Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 8:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "if you want to train at victory expect to pay alot of money for classes as well. last i checked, $220 a month for 2 classes a week was the norm."

Okay Cyberfu and Mix6APlix do you disagree with this number?

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:33pm

Style: jeet kune do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to Freepunch's comments on the victory martial arts academy and it's instructors, my first comment is F' you dude!! How dare you say such negative things about that school. Victory has to be one of the top most character building schools out there to date. How the hell would you feel if i totally shat all over your school?! If in fact you do practice a martial art, you should stop immediately. I bet your master would be F'in ashamed of how you talked down about another school, there is no doubt in my mind that you dont have any discipline, self-control, or any humbling bone in your body you little prick.

As for the instructors, I wish you would come out to the gym and say that type of **** to their faces, then we'll see what kind of stuff goes down. The instructors have a whole bunch of experience in student - centered teaching, technical expertise and the heart that makes up this school.

As for anthony and Mr. Riccardo, yes they both are very devoted christian men, but what is wrong with putting everything you got into your profession which in turn helps all of our students. I wish you knew how many heart-felt testimonies that we get all the time due to Anthony's and Mr. Riccardo's influences and guidence. I you got the balls to say that type of **** again about that school, I hope you know that you better F'in bring it and put up or shut the F'up!!!

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD,Kali,JiuJutsu,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In response to Ninja Claus

I know for certain that it is NOT $220 a month for two classes. I would bet my life on it that!!

Even if it was, it would be worth it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:55pm

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you cant find JKD I suggest Krav Maga. I love JKD but couldnt find a real JKD school near me. Krav Maga is something very similar to what JKD would be had Bruce lived longer. A lot of JKD places just throw a bunch of different arts together, go to an Inosanto seminar and call it JKD. real JKD is great but the phonies are horrble...ends up being an expensive aerobics class. try Krav if ot's nearby, it's worh a look if you like JKD.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:58pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberfu
    In response to Ninja Claus

I know for certain that it is NOT $220 a month for two classes. I would bet my life on it that!!

Even if it was, it would be worth it.
    Then how much is it for two classes a week. Please scan your contract here after redacting your personal information.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 11:02pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is John Thurmond one of your school's instructors? or does he work for an affiliated school?

If so what's happening with his criminal case?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...phy/index.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 11:12pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with VMA for a tiny bit. (orland park school)

Dion is a very knowledgeable teacher for sure. My only gripes are:

Way too cramped, no room to really move/train

Alot of TUF noobs/posers who only want to "cage fight"

The whole paying through auto debit is pretty dumb too.

But Dion is good, and anyone doubting his abilities should really watch him work.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 11:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD,Kali,JiuJutsu,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninja Claus,
    I will no longer waste my time on this issue. If it is $220, then give me proof. Otherwise just see for yourself. I am just ashamed how people that call themselves Martial Artists, would even talk such nonsense. Degrading someone else's school, prices, program etc... just to make themselves look good is not right Degrading another's character is breaking of the Martial Art Code of Conduct. So just by some of the peoples comments on here reveals to me that they do not understand one bit of what it means to be a martial artist, nor do they have the heart to become one.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 12:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I'm in the fray. Unlike everyone else I choose to use my real name. I do that for two reasons. First, because I stand behind everything that I say and will be responsible for it. Second, because I have no insecurity and nothing to hide.

I learned a big part of that lesson from Sifu Dion. The mat talk at one of the many seminars that I attend for a dollar as a member of the VMAA leadership team. The talk was about duplicity and how to avoid the trap of living a double life.

I will say that if I was thinking purely from a selfish perspective....another thing that Sifu Dion has helped me overcome...I would love to have personal instruction from Master Riccardo on some of the 5-8 classes that I take at Victory each week. I do meet with Sifu for a couple hours each month and recently that time has been in one on one instruction and it is awesome. Sifu Dion is an amazing instructor. Through high school and almost eight years of college and formal professional education given by some of the absolute leading authorities in their respective fields, Dion Riccardo is almost without peer in his method and his mastery. Do I wish I had personal instruction from him more often? Yes, I do and he knows it. He has given me his word that the time will come....and it will.

VMAA is an excellent school, the people are very friendly. Sifu is only in the Oak Park school a few days a week but he is not hanging out at home. The Orland Park school signed up over 25 members in the first two weeks of classes. Sifu Dion is teaching there at least four classes a week. That is fine for sure. His teachers are teaching for him out of loyalty and respect and due to a belief that when you return value where value is received that which you honor in your life will increase in your life. Sifu Dion is not making any more money now than he was a year ago. There are more instructors (real good ones) teaching more classes at multiple locations. I would bet, but cant say for sure, that expenses are slightly outpacing the increase in revenues. That is ownership investing in the business and in the world of finance that is a good sign for a prosperous future.

To insult Sensei Anthony by putting the word protege in quotes is a disgrace to the writer and a sign to the intelligent reader that freepunch's personal issues may have too significant of an impact for the post to be taken seriously. "Whoever they can find to teach" is a freakin joke too. All of my instructors at VMAA...all of them...have poured their experience, their knowledge, and their diligent best effort into me. Without exception VMAA instructors have enriched my life both on the mats and off. I suspect that group includes "freepunch".

The "Jesus freak" part of the Jesus freak comment is 100% true. Those of you that don't know or care about Jesus and those of you that deny or even hate Jesus are still welcomed and loved by everyone at VMAA...the Jesus freaks and the non Jesus freaks alike. Jesus taught us that. It is never too late for anyone to make a decision for Jesus. Sifu Dion will help you with that too.

I imagine some people are uncomfortable with that , including some of Sifu's mentors. It will never be to late for any of them either. Besides that statement must be 100% conjecture or made by someone that new Sifu during those days or is now training at Degerberg Academy (also a wonderful first rate school with excellent curriculum and staff) All people can be hurt or held back by their own insecurity and duplicity.

You can train at Victory 2 classes a week for $99 per month (striking or ground) up to unlimited classes with personal fitness training 2 times a week for less than $250 a month.

My family of five pays $299 per month and I do that with no reservation whatsoever. In fact, if I could estimate the financial value of what I have learned at VMAA as it applies to my own business and personal life, I would estimate the value of that experience to be many many thousands of dollars.

Here is something else that I think is interesting and important. I have never heard Sifu Dion say anything negative about anyone ever. I have never heard Sifu say anything negative about any other school, style, discipline, teacher or student...never ever not once in my life. He has corrected me when I have done so in his presence and asked me to be careful because my statements and actions are always setting an example for others and serving as a window into my own heart.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone for a peaceful, prosperous, productive goal attaining year in 2008. Merry Christmas!!

Dan Bones

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 12:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Krood1,

Moti and Dimor still the KM kings of New York? What a couple of great guys! If you know them say hello, if you don't look them up. I think it is Horenstein. Great guys great school!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast