Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 7:13am

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said, the Orland Park school is filled with posers and wannabe tough guys.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 8:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He said that the negative things people say about Sifu Dion Riccardo are unwaranted and inconsistent with his personal experience. He said that Sifu is a man of his word and a worthy role model. He said that when he was hurting Sifu reached out to him through martial arts and gave him hope and something positive to build on. He invited detractors back into the school with a clean slate and promised not to judge or persecute.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 8:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFighter
    Like I said, the Orland Park school is filled with posers and wannabe tough guys.
    Kfighter,

Do you have a mma record or training experience? Have you made it a part of your daily routine to hurt people? I wonder what you base your statement on? With respect to anyone posting here that I have relationship with you are sadly mistaken. BUT, I will say that there might be wannabe tough guys at the Orland school or the Oak Park school. You see people come in for all kinds of reasons. They bring all kinds of issues and insecurities with them. What I have noticed is that people come in for one reason but they stay for another reason. Tough guys get humbled pretty quickly, and almost all that come in with extensive experience or ability do so with the appropriate warrior spirit.

The Orland guys that I have met or trained with do not come across as tough guy wannabes. I have never met you though. I encourage you to return to training and work to put aside things that are hurting you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 8:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Holiday in Cambodia,

Not the return post that I expected from you. Attack by draw? Maybe, progressive indirect attack? Maybe my initial impression (survey of the battle) was wrong? Poor Recon?

Better yet, maybe you where teaching me something.

Anyway, I see from your profile that you are or where in the military service.

Thank you a million times for your service to our country and your oath to the Constitution. I am so grateful to you and men like you that choose service. Through out this nations history, men like you, because of your chosen field, have made and kept it possible for me to live free in the best nation on Earth.

Thank you for your service.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 10:48am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbones
    Hello Holiday in Cambodia,

Not the return post that I expected from you. Attack by draw? Maybe, progressive indirect attack? Maybe my initial impression (survey of the battle) was wrong? Poor Recon?

Better yet, maybe you where teaching me something.
    You give me far too much credit. You answered my questions in a straightforward manner. I'm a bit older than your average poster here (38) and have nothing to prove anymore. There is no battle between you and I.

By the way, my usual username is jnp. During the holidays, supporting members are given the choice of picking a holiday themed username and since I am a big fan of The Dead Kennedys, I chose Holiday in Cambodia.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 11:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I know what you mean. I am 41, definetly an old guy. One thing that is interesting to me is how the same communication patterns emerge in the keyboard warrior and mat warrior modes. Fighting style and typing style both reveal the same strengths and weaknesses. You know as methods of self-expression.

I took a general defensive position in my mind as to how I thought you would respond...planning my next move if you will. You caught me...so I tapped.

In reading random posts, it is clear that I will gain mixed reactions in these forums.

Take care down Austin way and long live SRV.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 11:10am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the school? The link in the OP is dead.
    http://www.victory4you.cmasdirect.co...ructorTeam.pml

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 2:35pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol @ me hurting.

No, I want to train with people who want to fight, but fight for the reasons. I want to compete in combat sports ecause

a) Its the only sport(s) that Im decent at
    b) Is a sport(s) I love
    c) Its exciting

I dont fight because I'm some TUF noob who wears tapout shorts and walks around like some hot shot. I did say that Dion Riccardo is a great instructor but quite a bit of his students are wannabes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 2:59pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberfu
    Degrading someone else's school, prices, program etc... just to make themselves look good is not right Degrading another's character is breaking of the Martial Art Code of Conduct.

I have almost 20 years of exoerienc ein martial arts. Please tell me what the Martial Arts Code of Conduct is?????

I can't wait to read your answer.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 3:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFighter
    lol @ me hurting.

No, I want to train with people who want to fight, but fight for the reasons. I want to compete in combat sports ecause

a) Its the only sport(s) that Im decent at
    b) Is a sport(s) I love
    c) Its exciting

I dont fight because I'm some TUF noob who wears tapout shorts and walks around like some hot shot. I did say that Dion Riccardo is a great instructor but quite a bit of his students are wannabes.
    Kfighter,

"TUF wannabe", I don't know who you are referring to so I am thinking about who wears tapout shorts. If you have a problem with another student, I think you can find a way to indicate that without being agressive toward the school. If you train(ed) in Orland, I think those classes started up mid-fall so I just don't see the basis for your comments.

Is a TUF wannabe, whatever that is, a bad training partner for you? I enjoy doing my best to kick everyone's ass. If you have some other issue that I don't understand I am sorry that I don't get it.

I train with the fight team, but I view TUF competitors as sometimes childish, but definetly up and coming MMA fighters. Some are good some aren't so although I dont see guys that want to be on TUF in training I do not understand your issue....just come back to training and work it out.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast