Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 3:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwills
    I have almost 20 years of exoerienc ein martial arts. Please tell me what the Martial Arts Code of Conduct is?????

I can't wait to read your answer.
    Dude,

Google martial arts code of conduct and you get 269,000 returns. What do you mean you have 20 years experience and you have never heard of that.

What that poster must mean is that demeaning or undermining a competitors school or style in an agressive or personal way would be outside of the typical expectation for someone serious about martial arts...really you have never heard of anything like that in 20 years?

You are trying to bait someone so that you can work out your insecurities and show how smart you are...awesome character!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 3:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No issue Kfighter ...we can work it out. We are good. Respect to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 4:21pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbones
    Dude,

Google martial arts code of conduct and you get 269,000 returns. What do you mean you have 20 years experience and you have never heard of that.

Not that I really matters but I only got 1640. Of course I searched it as a phrase. Plus I recieved this message on the second page:
    Quote Originally Posted by google.ca
    In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 71 already displayed.

Most of the first 50 results take you to a book for little kids.

Here are some other books my the same writer.

When searching for an official "martial arts code of conduct" I got 73 results, most to the same book.

The closest thing I could find was an article written by Bruce Patterson at Kuk Sool Won of Richmond.
    I would question Mr. Patterson's expertise in the subject. His lack of sources and credentials concern me.

Is that what you were referring to? I can't seem to find the official code anywhere. Which governing body created it?
    Last edited by huge; 12/18/2007 4:27pm at .

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 4:27pm

Style: jeet kune do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in regards to both wild wills and huge's comments about the martial arts code of conduct. Ya'll can both suck it! You are missing the point of the martial arts concept and need to practice some inner searching within yourselves to get to that kind of level of understanding.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 4:29pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKD0801
    in regards to both wild wills and huge's comments about the martial arts code of conduct. Ya'll can both suck it! You are missing the point of the martial arts concept and need to practice some inner searching within yourselves to get to that kind of level of understanding.
    Do you see the irony in your statement? I do.

I really want to see the "Martial Arts Code of Conduct". Can't I ask to see it?

Edit: Out of curiosity, which comments of mine were problematic?

2nd Edit: Back to the topic at hand, I haven't seen a link to either the school or the fees for training there. Could I see those too please?
    Last edited by huge; 12/18/2007 4:49pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huge,

Are you serious? You don't understand what I am talking about?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 5:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take the quotes off the phrase...who's code do you want. I will send it to you. Not to mention the numerous ancient texts on the matter....you must be kidding.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 5:43pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol "conduct"

Dude, stop preaching. Martial arts isnt church. Theres no code of conduct. You sound ridiculous.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 5:47pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbones
    Huge,

Are you serious? You don't understand what I am talking about?
    You see, the martial arts world is a very fragmented, split up place. What is accepted at one school is not by another school.

So the concept of a particular code of conduct that has the reach of say, the ten commandments does not reflect reality.

Secondly some of the items of any such code of conduct can have a political agenda. Let us say that such code includes obediance. Does that mean one does not question a particular masters pricing schedule or his fondness for hitting on the female students of the class? How about his refusal to answer where he obtained a particular technique?

Now you may never have seen such problems in your school but a search of Bullshido will reveal multiple such allegations against various "masters".

Which reminds me, why as an American, am I supposed to call some guy who teaches martial arts my "master" instead of "coach". I thought involuntary servitude had ended in these colonies:)

So in conclusion many people at Bullshido, including myself, do not take such Martial Arts codes seriously.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 5:49pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or maybe you refer to the code of the Samuri which would incidently still allow me to abuse people who are of lower social class, and require obediance to an Emperor who fortunately does not exist in the United States. Is that what you are thinking of?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast