is that I can back it up, and you're a douchebag with a serious need of a proctologist examination to determine what type of surgery is going to be needed to remove your head from your ass.

"I know who and what I am", you're a neo maxi zindweebee with an over inflated opinion of herself.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 4:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the best you can do asshole? My proclamation of being an asshole is nothing new. The difference between you and I is that I can back it up, and you're a douchebag with a serious need of a proctologist examination to determine what type of surgery is going to be needed to remove your head from your ass.

"I know who and what I am", you're a neo maxi zindweebee with an over inflated opinion of herself.
    Wow, it is so creative to quote a chickenshit character from a 25 year old movie. My hat's off to you. Sorry that your ego is so fragile that you need to throw curse words around to feel grown up.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 5:46pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My thread is now filled with poop.

It started with this:

This thread is hinting at mythos. Martial arts students, never blindly followed their leaders. If you study the history of any style, there has always been a student who became better than their teacher and either took over, moved on or started their own system. We are all human and no matter the part of world we are born in, we still are captive to human emotion and ego.
    ... which is a grand over-generalization and counter to the original question. Outliers do not a trend make. Platitudes do not an argument make. Patronizing comments that try to summarize a complex discussion in a few sentences do not add to the complex discussion.

That is a small part of the reason that Omega dug into you. The rest of the reason he dug into you is because he enjoys feasting on the souls of "enlightened" noobs.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    My thread is now filled with poop.

It started with this:

... which is a grand over-generalization and counter to the original question. Outliers do not a trend make. Platitudes do not an argument make. Patronizing comments that try to summarize a complex discussion in a few sentences do not add to the complex discussion.

That is a small part of the reason that Omega dug into you. The rest of the reason he dug into you is because he enjoys feasting on the souls of "enlightened" noobs.
    Complex discussion? Lulz. Answer a simple question, how many styles of karate exist in the small islands of Okinawa? Point proved.
    Last edited by Matsubayashi; 7/30/2011 6:16pm at .

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    7/30/2011 6:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Complex discussion? Lulz. Answer a simple question, how many styles of karate exist in the small islands of Okinawa? Point proved.
    What point?

I don't even think you are even remotely addressing the original question.

Even if we were talking about diversity of arts as a metric used to measure loyalty to instructors, you gloss over (completely avoid, actually) the fact that not all of those styles are descended from the original masters without approval. There are students who did so with the approval of their instructors. There are students who did so without.

With a mixed set of statistics, your point is unsubstantiated and, as a result, nonexistent.

Welcome to Bullshido. Where real proof rules all.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast